Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Friday AM delivered in NJ

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2002 | 05:02 PM
evicid

Congrats on the car J Ritt! It'll be nice to see some other Zs around Jersey. Good luck with it. Sucks that you had to deal with the rain all weekend. It's a good thing they handle it pretty well.
Old 09-02-2002 | 05:38 PM
brackethead

Originally posted by J Ritt
The verdict and some funny stuff...

#3...my favorite. I'm driving down one of my favorite back roads, and I come to a farily long straight...a middle-aged couple is jogging towards me in the distance. As I approach, the man sees me coming...I watch his face as I drive by...mouth open staring...I look in my rearview mirror to see what he does...he looks over his right shoulder back at the car...then he trips and goes down. He stands up, and rather than continuing on...he stands up facing in my direction to get another look as his wife jogs on...funniest **** I've seen in a long time...and that just about sums up others' reactions to the car so far.
OMG, that's hilarious! What a perfect moment. I just spit on my laptop from laughing when I read that!

Thanks for all the detail! I finally got to sit in a few Z's today and I agree with you about the interior quality and ergonomics.

Just to prove I was paying attention when I read your posts... you said your '98 Type R is a 5 speed. I thought that was a 6? Obviously, you would know. My GS-R was a 5sp and I always assumed the Type Rs, especially late models, were 6. Anyway, thanks!
Old 09-03-2002 | 05:20 AM
J Ritt

I am up to about 425 miles I believe...many in the light rain and wet roads...the car handled great...didn't miss a beat. I had the back end step a few inches coming out of a second gear corner when I got on it...traction control came on...little 'slip' light flashed a few seconds and the engine power cut quite a bit...didn't scare me in the least...now I know it's functioning properly!

The Integra R is a 5 speed...the new Integra Type R is a 6 speed (RSX in the US...and there is no R version, only Type S).

Thanks for the support guys...I'm loving this thing!