Buyer Beware!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 07:49 AM
SV1098

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Buyer Beware!

Guys,
Hopefully this was posted in the right spot:
On February 28th I purchased a Chargespeed bumper from Strafe Automotive (on this forum) for 767.00. After sending the money that day, I was told the followig day that there sale is no longer valid. I could have my money back or send them more money. I sent an additional 190.00 to them.
The bumber arrived on March 15th. After close inspection there was no damage to the bumper when it was shipped.
NOW:
The car was dropped off at my shop for fitment and paint. I was called that day from my shop and was told that the fitment on this bumper was way off! It was pushing on the light and wouldnt line up to the fender! They sent me numerous photos of the fitment issues.
I than sent this information over to Strafe. My answer from Robert there: I will send this to Chargespeed. After emailing back and forth: My answer from Strafe: Take it up with Chargespeed!
My car has never been in any accident, incident or anything that would hamper the fitment. After all is said and done. Strafe sends me a disclaimer 4 weeks after a purchase saying that purchasing body parts is "as is". They will not reimburse, refund or exchange merchandise! Even after the 20 pictures that were took and sent to them, they still refuse to do anything but tell me to call Chargespeed! The best was when Lawrence the CEO of Strafe (what a joke) sends me there disclaimer regarding the sale of body parts! Maybe 4 weeks to late!!! Show someone a disclaimer before they make a purchase or advertise it on your posting!
As for myself: I would never purchase another item from this company nor anyone that they might be affiliated with.

Last edited by SV1098; 03-25-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:58 AM
JEKL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought Strafe only sold knock offs?
Old 03-25-2010, 08:02 AM
SV1098

Ask them? I was told this is authentic Chargespeed. I asked this same question to them over and over. My shop said its genuine, but the fitment is horrible. They said knock off's are 350--and I should have saved my money since both fit terrible. It has the logo in the weeve as well as the Chargespeed plate on it. I've purchased Chargespeed before on my WRX, and never had a single issue. I also made these purchases through a reputable company
Old 03-25-2010, 08:08 AM
JEKL

Now I know two things about Strafe:
  • Strafe steals images from other vendors without their permission and tries to pass them off as their own
  • Strafe doesn't stand behind the products they sell

Old 03-25-2010, 08:30 AM
Sales@Strafe
Vendor - Former Vendor

In response to the opening post.

You left out many details, infact with the amount of emails and correspondence we have had its sad to see that you left out as much as you did.

1. here is my reply to your first email verbatim:

Hey Vincent,

I spoke to George at Chargespeed, (310) 885-5788

He told me that the bumper is designed to bolt up 100% to oem specifications, and that the fitment error is due to either a collision or some other type of frame damage.

He has sold over 80 of those bumpers and each one has bolted up like the stock bumper and never had a fitment issue.

If you would like, give him a call.
you then respond with:

So what your saying is I'm screwed? I will personally make sure that nobody on the forums purchase another thing from you! Would you like to run my VIN number to see if it has ever been in an accident? The fitment on this bumper is pure garbage! If you don't stick by what you sell, than Others need to know. I didn't purchase this product from Chargespeed, I purchased it from you!
which is a clear and open threat to my business.

i then respond with:

Woah, I never said your screwed, I just said to call chargespeed. I called him and he said that the bumper has never had a complaint about fitment.

If in fact this is a garbage bumper, rest assured you will be taken care of.

Never once did I say I was going to screw you over.
and in return you respond with:

Robert,
Not much more I can do. I had the shop tell me this is no better than the knock off bumper. If they attempt to force it to fit, it will surely crack or damage my paint or headlights. If by me calling Chargespeed is going to end this. I will call them first thing in the morning (PST)
after which I forward to lawrence the CEO of Strafe Automotive LLC and you two began to communicate.

now tell me this Sean.

Everytime you called me, I answered.
Everytime you emailed me, I responded within minutes.
Everytime you had an issue I tried to resolve it, as I am with this.

