Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My 350Z Rant

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 03:48 PM
KONVERTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first off a troll is someone who just logs on and reads the forum...

Originally posted by JFritz

Anyways here's my list for comparible cars.

Ford Mustang Cobra $32K 1/4 Time 13.4
Mitsubishi Evolution $30K 1/4 time 13.7?
Subaru STI $31K 1/4 time 13.4?

By comparison, yes I think the 350Z is slow.
350z is not a 1/4mile car...

Z will beat all those cars on a track / slolom...

those cars are ugly as **** too...

My z will beat a 4.8 second 1/4 mile car at Le Mans... s

now which one is slow?
Old 10-16-2003, 04:07 PM
Morphiend

Originally posted by KONVERTER
first off a troll is someone who just logs on and reads the forum...
Actualy a Troll is some one who posts just to get a rise out of others.

Now, back to your thread.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:19 PM
only1

like i said, read everyone of my posts. all i stated were facts. slow = slow in comparison to other cars in the price range. performance parts don't = a lot of net hp. i don't want to spend $31k to be beaten buy a little neon.
I wouldnt spend 20k, not even 10k to be seen in a neon
Old 10-16-2003, 04:29 PM
KONVERTER

Originally posted by Morphiend
Actualy a Troll is some one who posts just to get a rise out of others.

Now, back to your thread.
no thats an ******* **** **** ****...
Old 10-16-2003, 04:59 PM
Conceyted

no thats an ******* **** **** ****...
haha... anyway, the guy that posted hasn't shown his face for a few hours now. After I was "insulted" for being young Should we consider this thread done?
Old 10-16-2003, 05:08 PM
marhot

Default Okay, my .02...

Why I purchased a Z?

fanatic's says it best
...for the right mix of styling with performance. Our performance is great, not perfect, but great....the styling is perfect. beautiful lines, beautiful curves, definately more memorable and pleasurable than any of the other cars you've mentioned...
00Xterra, not even gonna comment
98 cobra, cool, but super common highschool muscle car
93 Z28...cool car, if you still wear a mullet.

350Z....fast, class, and sex appeal..........
Regarding your "CON" --Same motor used in many other Nissan cars--
That's actually a "PRO", I agree with WashUJon
The VQ engine is touted as one of the greatest V6s ever made, ya know. The fact that Nissan uses it in so many cars is a testament to its worth.
And don't act "shocked" when you come to a 350Z board and start with how "dissapointed with Nissan" you are & how you don't "understand why Nissan made a car ..." blah, blah, blah.

But my favorite; "I'm not a troll"....

Like conceyted said
do us all a favor and DON'T buy a Z
PS Yielar nice pic...
Old 10-16-2003, 06:57 PM
Yielar

Thanks Marhot !
Old 10-16-2003, 07:04 PM
JFritz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Conceyted,
Your pencil neck a-- needs to take a step back. I haven't posted for a few hours? hahaha Get a job.

I'd be willing to bet the same folks that got defensive on this thread are the same half still livin at home suckin on mommy's nipple to afford their Z.

I'll say it again, take criticism. Your car is not an extension of you, it is a piece of machinery. I never insulted any of you or the Z until a few of you got out of line.

Also, Konverter, the way you answered my post was like it was directed at you. Stock........Not modded. Plus what does this mean "My z will beat a 4.8 second 1/4 mile car at Le Mans... s"?
Old 10-16-2003, 07:07 PM
KONVERTER

Also, Konverter, the way you answered my post was like it was directed at you. Stock........Not modded. Plus what does this mean "My z will beat a 4.8 second 1/4 mile car at Le Mans... s"?

im saying quater mile times dont mean anything... you can have a car that will do a 1/4 mile at over 250MPH but that same car will not beable to handle turns on a race track...

the cars you mentioned STOCK might beable to beat the Z in a 1/4 miledash.. but on a track.. the Z will win..
Old 10-16-2003, 07:14 PM
91na

Go for an '04 Mach I

(BTW, I only read the first page, hpe this post is not out of place)
Old 10-16-2003, 07:16 PM
Conceyted

I am 18... I live at home to be able to afford a car like this on my own. I would rather live at home and drive a ****ing beautiful car than live in some POS shack and drive a POS car to say, "I live on my own." Oh and btw...
get a job
I have a job too! This is good your trying to insult me but they arent working. Please keep them coming. Or you can just drop it and move on. The Z isn't for you, judging by your posts you won't enjoy it because everyone will be beating you(in your own mind)....
Old 10-16-2003, 07:21 PM
KONVERTER

remember people this is the internet.. people will say things they will never do in life... they will have false persona's for the net..

ive met people across the country at different gigs i have played who ive talked to online... they make them selves out to be macho and all this and that... and they are really like screech and dorky...

dont take things you read on the net seriously...

