Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350Z CRASH TEST: Official NHTSA Crash test Video & Stats !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 09:49 AM
jedoublery

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, let me put it this way.
If the Z gets a 4 star or even a 3 star, and the RX-8 (or the other car that you were considering when buying your Z) gets a 5 star....

Would that make a difference in your purchase?

There is a Roadster section, engine section, body kits section, wheels section, racing section.
But where is the SAFETY section on the forum???

All I said was that it was good to know the fact that the Z is a pretty safe car, but it's kind of a waste to see the Z being crashed for "testing" purpose, rather than "development" purpose.

Last edited by jedoublery; 10-28-2003 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:43 PM
neur0sis

Originally posted by jedoublery
If the Z gets a 4 star or even a 3 star, and the RX-8 (or the other car that you were considering when buying your Z) gets a 5 star....

There is a Roadster section, engine section, body kits section, wheels section, racing section.

All I said was that it was good to know the fact that the Z is a pretty safe car, but it's kind of a waste to see the Z being crashed for "testing" purpose, rather than "development" purpose.
Uhm... you do no that they crash EVERY kind of car, right? Thats the business of the Test Agency.

And to answer your question... no, I wouldn't buy the RX8 ... but If I was going to consider the Z and found out it had a 1 STAR rating (or something really crappy) ... it would probabally sway my decision.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:52 PM
WashUJon

How can it possibly be a waste to crash test a car???

Here's some advantages:

1) a good result keeps insurance down
2) a good result brings more buyers
3) a good result gives current owners piece of mind
4) a bad result puts the manufacturer on its toes
5) a bad result dissuades buyers
6) a bad result lets current owners know their lives may be in danger

The list goes on and on...

(BTW, we don't need a safety forum because we drive one of the safest cars on the road, but I guess you've heard that. )

Last edited by WashUJon; 10-28-2003 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-28-2003, 02:32 PM
Pit Bull

Originally posted by jedoublery

If that is a picture of you on that motorcycle then you are not able to relate to most of the people over 19 that know they are mortal. I doubt you cared one way or another if it got a 1 crash rating, keep riding that bike and your attitude will change. Had a friend that got hit by a Nunn riding his bike. The Church gave him $100,000 for the missing leg. I like 5 stars.
Old 10-28-2003, 03:23 PM
spextar

it doesn't look like the link was directly to NHTSA site. Something like dayudie.com? So, the numbers (stars) could be made up!

If the numbers are correct, what about all the Z roll-over problems lot of the members had?
Old 10-28-2003, 03:36 PM
EL Diablo

it doesn't look like the link was directly to NHTSA site. Something like dayudie.com? So, the numbers (stars) could be made up!
If the numbers are correct, what about all the Z roll-over problems lot of the members had?

Hmmmmmmmmm.... Your right it's not a direct link to the NHTSA site. And it's not something like dayudie.com it is DAYUDIE.com. thats my website and thats were I post my stuff. Trust me it's real data. For the skeptics here is the actual link. http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/NCAP/Cars/2502.html
Old 10-29-2003, 09:18 AM
jedoublery

Uhm... you do no that they crash EVERY kind of car, right? Thats the business of the Test Agency.

Yes, I know what NHTSA does.

Here's some advantages:
1) a good result keeps insurance down
2) a good result brings more buyers
3) a good result gives current owners piece of mind
4) a bad result puts the manufacturer on its toes
5) a bad result dissuades buyers
6) a bad result lets current owners know their lives may be in danger

I am aware of the advantages, all I said was that it's sad to see a nice looking Z go to waste.....
Maybe saying that "no one cares" about safety is an overstatement, what I mean was that for Z buyers, it's not "as important" as someone who is out there buying a minivan for the family .
Also, I would have to disagree with you on the reason that there is no safety forum.......I believe (personally) it's because there isn't as much interest on that topic when it comes to a sports car like this.

If that is a picture of you on that motorcycle then you are not able to relate to most of the people over 19 that know they are mortal. I doubt you cared one way or another if it got a 1 crash rating, keep riding that bike and your attitude will change. Had a friend that got hit by a Nunn riding his bike. The Church gave him $100,000 for the missing leg. I like 5 stars.

Ok now, that's not nice and unnecessary to say things like that. Everyone is different when it comes to how much risk one wants to take in life. My grand mom would look at you and tell you that you're a moron for driving your sports car at at 75mph. You don't have to agree with me, but don't say $hit like "keep riding that bike and your attitude will change".
Once again, all I said that safety was not an issue when I was buying my Z, and it hurts my feelings to see a Z being crashed
Yeah, that's me on the R1, check out my website under the picture. Enjoy.
Old 10-29-2003, 10:43 AM
Danimsta

why did it have to be a le mans

why couldnt it be chrome silver or some other bland color lol jk guys!!!
Old 10-29-2003, 10:59 AM
SweatyPalm

[i]Originally posted by jedoublery

I am aware of the advantages, all I said was that it's sad to see a nice looking Z go to waste.....
Maybe saying that "no one cares" about safety is an overstatement, what I mean was that for Z buyers, it's not "as important" as someone who is out there buying a minivan for the family .
Also, I would have to disagree with you on the reason that there is no safety forum.......I believe (personally) it's because there isn't as much interest on that topic when it comes to a sports car like this.

Once again, all I said that safety was not an issue when I was buying my Z, and it hurts my feelings to see a Z being crashed
Yeah, that's me on the R1, check out my website under the picture. Enjoy. [/B]
OMG...I bet you're very young. "It's sad to see a nice looking Z go to waste" & "no one cares about safety when it comes to sports car like this" ...WTF was that? Do we not have flesh and blood? You pay so much for the car and you better wish they do the crash tests properly. If they find any problems, Nissan should recall the cars. So you bought the Z, does that mean you also signed the "ready to die" agreement? Bunch of BS.

Last edited by SweatyPalm; 10-29-2003 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10-29-2003, 11:30 AM
jedoublery

??? when did I ever say "it's NICE to see a nice looking Z go to waste" ???

Last edited by jedoublery; 10-29-2003 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10-29-2003, 12:41 PM
NissanCar

Play back the video in slow-motion:

Windows Media Player: Ctrl+Shift+S

NissanCar