As for the sale part:
On February 28th I purchased a Chargespeed bumper from Strafe Automotive (on this forum) for 767.00. After sending the money that day, I was told the followig day that there sale is no longer valid. I could have my money back or send them more money. I sent an additional 190.00 to them.
The bumber arrived on March 15th. After close inspection there was no damage to the bumper when it was shipped.
ChargeSpeed had a February Moving Sale, you sent the money after the sale was over and I offered you a full refund or to pay the difference for the normal purchasing price.

The bumper arrived shipped and insured with no damage.

I state a simple fact that ChargeSpeed has never heard of a single fitment issue with their bumper which they openly admit to have sold many of these and NOT ONE COMPLAINT.

The fact that you put me on blast before even contacting them like you said is something to question in itself.

And JEKL, I am sorry for using public images in one of my posts, I did not know it would cause such a negative effect towards my business.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:31 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

edited, nevermind. need to post the whole story if you are going to make a complaint. little early to jump down his throat and make assumptions if communication is still open and he's trying to work with you.

Last edited by Entaille; 03-25-2010 at 08:33 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:31 AM
SV1098

All I asked was 2 things! 1)Send me my money back and take back your defective product.
2) send me the proper merchandise I paid $957.00 for
Wait: Strafe will send you a disclaimer saying that they are not responsible for body work or Exterior merchandise. GREAT!! Make sure they send it before you make a purchase, not 1 month after you made the purchase.
All I can say is: I'm disgusted!
Old 03-25-2010, 08:32 AM
SV1098

If you would like to flame all the emails that went back in forth--Just say so! You posted a price that you didnt stand by, nor do you stand by the product you sell! I now will post photos of your product!
Old 03-25-2010, 08:33 AM
StrafeAuto
Vendor - Former Vendor

We understand like we told you in numerous emails. We also told you and any company who sells authentic or replica that fitment isn't 100% with fiberglass. We called Chargespeed and told them your issue. You were given George"s email and number. We also told you that we stand by Chargespeeds warranty and if they issue one or feel your are entitled you would get a refund from them and Not Strafe. You bought a ChargeSpeed product from us, we bought it directly from Chargespeed.
Strafe stands behind OUR Products which is called StrafeSpeed. We stand by other companies products and their warranties.
As far as disclaimer or invoice you never asked for it and we provided it promptly.
Your claim you had 4 show cars and NEVER had a fitment issue We find hard to believe. The 3 owners of Strafe also highly mod our personal cars and show them also.
Vincent, Robert called Chargespeed in your behalf and tried to find out what happened. Robert got the answer from Chargespeed and provided it to you. We also told you we would send all emails to Chargespeed to see what they can do for you. We also told you it is up to them.
You threatened us, messaged mods on here. Tried to do a PayPAl dispute(which you lost) and now this thread.
You purchase a Authentic Chargespeed Bumper, We purchased it from ChargeSpeed 100% fitment can not be warrantied with Fiberglass Products. There was no damage to shipping and the bumper was prepped before fitment.

We don't mind you bringing it to us here and trashing us. We do have plenty of customers who like our company and we have had our companies give refunds on their products.

We also told you at the time of sale Chargespeed stopped their sale and your item went to full price. we also told you to ask Chargespeed to confirm. Where have we hid or ducked anything we have been upfront. Sorry if your not happy but Strafe did nothing wrong.

We told you this in Emails.

Last edited by StrafeAuto; 03-25-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:33 AM
Sales@Strafe
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SV1098
All I asked was 2 things! 1)Send me my money back and take back your defective product.
2) send me the proper merchandise I paid $957.00 for
Wait: Strafe will send you a disclaimer saying that they are not responsible for body work or Exterior merchandise. GREAT!! Make sure they send it before you make a purchase, not 1 month after you made the purchase.
All I can say is: I'm disgusted!

I sent you an AUTHENTIC ChargeSpeed Version 2 Front Bumper, I have not even heard of a replica for that bumper.