specially if she JUST turned 18 and her pictures look AMAZING... most likely... its some fat dude...
Old 10-16-2003, 07:32 PM
Conceyted

remember people this is the internet.. people will say things they will never do in life... they will have false persona's for the net..

ive met people across the country at different gigs i have played who ive talked to online... they make them selves out to be macho and all this and that... and they are really like screech and dorky...

dont take things you read on the net seriously...

specially if she JUST turned 18 and her pictures look AMAZING... most likely... its some fat dude...
Good advice man. I am done with this
Old 10-16-2003, 08:04 PM
FLY BY Z

Hey Fritz. The Z - it's not a car you buy, it's a feeling you get. Either you get it or you don't. If you don't, do not be worried or ashamed. But if you do, oh baby, it's like warm apple pie.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:15 PM
Morphiend

But... but... guys dont REALLY pretend to be girls do they? not on the internet... never. Thats all just an ugly rumor.

Oh, btw my best friend just tunred 18 and got really curious with her web cam, you can be her friend also at www.imreallyaguy.com

As to Z related, I agree. If you dont know that you really want the Z, then its probably not the car for you. I knew I could get a faster 1/4th time with a Stang, but do I want to be one of the tons of poeple driving stangs around? Serously, I see about 10 to 18 on my 15 minute drive to work. Now, I see probably 1 Z every 3 days, and they turn heads and are a thing of beauty.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:27 PM
KONVERTER

i havent seen any z's for a few days...
Old 10-16-2003, 08:28 PM
Grommit

Originally posted by Morphiend
Oh, btw my best friend just tunred 18 and got really curious with her web cam, you can be her friend also at www.imreallyaguy.com
Old 10-16-2003, 09:10 PM
Dissident

I'm not sure why y'all bother to even reply.. with that said, here I go...

Why do people drive Zs? Cause by the time you can afford $30+ for a car, you've usually gown up enough to realize that there's not to life than magazine specs and 1/4 times. If I lived somewhere that snowed, or had weather for that matter, I MIGHT consider one some turbo econobox, but for the money, I'd rather drive around in a car that feels like 30K, not somethng that feels not much different that a 15K economy car with 5K in mods.

I'd venture to say if any of us needed that kind of performance, we'd probably step up to an Audi A4/S4, not down to a subaru (which I love, don't get me wrong). Yeah, an A4 won't ever be the rally car the STi is (not that the subaru has much in common either other than looks), but who really cares.
And, yeah, if all we wanted was to drag race, we'd buy a mustang or whatever.

Yeah, the Z shares the engine with plenty of common cars. So does the Lotus Elise; arguably the sportiest car in current existance. At least it doesn't share a chassis with an economy car from the 70s (Fox/Mustang), nor does it share a body/enterior with a $15K base model. Ugh. Oh, and there's that whole build quality issue.

Like people aren't going to think you're a troll jsut because you said "I swear I'm not" If you're going to troll, why not jsut come on here and ask why people bother buying cars at all? Let's compare apples to coconuts... My $10K bike runs 0-60 well under 3 seconds, 1/4 in the 9s, and that's stock. Why buy a car at all? Obviously a stupid question, and the answer is people have other priorities other than specs. Which, you obviously already knew the answer to, and if you gotta ask, you jsut don't get it. Man, I'm bored.
Attached Thumbnails My 350Z Rant-domesticethug.jpg  
Old 10-16-2003, 09:27 PM
Z2k3

93z28, the money pit this **** went through 3 transmissions, ignition, and about $3K other worth of sh-t that wasn't under warranty.

98 cobra fast car with few mods. i ran a 13.3 in the 1/4 but i also wrecked it when a tire blew at the track. $8K in damage that i had to pay off. plus 2 transmissions out.

98 ws6, fast, not nimble, and definitly a beast. i only kept it for a year, nice looking, fast, but i lost my license for drag racing. so it had to go.
Ok I'm gonna be serious and not mean just honest, after reading all the posts here and in particular this one maybe the car you need to buy should be slower. Maybe it should be a Z or maybe another slower car, going by the experiences you have had with powerful straightline acceleration cars it may not be worth your while. I mean what good is buying a car that can run 12's stock or whatever if you wreck it or blow thru transmissions left and right.

I'm not ragging on you I'm just saying maybe it's time to put the drag racing aside, and get into something slower or safer. This could be the Z and it may not be the Z. Either way one thing is for sure if you buy a Cobra, SRT-4, STi, or EVO no one will EVER come up to you and say:

"Hey is that a Porsche?"

Happens all the time when I drive my Z around, of course there's not too many Zs around here but regardless. In the end maybe the fastest car isn't the best for you, but if you think it is I would look at either the 03/04 Cobra, a used 02 SS Camaro/WS6, a used C5 Vette, or maybe if you are really lucky you MIGHT find a used Saleen S-281e for 31k or less (yes unlikely but you never know lol)
Old 10-16-2003, 09:53 PM
Azn03Z

GTFO the board.

Quick Reply: My 350Z Rant