Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I just bought my Z, but I am very disappointed

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 12:32 PM
rouxeny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too funny Mike.

I think you're screwed in terms of broken exterior pieces. The dealer will state that they sold the car to you in that condition and you bought it. I can see that you might not have noticed the exterior parts, but a big bleach stain on the seat? That had to have been pretty obvious.

As to the car being slow, it shouldn't be. As was mentioned, the automatic should do 0-60 in under six seconds with no problem. If it isn't you should get the car checked out, or better yet, have somebody from the board come by and see it.
Old 10-21-2003, 12:43 PM
Dissolved

Yan, power doesnt really pick up til 3500RPMS and beyond. Get your RPMS up a bit. Lounge the car forward with a quick blip of the throttle and let off. Then quickly mash it all the way down. Car should pull very hard. Also, the more miles on the car the faster it will be. A new engine isnt going to be as fast. I can tell you that.

Dealer should take care of every piece. My dealer takes good care of me.
Old 10-21-2003, 12:56 PM
SweatyPalm

Default Re: What Language is that, Yan?

Originally posted by Richard 350z
Not English, that's for sure. I think someone is pulling our collective legs.

Yan - take it back and get a 6MT.
Yan is probably inexperience and was too excited about the car (overlooked the flaws). Now he needs help and all you can contribute is critizing his language. and some of you even called him a troll....WTF? This forum is supposed to be the friendliest forum on earth. Show your Z spirit.
Old 10-21-2003, 12:58 PM
gmoorjr

Yan- I have a 2004 Enth. with the Auto tranny and it screams when I step on it. To go even faster, shut off A/C and traction control
Old 10-21-2003, 01:09 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Yan, If that car is still in its break in period? I would not recommend gassing the car like that.

Also, the salesman is required to go over the car with you and the both of you inspect the car, and he tells you everything about the car, its features, how the seats recline, radio, ect.

So, how did you miss the bleach spot?

If he did not show the features of the car, ensure you mark that down when you get your survey in the mail.

This dealer reminds me of my dealer here.

Old 10-21-2003, 01:21 PM
JFritz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: What Language is that, Yan?

Originally posted by SweatyPalm
Yan is probably inexperience and was too excited about the car (overlooked the flaws). Now he needs help and all you can contribute is critizing his language. and some of you even called him a troll....WTF? This forum is supposed to be the friendliest forum on earth. Show your Z spirit.
haha, SweatyPalm, reference this [URL=https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46435] for the friendliest forum and z spirit showing gratitude for a newbie and his honest questions.

Last edited by JFritz; 10-21-2003 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-21-2003, 01:26 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Thread does not work
Old 10-21-2003, 01:28 PM
marhot

Default Re: I just bought my Z, but I am very disappointed

Originally posted by Yan
Hi everybody,
Do you have the same experience that I have?

When I bought my z, I found three broken parts that I have to wait for two weeks to fix them. Also, I have a question to ask. Can anyone tell me about your z (if you have the touring with automatic shift)? I find out that when I try to accerate my z from 0 to 30 , it takes too long ( I mean way way too long and the sound from the engine is funny).
I have to step on the gas up to 3000rpm to feel the speed. Is it right thing to do from 0 mph.
Please help me out, and tell me how to treat my z
Thank you
Yan
Hey man, did you mean...

Hi everybody.
Have you had the same experience that I had?

When I bought my Z, I found it had three broken parts. I will have to wait two weeks to have them fixed. Also, I have a question for those who have the Touring model with automatic. It seems to take too long when I accelerate from 0 to 30. (I mean an extremely long time and the engine produces an unusual sound.) I have to accelerate over 3,000 RPMS before I notice an increase in speed. Is this normal performance for accelerating from a dead stop?

Any help would be appreciated. And any advice on how to treat my Z?

Thank you.
Yan
Old 10-21-2003, 01:40 PM
Dissolved

Default Re: Re: What Language is that, Yan?

Originally posted by SweatyPalm
Well said.

Leave the guy alone. English probably isnt his first language. Many of you have shown your true colors, regardless or not if this thread is a joke. Try acting your age.
Old 10-21-2003, 01:45 PM
SweatyPalm

Default Re: Re: Re: What Language is that, Yan?

Originally posted by JFritz
haha, SweatyPalm, reference this [URL=https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46435] for the friendliest forum and z spirit showing gratitude for a newbie and his honest questions.
JFritz, here's the difference between Yan and U and I think you have to know what you did wrong. U said even a $20K neon can beat the Z (wrong fact)....you were looking for a war.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:01 PM
JFritz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm, Car and Driver

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....rticle_id=1868

Dodge Neon SRT-4
1 2 3

Just think of it as Frankeneon.
BY TONY SWAN
PHOTOGRAPHY DAVID DEWHURST
December 2002

One look reveals the probable character of the beast, so let's just cut right to the quick. The Neon SRT-4 rips to 60 mph in 5.6 seconds, to 100 in 13.8, covers a quarter-mile in 14.2 seconds at 102 mph, and keeps on huffin' all the way to 153 mph.

