Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Let the modding begin.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 02:49 PM
dhays

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CFactor
Thanks for your concern but you are unfortunately wrong. I have a perfect driving history and I have been driving for 9 years now. All of my cars have been 15% with 50% on the front.
No problem. I guess a 25 yo with a high school diploma knows more about the human visual system than an eye doctor with over 25 years of clinical experience.

I guess that using the same logic you could conclude that seat belts don't prevent injury since you could have been driving for 9 years and they haven't helped you yet?

Anyway, very nice looking S2k. I'd be interested in why you decided to go with the Z this time around after owning the Honda. I seriously considered the S2k before I bought the Z.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:37 PM
CFactor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It only happens about twice a year - and its more than likely due to my contacts - but my eyes just continue to water. Its a pretty bad annoyance.

Originally Posted by dhays
No problem. I guess a 25 yo with a high school diploma knows more about the human visual system than an eye doctor with over 25 years of clinical experience.

I guess that using the same logic you could conclude that seat belts don't prevent injury since you could have been driving for 9 years and they haven't helped you yet?

Anyway, very nice looking S2k. I'd be interested in why you decided to go with the Z this time around after owning the Honda. I seriously considered the S2k before I bought the Z.

I am not questioning your knowledge that you have acquired by being an Optometrist, but unfortunately a lecture about window tint will fall on deaf ears. And I always wear my seatbelt as any "college graduate" should.

As far as the S2000, thanks I loved it. My roomate had a Z while I had an S2000 and I always loved the Z's torque compared to my car. It's also very easy to heal-toe just like in the S2000.

The things I miss about the S are the responsiveness and nimbleness of the car. It felt more stable while turns, but just lacked the bottom end torque to effectively accelerate out of a lot of turns. The steering was much better than the Z as well. This was my third vtec Honda and definitely had the most aggressive VTEC changeover compared to any stock D or B series motor I had ever driven in, which was to be expected. Braking in the S2000 is a lot better, but I drive a Touring not a Track Z now.

Eventually the S2000 was became annoying for a daily driving and trips longer than an hour were very uncomfortable. The fun-factor never disappeared from this car, but eventually the bad outweighed the good.

Either way the Z is more "practical" than the S2000 - in the sense that it has more room for the driver and especially the passenger - and I am just not ready for a sedan. With the Z I still get a superior handling, fun to drive, torquey, modable, reliable, and attractive vehicle compared to the average car for 17,500 dollars.

Also, the S2000 is a great weekend or spirited drive car. As a daily driver it takes a function>form enthusiast to enjoy this car on a day to day basis.

Last edited by CFactor; 11-24-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:47 PM
dhays

Originally Posted by CFactor
Either way the Z is more "practical" than the S2000 - in the sense that it has more room for the driver and especially the passenger - and I am just not ready for a sedan. With the Z I still get a superior handling, fun to drive, torquey, modable, reliable, and attractive vehicle compared to the average car for 17,500 dollars.

Also, the S2000 is a great weekend or spirited drive car. As a daily driver it takes a function>form enthusiast to enjoy this car on a day to day basis.
It is nice to hear your impressions having owned both. That was my impression from test driving both as well, but of course those were just a few test drives of each. I also was looking for something that I could DD comfortably and still have something fun, so I went with the Z. I haven't been disappointed yet.

Dave
Old 11-24-2009, 04:52 PM
CFactor

It is nice to hear your impressions having owned both. That was my impression from test driving both as well, but of course those were just a few test drives of each. I also was looking for something that I could DD comfortably and still have something fun, so I went with the Z. I haven't been disappointed yet.

Dave
Yeah you made the choice I wish I had made all along. But now I am out of college and have a good job at a marketing firm here in Charlotte, so I won't be as much of a budget modder like I was with the S2000. The thing that I can't believe about the S2000 is how cheap it was to mod - and have it look amazing. The 4 cyl motor was so efficient that bolt ons were a complete waste of money. All I had on the S was the exhaust (got it for 400 shipped), the hardtop (pieced a kit and painted it for 1400), 8000k HID's (50 bucks), 15% tint (120 for all 3 windows), and got an S2000 with the OEM lip and spoiler. The wheels were the factory 16's which I sanded, primed, and painted.

Ive already spent almost twice as much on mods for the Z and I have owned it 6 days haha.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:14 PM
NateZ08

needs more carbon fiber like it needs more cowbell.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:52 PM
CFactor

more carbon and cowbell are next on the list.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:13 AM
ruth'lessz33

As an eye doctor, I hope to hell you aren't ever planning on driving the car at night.
my car has a tinted windshield(35%) matter of fact all my cars have had tinted windshields and 20% tint its not bad at night at all
Old 11-25-2009, 06:41 AM
nismonian

congrats on the purchase!

post pics when u get a chance...
Old 11-25-2009, 02:06 PM
SE5spd

S2K are sick
Old 11-27-2009, 07:10 PM
CFactor

My popcharger and tires have arrived.

There was a problem with the lip I ordered from Auto Infantry (PM = Eric@Autoinfanty), but luckily they inspected the lip before shipping and noticed the defect. They immediately notified me of the issue and will send me a flawless VS V1 cf lip on Monday. to Auto Infantry for deciding to correct an issue before it became a problem/unsatisfied customer. I look forward to ordering the rest of my body kit from them in the near future. I hope that the lip will be here by Thursday so I can take some sick pictures of the car.

My exhaust and HIDs will be here on Tuesday and my wheels should be here Wednesday or Thursday. I am not sure if the coilovers or CF exterior door handle covers have shipped yet, but I hope they will be here by Thursday. Thursday is the day I hope to have all of my mods installed, because I will be installing everything on my three days off from work.

I will also be debadging the 350z emblem and possibly painting the front/rear nissan emblems black. Suggestions on how to do it without it being prone to chipping?? I want them flat black to match the wheels.

Last edited by CFactor; 11-27-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:31 AM
SA Z-boi

^^^ fish line is probably your best bet.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:04 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,323 Likes on 1,672 Posts

Sways will help it handle better and feel more like the S2k, just leave off a rice mod (roof overlay, CF hood, door handle covers ) and you can get parts to improve the car.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:24 AM
CFactor

too late - all those parts have pretty much been ordered. Sways will be ordered later on once I decide which ones I want.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:41 AM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SE5spd
S2K are sick
Then have your parents buy you one
Old 12-01-2009, 10:25 AM
CFactor

So Tuesday is here. My wheels shipped out last night and will be here Thursday. I want to get my DIY black housing headlights taken care of today and start stripping the OEM parts off.

I don't think that my bluebat black roof, CF lip, or door handles will be here this week, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:25 PM
CFactor

So setback after setback has forced me to delay the project. I am just going to throw the suspension/wheels/intake on this week - next week I will be doing the DIY black housing headlights, CF lip and door handles, and exhaust.

UPS, being the retards that they are, forgot to ship out one of my two packages. The package that was forgotten was the 8000k HIDs and the exhaust. Now it got rescheduled and won't be here until Friday. I work 12 hours a day Friday through Monday so I won't even be here to sign for the package - that's another thing I have to figure out just so I can get the damn box in my house.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:15 PM
mrwong@statik
Vendor - Former Vendor

Just to drop by to say Hello.

and throw in my 2 cents...Hood Dampers = )

Can't wait to see the car!
Old 12-01-2009, 11:18 PM
SE5spd

Originally Posted by NISMO_558
Then have your parents buy you one
well since I already have my Daily GTR and my weekend Z I don't think they want to spend anymore on me this week
Old 12-03-2009, 05:38 PM
kenpo_350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on your purchase. I too came from owning an S2000. Except I went to the convertible Z.

Reading your review it was spot on. As a daily driver the S2K started to lose its fun factor. As a weekend car it is a blast. One thing I think you left off is the transmission on the S2000 is amazing and really hard to beat.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:30 PM
CFactor

Yeah I agree with you kenpo. The tranny in the s2000 was perfect. I absolutely loved it.

Quick Reply: Let the modding begin.