Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My Z got hit

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 11:13 AM
Z Girl 888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Richard-
Oh no.....so it happened on the right hand side, huh? No worries, your car is still beautiful, and I'm sure they'll do a good job taking care of all the damage. And you're right; getting a new Z is better than straightening the frame of my damaged car. My Z got hit on the passanger side on the HWY at 110 kms/hr. And it does not look pretty...One thing though for all those driving the Z and getting in a serious accident: I have nerve damage and other injuries, but if you saw my car you'd think I'm dead. The Z really protects the driver in the cockpit. We're all preoccupied how the car looks, sounds, feels when driven, but we forget to think how it will react through some serious impact. Let me tell you: I know there was luck involved, but the car protected me enough as to let me live through the accident.
Richard, can't wait to see a pic of your Z once it's all fixed!!!
Old 11-03-2003, 03:33 PM
JonsilvZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Z Girl 888
Richard-
Oh no.....so it happened on the right hand side, huh? No worries, your car is still beautiful, and I'm sure they'll do a good job taking care of all the damage. And you're right; getting a new Z is better than straightening the frame of my damaged car. My Z got hit on the passanger side on the HWY at 110 kms/hr. And it does not look pretty...One thing though for all those driving the Z and getting in a serious accident: I have nerve damage and other injuries, but if you saw my car you'd think I'm dead. The Z really protects the driver in the cockpit. We're all preoccupied how the car looks, sounds, feels when driven, but we forget to think how it will react through some serious impact. Let me tell you: I know there was luck involved, but the car protected me enough as to let me live through the accident.
Richard, can't wait to see a pic of your Z once it's all fixed!!!
I guess my damage itsnt that bad compared to yours. If it was totalled and they pay for a new one,thats bad. Good thing your alive and not permanently disabled.
Old 11-04-2003, 01:19 PM
TypeSVA

the most important thing is that ur fine.. the whole idea of dozens of Z's crashing is scaring me .. might even persuade me not 2 buy one .. NOT!!!!! < i like this icon he he he
Old 11-04-2003, 02:47 PM
JonsilvZ

Got the estimate on the damage today. Replace the bumper,rim,upper control arm,suspension,axle,bearing,fix rear quarter panel. Will be ready in 5days. I hope it rides like before..
Old 11-20-2003, 02:51 PM
JonsilvZ

Got my Z back from the shop yesterday. Thank God it rides like before. Took it up to 120mph and felt solid. Paint blends with the rest of the body. My Z is back in action!
Old 11-20-2003, 03:04 PM
ViZion

getting the witness listed on the police report will help out too. when i got hit on my bike by some dumb ***** on her cell phone witnesses were pretty much what helped me the most. the officer should also list what his/her account of the accident is.
my advice is to pay the ~$10 and get a copy of the report.

the damage to both his and your vehicle and where your car ended up should also help tell the story.

good luck with everything. ins. co's are a pain in the ***. hope all goes well, goes quickly and goes the way you want it to!