Sales@Strafe
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you contacted George yet?

We will stand by what ChargeSpeed said.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:53 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

tricky scenario. strafe likely does not want to incur extra shipping costs or restocking fees from charge speed. on one hand the vendor support seems pretty weak, but on another hand, this is a lose lose situation for them.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:54 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by blue350zed
I think you should call George at Chargespeed. Seems as though Strafe has done everything they can.
Or take yourself to another Body Shop. Of course things should line up perfectly in a perfect world but the bottom line is they don't. Some kits fit better than others. Point being if ur stuck with the bumper a really good Body guy will make that fit. In NJ there alot of good shops which make can make things work. Good Luck either way..
Old 03-25-2010, 08:56 AM
SV1098

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

George is not in yet. My shop is one of the best in th earea for Japanese cars. We've built numerous show cars. They have a body shop as well as a speed shop. This is not there doing. This is an issue with the item that was purchased.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:03 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,291 Likes on 1,651 Posts

Originally Posted by SV1098
If you want me to post all your BS--just say the word! My photos speak volume! Your product does not fit! Your product is defective. The money was sent to you! NOT Chargespeed!
Just incase you havn't gotten the MEMO, quit being an asshat and call chargespeed.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:07 AM
tylerxfire

id have to say i do agree with the buyer in a sense...and that this is very weak vendor support and i will not purchase from strafe seeing the customer support..It is a shame it is a he said she said game like there is a couple kids sitting behind the computer and not a business like approach that i have seen..At the end of the day i too would expect the vendor to take responsibility and give me a refund for a defective product they sell or a proper exchange.. I purchased my berk high flow cats a while back from a vendor on this forum and they failed, i contacted the vendor and that vendor contacted berk and took care of everything to get me a new set..I feel there is more that strafe could do to get this right..At least take the product back and refund the money and just take it like a company should for a mishap like this or exchange the bumper for another and eat the shipping charges that it seems is the worry..Or maybe the op will have to eat some shipping charges to get something back out of it idk, just doesnt really seem right that this guy is stuck with a crappy bumper and it is his problem

Last edited by tylerxfire; 03-25-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:07 AM
Highway Riding

George is not in yet. My shop is one of the best in th earea for Japanese cars. We've built numerous show cars. They have a body shop as well as a speed shop. This is not there doing. This is an issue with the item that was purchased.
Again sry to hear about ur ordeal.. I too had an issue with fitment once from a friends shop who did not to install my kit because he too felt the fitment was **** poor. Well long story short i had to go to another shop (one i always used in the past but it is a little further away by about 20 mins lol) and all "supposed" issues were fixed rather quickly. Sometimes it takes a new set of hands and eye's to get things going.
The shop i'm referring too is Motor City in Newark NJ these guys do real show cars, frame off resto's etc.. you name it.. Like i said earlier if you get stuck with the Bumper and no one will help ya it won't hurt to give them a shout. They are fiberglass pro's. Please believe me when i say this is not a plug at all. These guys just do the best auto body work in NJ-NYC area IMHO.

Manny (owner)
Mario (shop manager)
11 Ferdon Street
Newark, NJ 07105-3010
(973) 344-0102
Old 03-25-2010, 09:09 AM
cliffrlp

If you buy a Sony TV at Best Buy and it's defective within the 30 day policy...do you go to Sony or Best Buy? I mean it's not Best Buy's "product"... they just sell it.
Pretty sure we all would go to Best Buy.

So he buys something from Strafe...it's defective, he went to strafe. Either way, hope things work out for both parties.

But I +1 on a different body shop...that shiz does happen.

Last edited by cliffrlp; 03-25-2010 at 09:11 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:10 AM
SV1098

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Just incase you havn't gotten the MEMO, quit being an asshat and call chargespeed.
Anasshat? Here's someone who doesnt need to throw his 2 cents in since he has absolutely nothing viable to say.
For someone who might not understand!
You buy merchandise from a company--THEY are responsible for the product they sell. They dont pass the buck off on someone else.
Check the BBB--under buyer protection.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Sales@Strafe
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
id have to say i do agree with the buyer in a sense...and that this is very weak vendor support and i will not purchase from strafe seeing the customer support..It is a shame it is a he said she said game like there is a couple kids sitting behind the computer and not a business like approach that i have seen..At the end of the day i too would expect the vendor to take responsibility and give me a refund for a defective product they sell or a proper exchange..

Although i will say this, i purchased my berk high flow cats a while back from a vendor on this forum and they failed, i contacted the vendor and that vendor contacted berk and took care of everything to get me a new set..I feel there is more that strafe could do to get this right..At least take the product back and refund the money and just take it like a company should for a mishap like this or exchange the bumper for another and eat the shipping charges that it seems is the worry..Or maybe the op will have to eat some shipping charges to get something back out of it idk, just doesnt really seem right that this guy is stuck with a crappy bumper and it is his problem
I have no problem returning or exchanging a product if in fact it is deemed defective by ChargeSpeed.

I am in no way trying to screw him over, there is still open communication. I am trying to get this resolved.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:11 AM
SV1098

Originally Posted by Highway Riding
Again sry to hear about ur ordeal.. I too had an issue with fitment once from a friends shop who did not to install my kit because he too felt the fitment was **** poor. Well long story short i had to go to another shop (one i always used in the past but it is a little further away by about 20 mins lol) and all "supposed" issues were fixed rather quickly. Sometimes it takes a new set of hands and eye's to get things going.
The shop i'm referring too is Motor City in Newark NJ these guys do real show cars, frame off resto's etc.. you name it.. Like i said earlier if you get stuck with the Bumper and no one will help ya it won't hurt to give them a shout. They are fiberglass pro's. Please believe me when i say this is not a plug at all. These guys just do the best auto body work in NJ-NYC area IMHO.

