2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

M3 or 350z

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 04:00 PM
vex008

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

don't do it!
Simply cause I prefer the Z.
Not partial either as my cousins had 2 of them which I drove for months at a time over the space of a couple years. My first car was going to be an 01 M3 but opted otherwise, went jdm with a fiercly tuned integra, i know - funny/what a dumb ***. But I had trouble giving them back their M3 to get a drive off my integra.
M3/BMW in general in Miami is like sand in the desert soooo not much of a head turner in that regard, just going off of where I was at the time, might be in other areas.
First Z I ever saw was red with red wheels in Miami. Had to have one.
Got an 06 z touring now and love it!
i'd trade it for a novitec tuned 599 though!
Anytakers?
Old 11-22-2009, 05:48 PM
JonsilvZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zim2322
I recently just sold my 03.5 M3 to buy a 350z and i couldnt be happier, trust me, if you like the way your Z drives, you will HATE the way the M drives. Japan > Germany
Well I did own the 03 350z, original owner. Had many little problems(window motor broke,brake caliper rattles, intake gasket leaking,poor Bose radio amps). It had less then 40k before I sold it. Now my AMGs have been reliable. My C36 has 108k and my Clk55 has 51k. BMW are POS. People that I know owns them and too many problems.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:33 AM
Erdem

WOW people are beginning to hate me in here because of the M3
well folks I decided to keep my Z for a while... but in the future, when/if I get elder the M for sure
I don't know why u all hatin'?? german engineering FTW
Old 11-23-2009, 05:04 AM
I DTW I

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

90% of people that see an M3 just think it's a regular 3 series coupe because they can't tell the difference. Plus they have only like 5% different physical appearance.

Doesn't take an expert to realize the 350Z is a hot car, every girl knows it the moment she lays eyes on one of us.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:16 AM
TJGILROY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Modern Warfare 2 anyone, this thread is weak....
Old 11-23-2009, 05:49 AM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Decisions Decisions . . . . . Hmmmm....Which one is better ?
Old 11-23-2009, 09:43 AM
TJGILROY

Originally Posted by JCat
you know you have to test drive them before you find that out...hehe
Old 11-23-2009, 12:09 PM
ronsupercars

Originally Posted by vex008
don't do it!
Simply cause I prefer the Z.
Not partial either as my cousins had 2 of them which I drove for months at a time over the space of a couple years. My first car was going to be an 01 M3 but opted otherwise, went jdm with a fiercly tuned integra, i know - funny/what a dumb ***. But I had trouble giving them back their M3 to get a drive off my integra.
M3/BMW in general in Miami is like sand in the desert soooo not much of a head turner in that regard, just going off of where I was at the time, might be in other areas.
First Z I ever saw was red with red wheels in Miami. Had to have one.
Got an 06 z touring now and love it!
i'd trade it for a novitec tuned 599 though!
Anytakers?

I'm a big Z fan now but my first passion is Ferrari. I would love to see some pics of the 599.
Before I bought my Z roadster I was looking for a Blk on Blk M3. Join the BMW forums to get the low down. The maintanace scared me away. Not quite ready for that yet. Bought my Grand Touring Roadster and I have not visited the Bimmer Forums since. GREAT daily driver. Top down driving can't be beat. Never expected the amount of attention the car gets at the lights and the gas stations. Go with the Z, you won't regret
Old 11-23-2009, 06:20 PM
plg3rd

Originally Posted by mydaytonablueZ
I think because you've gotten used to the acceleration, you've become bored.

I'll tell you something right now though, I live on LI and travel into manhattan...people have BMW's everywhere, but I have gotten stopped more times and more girls stare at me than the guys with the S4's and M3's because THEY'RE DIFFERENT! Nobody has them!

And, that's the beauty of the 350z...I just wish the damned door hinges were better hahaha
Same with me I live in Westchester and I drive into Manhattan everyday....Nobody cares about BMW. I get more stares than a 09 M3 or M6, and im not over exaggerating. e46 M3 was the only other car i was thinkin about getting when I got my Z but now that I have my a Z I don't regret it. I never thought in a million years that ppl would pay more attention to my 05 Z than a E92 M3 or a 911 Porsche. keep ur car and mod it if u want more speed
Old 11-24-2009, 01:24 AM
Erdem

Originally Posted by plg3rd
Same with me I live in Westchester and I drive into Manhattan everyday....Nobody cares about BMW. I get more stares than a 09 M3 or M6, and im not over exaggerating. e46 M3 was the only other car i was thinkin about getting when I got my Z but now that I have my a Z I don't regret it. I never thought in a million years that ppl would pay more attention to my 05 Z than a E92 M3 or a 911 Porsche. keep ur car and mod it if u want more speed
yeahh I think I'll do that
Old 11-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Dr.TuB

had the 330ci. not quite m3 but still close in terms of luxury. and with luxury comes hefty repair cost. my 330ci was out of warranty a yr after i purchased it and guess what. my first bill came to be close to 4k with just sway bars, ball joints control arms...

so if you dont got the pockets, stay away from luxury cars like bimmers...

and i have to say, both the m3 and the z is nice. both turn heads because of their unique engine/exhaust note.

however, when someone sees a guy in his mid 20s driving a 350z, they'd instantaneously link to rich daddy's boy. but when that same person sees another guy in his mid 20s driving an m3, they'd say SPOILED rich daddy's boy...
Old 11-24-2009, 03:08 PM
ImportedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JCat
I am pretty sure that they would test drive you...
Old 11-24-2009, 04:20 PM
uglyduc

^was thinkin' the same thing, they look like they'd own you...

I'm an ex 01 M3 smg driver and have an 08base Z now. The M3 handled better, was faster out of the box and had the bling factor.. but then again the M is a different class of car than the Z luxury perf vs economy perf. With the money you save not having to fix the Z you can put into making it handle better and be faster than the M.

Both German and Japanese engineering is world class.

IMO the SMG tranny sucked a$$, great on paper but just never got used to it.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Fire_4_Effect

i don't know why but i get the strong pushing to say the m3...
Old 11-28-2009, 03:26 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Anyone that thinks BMW;s are great, I would love to compare a Nissan to a BMW with 200,000 miles on them. Lets talk about whose motors lasted & whose did not.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:13 PM
TimeAttkZ

Originally Posted by Erdem
Thank you all for your opinions,
I went out to try this M3 today...
It's a waaaaaay different car than the Z.
He told me he had a Mbox or something so the M had 366hp I don't now how true that is?
It was so comfortable, but I was missing the Wildness that I have in my Z.
I could'nt feel it was faster.
so I'm not sure about this...

M Box hahah Guy at the dealer is full of $hit.

Ive had both a e46 M3 and two 350z's (05' and 07'), all of which have been moded. There is no comparing the two.

Half the poeple in this thread dont know $hit. The key to owning a BMW is making sure that you can afford to own one.

If your going to get an early model e46 M3 then make sure the rod bearing recal is done.

M3 hands down. Close thread. - Coming from a multiple Z owner and lover

Last edited by TimeAttkZ; 11-28-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:18 AM
ashram

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

op, if you can afford the m3, do it. maybe research and get a good aftermarket warranty. I test drove a beautiful silver smg and loved it. only thing i didn't like was no sunroof. I rarely see e46 m3 where i live.

So when i do see one my jaw always drops. No m3 of any year looks like its non m brother. that's just total b.s. if someone can't see flared fenders and the aggressive air damn, then there ever retarted or blind lol.

I plan on picking one up in the next year. after i graduate, little gift to myself. just remember that these cars are in the 20's now but there were still 50-60 grand brand new. so just make sure you can cope with the repairs. later man.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:33 AM
Fire_4_Effect

Originally Posted by zland
Anyone that thinks BMW;s are great, I would love to compare a Nissan to a BMW with 200,000 miles on them. Lets talk about whose motors lasted & whose did not.
you are trying to point out such a broad view, there are numerous factors that come to play for your statement to be proven true. so 200,000 is the lucky number, well, what if i drive the living sh*t out of a "nissan motor" for that specified mileage and pamper a "bmw motor" for that specified mileage... now which motor would last longer... if you have a fair and leveled playing ground (controlled), it may be luck of the draw; both vehicles are dependable. are you a hater of bimmers?
Old 11-29-2009, 09:52 AM
TheArtfulDodger

Originally Posted by zland
I'm not one to start conflict, but if you knew anything about motors you would know how well built and durable German motors are. They just cost more to maintain than a Japanese one. If both are properly maintained, I'd like to see which lasts longer.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:26 AM
SB2004Z
Banned

My old '98 Lexus ES300 had 150,0000+ miles and the engine was in near perfect shape.

Quick Reply: M3 or 350z