I sent you the Correct merchandise and even have your bumper invoiced and paid for at ChargeSpeed USA/Versus Motorsport.

You can even call ChargeSpeed to confirm its AUTHENTIC
Old 03-25-2010, 08:35 AM
Sales@Strafe
Vendor - Former Vendor

If you would like to flame all the emails that went back in forth--Just say so! You posted a price that you didnt stand by, nor do you stand by the product you sell! I now will post photos of your product!
please do.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:36 AM
SV1098

As you can see by the photos: This will never match up without cracking my headlight or the bumper. The sides dont match up at all.
Attached Thumbnails Buyer Beware!-imag0006.jpg   Buyer Beware!-imag0007.jpg   Buyer Beware!-imag0011.jpg  

Last edited by SV1098; 03-25-2010 at 08:39 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:38 AM
Sales@Strafe
Vendor - Former Vendor

Ask them? I was told this is authentic Chargespeed. I asked this same question to them over and over. My shop said its genuine, but the fitment is horrible. They said knock off's are 350--and I should have saved my money since both fit terrible. It has the logo in the weeve as well as the Chargespeed plate on it. I've purchased Chargespeed before on my WRX, and never had a single issue. I also made these purchases through a reputable company
So even your shop agrees I sent you the correct bumper.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:38 AM
StrafeAuto
Vendor - Former Vendor

LIKE WE told you. Authentic ChargeSpeed is not OUR Product. We broker their product and never claim it was a STRAFE Product. We stand by their warranties.

So basically your thread should read CHARGESPEED Product PURCHASED from Strafe.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:40 AM
StrafeAuto
Vendor - Former Vendor

Installation of Aerodynamics

All aerodynamics are manufactured with 100% fiberglass. Due to the material used in production, the body kits will NOT be a direct bolt-on. These body kits may require prepping, sanding, shaving, filling gaps, or other extensive body work. These modifications may include removal or cutting of the reinforcement bars. By complying with our policies, customer understands the procedure and possible difficulty in installing the body kit. We HIGHLY recommend that a professional body shop with fiberglass body kit experience perform the installation. Refunds will not be issued due to poor fitment of the body kit. If fitment is off by extreme margins, a refund will be considered.

Trademarks
All brand, product, service, and process names appearing on this Web site are trademarks of their respective holders. Reference to or use of a product, service, or process does not imply recommendation, approval, affiliation, or sponsorship of that product, service, or process by STRAFE AUTOMOTIVE. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppels, or otherwise any license or right under any patent, copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right of STRAFE AUTOMOTIVE or any third party, except as expressly granted herein.

All products sold by Strafe Automotive.com are sold “as is” to the customer. Strafe Automotive.com does NOT offer warranty on any of the products sold. If warranty is offered by the manufacturer, warranty documentation will be sent with the product. All products sold by Strafe Automotive.com are aftermarket products and are intended for off-road or show use only. Strafe Automotive.com is not liable for any damages or injury as a result of these products. Due to strict regulations by the Department of Transportation, some of these products are not approved for street/highway use. Removal of reinforcements, bumpers, turn signals, and other safety equipment on the vehicle is the responsibility of the buyer. Strafe Automotive.com will not be responsible for your own actions
U.S.A.

VERSUS MOTORSPORT
1201 West Artesia Blvd., Compton, CA 90220 U.S.A.
+1-310-885-5788/tel
+1-310-885-5988/fax
George@VersusMotorSport.com

Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 8:24 PM
To: lawrence@strafeautomotive.com
Subject: Re: Chargespeed