Manny (owner)
Mario (shop manager)
11 Ferdon Street
Newark, NJ 07105-3010
(973) 344-0102
Thanks.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:14 AM
Sales@Strafe
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cliffrlp
If you buy a Sony TV at Best Buy and it's defective within the 30 day policy...do you go to Sony or Best Buy? I mean it's not Best Buy's "product"... they just sell it.
Pretty sure we all would go to Best Buy.

So he buys something from Strafe...it's defective, he went to strafe. Either way, hope things work out for both parties.

But I +1 on a different body shop...that shiz does happen.
The body shop scenario happened to me as well.

Thats why now I have all my work done at DTM Autobody, they have proven that they know how to spray and fit pretty much anything you throw at them.
SV1098

Originally Posted by Robert@Strafe
I have no problem returning or exchanging a product if in fact it is deemed defective by ChargeSpeed.

I am in no way trying to screw him over, there is still open communication. I am trying to get this resolved.
You see, I will not post the garbage that you and Lawrence your so called boss has sent.
From your boss: This subject is closed--take it up with Chargespeed.
You sell something--YOU stick by it. YOu need Chargespeed to sit down and analize the photos?
I offered my VIN number to see if there has been an accident. There is no give and take here. The only thing you did to help was give me Chargespeed's number!
tylerxfire

i understand that but really u are kind of saying u dont want to be in his position stuck with a bumper that doesnt fit and out of the money u had from the sale..Seems like u should take it back in your posession and make it right with the buyer then worry about it so it is not the buyers problem anymore
Old 03-25-2010, 09:16 AM
StrafeAuto
Vendor - Former Vendor

Vincent Like I said we stand by Chargespeed. We hear you on show cars and all. What you FAIL to understand is with fbr there can be fitment issues.
I have a G35 show car/daily Driver. Dustin the other owner has the same and Robert a highly modified Nissan sentra. We all came from the show world and understand the same products and compainies we sell. I personally have had to modify Authentic kits and bumpers. I never did what you are doing because if you look all the companies have same disclosures or fitment statements. Every car is different. Your shop shouldn't be any different in making this fit on your car. I think the real issue is you don't want to spend money to make it fit. If it was OEM then I could say it better fit 100% since it is not well make it fit and move on...

Again George has the final say in this issue we have issued you our response. Has the bumper been prepped? Sprayed? Again contact George and let's see where this goes from here as we have asked you to do since yesterday.

Funny you put us on Blast before you contacted Chargespeed. We have tried to help you but you seem to just want to blast.. Like I said you started with PAyPal today (Lost), Contacted the mods, Put us on Blast without waiting for any mods to contact us. Your flaming of us is premature without doing your part with Chargespeed. Now you expect us to bend over backwards?

I stand by my company and customer service. we make mistakes like any new company. I won't allow you to Blast us without making sure you do your part. I won't go back and forth with you anymore. I have provided you with an answer and our policy and what to do the rest is up to you.

The ball is now in your court..
Old 03-25-2010, 09:18 AM
Sales@Strafe
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
i understand that but really u are kind of saying u dont want to be in his position stuck with a bumper that doesnt fit and out of the money u had from the sale..Seems like u should take it back in your posession and make it right with the buyer then worry about it so it is not the buyers problem anymore
I understand what you are saying.

However after contacting ChargeSpeed and being told they have never had one complaint about fitment and all bumpers are made from the same mold, same material and always bolted up with excellent fitment; it seems highly unlikely that it is the bumper that is causing the fitment issue.

I have never heard of a ChargeSpeed product fitting this way. ever.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:18 AM
Highway Riding

Thanks.
good luck man.. In for the results bro.. Sux to see stuff like this happen..
Old 03-25-2010, 09:20 AM
cliffrlp

The body shop scenario happened to me as well.

Thats why now I have all my work done at DTM Autobody, they have proven that they know how to spray and fit pretty much anything you throw at them.
Sure I agree, the body shop happens. So who do you take your TV back to if it's defective? Best Buy or Sony?

I mean it's that simple...Again, I'm not here to flame a vendor. But if you look at it from a consumers view...HE did business with YOU. YOU did business with CHARGESPEED. Yet now, even with whatever money Strafe made...they have kindly stepped out and said contact Chargespeed. If that's the case, why don't we just order from Chargespeed? That's all i'm getting at.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:20 AM
StrafeAuto
Vendor - Former Vendor

I purchased my berk high flow cats a while back from a vendor on this forum and they failed, i contacted the vendor and that vendor contacted berk and took care of everything to get me a new set.

We contacted Chargespeed the same way and Chargespeed stand by their product. If in fact after Vincent contacts George today LIKE HE HAS BEEN TOLD and Chargespeed says lets replace it then we will. If they so No then we won't.

The problem here is being judged before Vincent contacts George from Chargespeed. Premature judging IMO.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:23 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Note to self: no body kit will be a perfect fit. Be prepared for additional charges by the shop to “tweak” the kit for proper fit.

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware!