Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Went to the Dealer..............

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 02:36 AM
CarEnthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you all dont mind how much did you get your enthusiasts for and has the price gone up or down in 04'?
Old 10-23-2003, 04:02 AM
Gendo Ikari

Got my Performance model from Browns Nissan Fairfax over a year ago for MSRP. 30K after tax/tags/freight sounds about MSRP to me for an Enthusiast. Also...6 months is how long I waited for mine, because they ordered/built it to my specifications rather than trying to find a match somewhere and have it shipped over here. Whichever dealer that was, I don't think they were really BSing you man.
Old 10-23-2003, 06:51 AM
kbomb

I was also looking at enthusiast but it was hard to find one w/o all the options that made the car in the Performance price range..
Keep looking and use Carmax as bargainning tool. They are giving 792 off MSRP on all models. its not much but something.

I don't like DARCARS and Passport because they tried mixing numbers on me.

Check this thread out: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34663
Old 10-23-2003, 07:09 AM
IMAZLPR

lol, im sure that he meant hard to find car is the Z, not the Enthusiast. b/c in my area, once the Zs are in, they're gone days later. mine was ordering, SS Track.

Last edited by IMAZLPR; 10-23-2003 at 07:12 AM.
Old 10-23-2003, 02:37 PM
CarEnthusiast

man, i love this forum everyone is soo helpful. thanks for your support still searching.
Old 10-23-2003, 04:13 PM
Randy

Picked up a 2004 touring, 6 sm, and a few goodies. Leasing for 39 months w/12k per year $475 including tax. I'm in S Fla.

If you need name let me know.
Old 10-23-2003, 07:20 PM
CarEnthusiast

The thing is i am buying this but thank you for posting. My friend has a Z same model i want and he got it for 27000 last year so prices have gone up correct?
Old 10-28-2003, 06:40 PM
lowtempo

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking 2004 Enthus - sweet deal

I just picked up my 2004 Enthus. with sideairbags/headcurtains, areo package and kick plates for 29K , the MSRP was 31,190.

I think its a very good deal , it had 33 miles on it.

I think the reason for the great price is because, I ordered a normal enthus. mode w/o opetions and waited a few weeks for them to find one for me. They got word that I looking around and finally got off their butts and decided to look for a car for me. While I was waiting, I did so much internet research and calling around. I knew what every deal around my area had and how much they wanted for their z's. I also knew, if they had sold any 350z during that time.

They found a loaded enthus. model in so. cal and trucked it up hear. They thought that I would would happly pay for the extra options, but I wouldn't budge during the pricing. They gave me the "i don't want to see missout on this nice car" deal. I told them that I was financed through my credit union for a certain amount and that any thing over was out of my pocket. I then pulled mypockets inside out and told them that I was really broke.

Then negotiations continued and then it came down to the fees. I asked them for an explination for every fee theat they were going to charge me and to repeat it if it didn't make sense. If they tried to pull the "deal prep fee", I told them that nissan paid them for that and they shouldn't charge me.

They tried to keep me in a small office for while , i guess to make me nervous or somthing, luckly I wrote down everything the dealer promissed me and read it back whenever they tried to change the numbers (price) on me.

The sales person called in his mgr. to try to intimidate me...then I got tired ot it and said, that I just want my deposit back.. They said , that the color that I wanted was no where to be found in my area, but that was 'bull' because I knew that their competitor had one and I just talked to another dealer with one but different color. I said, " I'm just going to have to wait a little longer or consider another color" . They tried to make it seem as though this is the last year that 350z would be in production, I told them that there is always 2004 and they would have a harder time selling the 2004 350z once the other car manufactures have their 2004 stock. I was starting to get sick of playing the game and offered additional $100 "take it or leave it" and then i contionued with, "if you leave it, please give me my depoit back", I handed them my credit card to show them that I was serious, and that I was going accross town continue looking for a car at another dealer..... They sold it to me!!!!!

This is my first time buying a new car, but after reading other posts here..before buying I really got a sense of the games that go on during the car buying process.

My suggestion to those that are looking to buy, stick to your budget and do you research. The dealers have to make money too, but it your call on how much they should get from you.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:19 PM
dchengmd

Wow, you did a great job making it your deal and not the dealer's. Nicely done.

If only more people did their research and stuck to their guns like you did, the auto sales business would be very different today.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:59 PM
mxpx_8

If you are still getting jerked around send me a PM. I can help you out. Especally if you are looking for an '04 Silverstone ENTHU man or auto.... I am in good with a dealership here. I am sure they can ship to you. I cant explain the details but PM me if interested.
Old 10-29-2003, 04:26 AM
MSCHOEN2U

Finding an honest dealer today would be like finding gold in your back yard, what are the odds, Twice this year I have dealings with the same Nissan dealership in my area. Now Nissan wants me to fill out their new car questioneer,
Old 10-29-2003, 10:48 AM
CarEnthusiast

Originally posted by mxpx_8
If you are still getting jerked around send me a PM. I can help you out. Especally if you are looking for an '04 Silverstone ENTHU man or auto.... I am in good with a dealership here. I am sure they can ship to you. I cant explain the details but PM me if interested.
yor've got a PM

Thanks

P.S. VA dealers are gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Old 10-29-2003, 12:42 PM
kbomb

I know you've been waiting to get the car but just be patient man...I think to find the car you want in this area, you have to do leg work and go/call to every dealership and get quotes. Just like the thread above,,,know your budget and exact price of car and legit options.