---------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=6
The 350Z Touring's 5.7-second run to 60 mph and 14.3-second quarter-mile

----------------------------------------------------------------

Different mags quote different times, but here's Car and Driver. Of course there are different conditions and whatever, but they seem to run side by side. Why is that so offensive?

Last edited by JFritz; 10-21-2003 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:10 PM
KONVERTER

no car is going to do anything below 3000 rpm or "rmp" should i say...

if you want the car to move.. you need to FLOOR IT... below 40MPH put the car in 1st if your using manual shift mode... you cant expect to pass people in 5th gear in manual mode by flooring it...

did you look at the car before you bought it? i dont see how i would miss a bleech spot on a seat while sitting in the car...

good luck to you...
Old 10-21-2003, 02:52 PM
DavidD

I don't know if this thread is BS. But with any car you have to know how to drive it fast. You have to know the car as far as Hp, Torque, rev speed, redline, etc. etc. You can take the same car with 2 different drivers and get drastically different results with speed. I know most of you know this.
Old 10-21-2003, 03:34 PM
iris

I think Yan got his point across fine. The Internet is not the place to criticize writing. We all understood him didn't we?

Originally posted by Pure Tremble
Yan, power doesnt really pick up til 3500RPMS and beyond.

Also, the more miles on the car the faster it will be. A new engine isnt going to be as fast. I can tell you that.
Anyway, what PT said is right. I have an AT and the engine will get faster/less sluggish the more you drive it and break it in. And the gas mileage will improve too.
Old 10-21-2003, 03:54 PM
Yan

Hi everyone,
I am sorry about my english skills, English is my third language.
Let me tell you my story. Three weeks ago i went to a dealer to purchase a 350z. They told me they did not have any 350z with automatic, so I did not take a test drive. Because I believed that Nissan 350z should be a good car, I put my deposit down. They told me that they would find the color I liked (Black). Two days later, they called me back and told me they found a black 350z with 50 miles. On that Friday NIGHT, I went to the dealer and purchased the car. I did not have a chance to look at the car and to test drive the car, because I trusted them.It was almost 8:30 pm, I was so tired to do anything, so I just gave them the money and took the car. Next day, I drove my z for a test drive, suddenly I heard some cracking sound from the piece on the driver side window and I went back to the dealer and asked them to fix it. They told me that I had to wait for a week to get the part, then I waited, Later I found out the rear windshield washer was not working , then I went back to the dealer who fixed the washer in an hour.

Today, I went back to the dealer to fix the problems. Yes , they did fix the problems, but they could never fix my feelings about my z and their dealership.

I understood those were not major problems, but somehow it changed my feelings about nissan.

I know that Nissan 350z is a good car, I am just having a bad luck . That is it.
Old 10-21-2003, 04:03 PM
Yan

Hi everyone again,

Yes, I have no experience for racing cars and do not know anything about sporty cars.

How many miles do I drive to break in the engine ( my z has 800 miles now)? What should I do to take care of my car? i am going to bring my car to a aftermarket shop for a test drive. I do not trust my dealer anymore
Old 10-21-2003, 04:09 PM
Yan

I am sorry me again,
What is the limit of rpm when I step on the gas from zero mph? because when I step on the gas little bit over 2500rmp, I hear some strange noise from the engine. Is it normal?
Old 10-21-2003, 04:12 PM
KONVERTER

Hi Yan....

dont bring your car to an aftermarket shop.. they will mess it up...

go on an open road or a big diserted parking lot... and then FLOOR IT.. push that accelerator to the ground! be prepared to lift off it and hit the break!

2 stories for you...

First one...

The dealer I bought my car from I would never walk into again... Infact I drive my car 50 miles for service now... I wish I bought myc ar from the other dealership... but thats how things work out...

other story...

the last car i bought i wanted a certain way... they found one at a dealership 100 miles away... i did all the paper work etc.. just waited to take delivery.. they drove it over that night and i went to pick it up the next day.. before i signed papers to take delivery they INSISTED i walked around the car and made sure everything was good and INSISTED i test drove the car...

then they let me sign the papers to take delivery...
Old 10-21-2003, 04:14 PM
KONVERTER

Originally posted by Yan
I am sorry me again,
What is the limit of rpm when I step on the gas from zero mph? because when I step on the gas little bit over 2500rmp, I hear some strange noise from the engine. Is it normal?
its a sports car.. so even stock it will get loud.. you shouldnt hear clicking / thumping or anything like that (unless your wheels are hopping and VDC is kicking in)...

around 1000 RPM and below.. thats your idle RPM...

between 1000-2000 rpm.. low noise... not much force...

2000-3000 rpm.. car starts to show some power...

3000-4000 rpm... car pulls and you start to feel acceleration...

4000-6750 rpm... hold on to your hats and glasses folks, cuz this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness!

you have an auto matic.. dont be afraid of pushing the RPM's too fast... it will shift into the next gear when they get to high automatically
Old 10-21-2003, 04:25 PM
mooch

Yan, Nissan suggests keeping rpms below 4000 during breakin. I believe Nissan also recommends a breakin period of 1200 miles. Some may disagree with those recommendations but I prefer to play it safe. If your english is good enough to understand the owners manual you should read through it.

Quick Reply: I just bought my Z, but I am very disappointed