Excuse me.. Who said the body shop chipped this bumper? It was primed and ready to be painted. They checked it for fitment and it fits like crap! The gaps are so bad you can stick your thumb in them! Some spots are so tight you could never attempt to force it on!
You, trying to pass the buck off to chargepeed via an email to me is borderline pathetic! If I buy something from a vendor or store--THEY are solely responsible for the product they sell. There is no disclaimer whatsoever on anything I received from you. Before or after the purchase of this bumper.
I've built 4 show cars with the individuals who are attempting to fit this bumper. I have NEVER had an issue with authentic Japanese parts before. There is never any MODIFICATIONS needed to fit a bumper. What would you like them to do? Shave down the fiberglass and build up one side with glass?
As far as your customer service goes:
You posted a price to me on the forums. I paid--you than told me the discount ended and I could have my money back or pay more for the bumper! I sent more money!! I than waited just about 2 weeks for it to be shipped out. I asked if this item was in stock before I even made the purchase. I never complained one bit.
As of now, If you are not standing by your product: I will deal with Chargespeed direct and seek legal action against you and your company for faulty merchandise. Maybe a 1,000.00 doesn't mean much to you. I work to hard for my money

Sean Vincent

In a message dated 3/24/2010 11:09:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, lawrence@strafeautomotive.com writes:
Vincent you are right u purchased an authentic chargespeed rear from us. We purchase at the time of sale from chargespeed. We are a authorized vendor of theirs. Chargespeed and Strafe sell products "as-is" and we stand by Chargespeed and their fitment. Everyone knows that with fbr it isn't a 100% OEM fitment. We do try to serve our customers as best as possible. When we ship a product all manufacturer warranties and disclaimers are in effect and to include Strafe Automotive's own disclaimers. The Product you received is Authentic and not a "knock off".
Some modifications might be needed for fitment. The fact that the body shop chipped the bumper is not anything Strafe did.
Robert's customer service to you to try and help you is very much in line with what we strive to provide. He has called Chargespeed.provided you with their answer and has given your their contact info. We understand your upset but to threaten to put him on Blast on the forum isn't right. You have the right to do so as you wish, but we have the proof you weren't screwed by Strafe. Robert will try to help you as much as he can but we will stand by Chargespeed warranties and Strafe's policies. We won't succumb to threats or bullish attempts to discredit us. Hopefully you get resolve with Chargespeed or your body shop can make things fit better. Robert is and has done his best to give you service.
Very Respectfully
Lawrence Flinton
CEO STRAFE AUTOMOTIVE

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Old 03-25-2010, 08:43 AM
SV1098

Originally Posted by StrafeAuto
LIKE WE told you. Authentic ChargeSpeed is not OUR Product. We broker their product and never claim it was a STRAFE Product. We stand by their warranties.

So basically your thread should read CHARGESPEED Product PURCHASED from Strafe.
Im going to end this he said she said!
The bottom line is, you dont stand by what you sell! I dont care if it was a back of coal. If what you sell is not correct or the consumer is not happy with what they purchased! REFUND THERE MONEY!
You make all these claims and disclaimers 1 month after you sell something?
My guys told me it genuine Chargespeed that does NOT fit! They told me the knock off fits just as good or if not better than what I paid 1,000 dollars for.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:44 AM
SV1098

If you want me to post all your BS--just say the word! My photos speak volume! Your product does not fit! Your product is defective. The money was sent to you! NOT Chargespeed!
Old 03-25-2010, 08:45 AM
Sales@Strafe
Vendor - Former Vendor

Im going to end this he said she said!
The bottom line is, you dont stand by what you sell! I dont care if it was a back of coal. If what you sell is not correct or the consumer is not happy with what they purchased! REFUND THERE MONEY!
You make all these claims and disclaimers 1 month after you sell something?
My guys told me it genuine Chargespeed that does NOT fit! They told me the knock off fits just as good or if not better than what I paid 1,000 dollars for.
I have not heard of one company that makes a ChargeSpeed Version 2 Replica front.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:46 AM
Sales@Strafe
Vendor - Former Vendor

If you want me to post all your BS--just say the word! My photos speak volume! Your product does not fit! Your product is defective. The money was sent to you! NOT Chargespeed!
It is a ChargeSpeed bumper that was sold by us.

How is it OUR product?
Old 03-25-2010, 08:46 AM
blue350zed

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I think you should call George at Chargespeed. Seems as though Strafe has done everything they can.

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware!