Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my 360z

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 05:35 PM
mohsinmomin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 360z

whats up, you guys must think this is crazy, but its true, i was on the highway today going to the mall in my 350z, there was a thunderstorm today in town and while i was driving to the mall, I was switching lanes and my car started slipping crazy. I dont know what went wrong with the traction, but the car slipped right and then left I was luckily in the left lane and there was a shoulder, i was slipping on the left lane, going sideways on the highway, i looked to my right and all i saw was headlights. Luckily behind me was my friend in his g35 coupe, he slowed the traffic down so that no1 hit my car, me and my car are fine, but im going to take it 2 the dealer, whats up with the traction, it didn't come into play at all. Hopefully nothing else went wrong, such as suspension etc. so i did a 360 with my 350.
Old 10-25-2003, 05:52 PM
Beamm

hrmm.....360z

Glad to hear you're ok

Also on the new car market, along with the 360z, happens to be the GT-R Eclipse GS. I saw one on US-1 between Pinecrest and South Miami. Badass huh...I wonder what would happen in a race between the GT-R Eclipse and the 360z?? :P
Old 10-25-2003, 06:23 PM
SteveZzz

Sounds like you hydroplaned. I did the same thing once in Grand Am I used to have, did a slow 360 on the freeway and ended up looking at oncoming traffic. I bounced off the center guardrail and slid across all four lanes of traffic without hitting anybody. I ended up in the median, and was able to drive away after I stopped shaking!!

No traction control, etc. can really do much good in a bad case of hydroplaning.
Old 10-25-2003, 08:08 PM
jrreed350togo

Hydroplaning.....just another reason to keep my Z inside on rainy days.
Old 10-25-2003, 08:15 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

245s aint the best for wet weather, or snow... and in the case of the stockers your best to keep it inside when its below 90degrees or theres a cloud in the sky.

what model do you have? VDC should have atleast attmepted to correct the spin, TCS would have known something is wrong, but it wouldnt have helped.

also something Ive thought about, when hydroplaning its not good to hit the brakes. which is exactly what the VDC wants to do. could cause some problems perhaps.
Old 10-25-2003, 08:19 PM
jgraeb01

Originally posted by Beamm
hrmm.....360z

Glad to hear you're ok

Also on the new car market, along with the 360z, happens to be the GT-R Eclipse GS. I saw one on US-1 between Pinecrest and South Miami. Badass huh...I wonder what would happen in a race between the GT-R Eclipse and the 360z?? :P
Hey, this is really close to my neighborhood ... where'd you pick your car up at? What dealer?
Old 10-25-2003, 08:20 PM
jgraeb01

Default Re: my 360z

Originally posted by mohsinmomin
whats up, you guys must think this is crazy, but its true, i was on the highway today going to the mall in my 350z, there was a thunderstorm today in town and while i was driving to the mall, I was switching lanes and my car started slipping crazy. I dont know what went wrong with the traction, but the car slipped right and then left I was luckily in the left lane and there was a shoulder, i was slipping on the left lane, going sideways on the highway, i looked to my right and all i saw was headlights. Luckily behind me was my friend in his g35 coupe, he slowed the traffic down so that no1 hit my car, me and my car are fine, but im going to take it 2 the dealer, whats up with the traction, it didn't come into play at all. Hopefully nothing else went wrong, such as suspension etc. so i did a 360 with my 350.
Glad yer okay!! Curious though ... how fast were you going ?