Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Who has removed their stock spoiler, for the "spoilerless" look?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 10:08 PM
orhanz33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has removed their stock spoiler, for the "spoilerless" look?

i searched and found out that their are 4 holes + a lot of 3m tape underneath the stock spoiler....i really wanna get rid of mine, but don't really like most of the spoilers that are out...i would really appreciate pics of someone's (if anyone has done it) hatch to see how the former "holes" now look, and if the paint looks differect after the spoiler was removed....i'm nervous of how the paint looks under their, and don't wanna regret taking it off....i took off my rear mudflaps, and had noticed an "outline" of them on my old bumper (before i got rear ended and had a new bumper put on)
Old 10-26-2003, 10:47 PM
rands

how about switching hatch doors with someone who wants the stock spoiler and doesn't currently have one? they'd have to have the same color, obviously.
Old 10-26-2003, 11:30 PM
Z8M

Originally posted by rands
how about switching hatch doors with someone who wants the stock spoiler and doesn't currently have one? they'd have to have the same color, obviously.
I'd switch mine. Do you have a Brickyard?
Old 10-27-2003, 12:58 PM
orhanz33

that sounds crazy, but just might work....but let's say something went wrong, rear window defrost wasn't working, or the wiper didn't work or something, if i went to the dealer for warranty work could they tell it's not the original hatch? i'm also worried about rattles, anyone try this?
Old 10-27-2003, 01:14 PM
Conceyted

there are actually 2 holes about 1/8" wide each and the entire spoiler is surrounded with 3m doublesided tape. heat the ***** up and take that pos off
Old 10-27-2003, 05:52 PM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default rear hatch

Originally posted by durobred
that sounds crazy, but just might work....but let's say something went wrong, rear window defrost wasn't working, or the wiper didn't work or something, if i went to the dealer for warranty work could they tell it's not the original hatch? i'm also worried about rattles, anyone try this?
I can only think of 2 ways they could tell.

1) If they thought of it, they could probably check the VIN and see that it came with a spoiler. But why on earth would they check that?

2) If you had the glass etched with the VIN, you would now have one that didn't match. But again... why would they check it?

I wouldn't worry about them checking for a swapped hatch. If they say the car was supposed to have a spoiler you can just get mad that you didn't get the spoiler you paid for! Then tell them you want your spoiler and sell it on eBay! (just kidding)
Old 10-27-2003, 08:00 PM
crashx

That's actually what I was wanting to do. Another guy on the forum wanted his SS spoiler-less. I want a spoiler. We were working on both driving about 6 hours to meet half way to make the switch. He decided not to do it for now, but I would definetly want to trade with someone who wanted to go spoiler-less. That way I get OEM equipment and neither of us have to get anything painted. Seems like the best way to go to me.