Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Souther States Nissan of Apex, North Carolina

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 12:36 PM
TommyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Southern States Nissan of Apex, North Carolina

Anybody have any experience with this dealership? I need to get some maintenance and warranty work done soon, and I was wondering if anybody here has had any positive/negative experiences with them. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited by TommyZ; 10-23-2003 at 06:37 AM.
Old 10-23-2003, 11:44 AM
CactusBob

A while back I had posted asking about the dealership in general and had some responses saying not to use their service department, but I never received any real specifics as to why not. I have had Z on order from them since August 2nd (and I still don't know when it will be here) and plan on trying them out on the service of my car. If you happen to try them and have any experience to post, I'd like to hear it.

I hope their service department isn't as slow as their sales department.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:15 PM
TommyZ

I went there today just to get the 3750 mile check up. I wasn't there for that long, but they seemed very nice. I told them I had the window grease problem and they were very eager to set up an appointment for me to come in and get that fixed.
Old 10-24-2003, 03:52 AM
CactusBob

Well that sounds promising. I hope they do the work to your satisfaction. If you do get the window grease problem done there, would you mind posting a followup with your experience?

Thanks!
Old 10-24-2003, 04:31 AM
mcclaskz

I would only go to MJ Nissan in Durham. They are very mod friendly and a great bunch of guys. Jeremy Shaw is the service manager and has always taken great care of us Zs. I have sent most of the people from the triangle to them. Personally, I drive from Wilmington to get my car serviced there.
Old 10-24-2003, 06:18 AM
andycapp

I take my wife's Xterra there for service (since its less than 1 mile from my house) and they are OK, but they are always trying to sell me some service I don't really need. Last time they told me if I didn't have my 30k miles services done there I could void my warranty. I told them that wasn't true and they knew it, so they quickly shutup. All of that is understandable since I'm sure the service people are really sales people and work on commission. I orderd a Z from a different dealership though since they refused to sell me a car at anything but MSRP. In fact no dealerships in the "Triangle" seemed willing to deal, so I looked elsewhere. Overally I would say they aren't too bad though. The geographic convenience really makes them the ideal choice for me.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:10 AM
ravaz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go to MJ in Durham. Don't go to SS in Apex. Honestly, they just suck. I bought a car from there once, forget it they ended up taking it back cuz they are shady. I took my Z there for servicing, and they were ready to void my warranty because I changed my own oil etc. Bunch of idiots there go to MJ in Durham. Check out Central Carolina if you ever want to buy a car, they are straight up over there.

Just my opinion and experience.

Bill
Old 10-24-2003, 07:23 AM
TommyZ

ravaz- thats weird, because I told them I changed my own oil too. all they said was to make sure I use a nissan filter, and to keep all my receipts just in case.

andycapp/mcclaskz- thanks for the advice. I have heard only good things about mj, and only bad things about southern states. i may just start taking my Z to mj...not that far of a drive for me. btw, have either of you asked jeremy shaw about aftermarket grounding kits and how they affect the warranty?

Last edited by TommyZ; 10-24-2003 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-24-2003, 05:06 PM
MyZ4U2C

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I live in Cary...just bought my 350Z this week from Superior Nissan in Charlotte. Anyway, i'll be taking my car to SS in Apex to have it serviced. How much does an oil change from the dealer cost?
Old 10-24-2003, 07:43 PM
ravaz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oil change is like 25 bucks.

I guess it depends on the service advisor you get, some are dumb as rocks lol.