Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Friday AM delivered in NJ

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2002, 06:34 AM
J Ritt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Friday AM delivered in NJ

Well, the wait ended on Friday morning. I had been checking Nissandriven to see if my Z was in the inventory since last Monday. On Wed., I had read about a few deliveries in the NJ area...so I knew my car should be quick on their heels. I checked my dealer's inventory first thing Thurs. morning, and there it was! I called the dealer twice, and after not hearing back from them after a couple of hours, I went down in person during lunch. Of course, nobody knew anything about the Z's arrival. According to the sales manager, mine was still scheduled to be there in 3 weeks. I told him that I think his info is wrong, and he should be seeing mine really soon. I left, and went back to work to put out some fires. I was planning to take Friday off anyway, to go away for the weekend, but I was getting nervous that my Z was going to show up while I was gone...I was envisioning smokey burnouts by the dealer's people, so I thought it might be wise to stick around for the weekend...decided to take Friday off anyway.

Friday at 10am, the phone rang and woke me up. I picked it up, and there was the dealer telling me I was right, the car came in at 9pm on Thursday. I told him I would be there at noon to pick it up.
When I arrived at the dealership, my car was across the street at a detailing place being hand washed, as I had requested. The sales manager walked me across the street to get my first look.

First Look: Wow...I had seen the show car in NYC earlier in the year, but I definitely wasn't prepared for the first look at MY new car! The visual impact of the car is amazing...it looked bigger than life sitting there dripping with suds. My first thought was, "wow, I really picked the right color for me." I had been toiling over the chrome silver and silverstone, and decided to go with CS. I couldn't believe what a nice shade the color was, and how the metalic flake caught the light and made it sparkle. I was really happy about my choice. I walked around my baby and checked out the other angles...I must say my first look at the car filled me with a great feeling, and I kept thinking to myself, "I can't believe I'm going to be driving this thing everyday!"

I went through all the paperwork, BS, etc...and didn't get out of the dealership for another 2 hours...and what a loooong 2 hours that was. My car was sitting out back, I had the keys in my hand, and all I wanted to do was go jump it and get out of there. Eventually, that's what I got to do...now, on to the good stuff...
Old 09-01-2002, 07:14 AM
J Ritt

Ok...I'm going to give a little background on my evaluation of the 350Z, since frame of reference does make a difference in how things are perceived. I've been driving an Integra Type R for the last three years, and before that I owned an automatic accord, which was my first car. During the last three years, I've had the opportunity to drive a number of sportscars, with a wide range of power and abilities. I haven't had a lot of seat time in other cars, but enough to get a general feel for their dynamics. I autocross occasionally, and I would consider myself a fast learner. I've won or placed in the majority of the events in which I have tried to be competitive. I have about a dozen days (4 events) on full road courses including pocono, limerock, and watkins glen.
So, to sum up my experience, I'm still only a rookie driver, but I'm a student of the sport, and my instructors always seem to walk away impressed. I would consider my driving style cautious and controlled...I would rather ease into feeling comfortable, and work my speed/comfort level up.
To sum up the bulk of my wheeltime...the Integra R is basically a race car for the street. It is extremely raw, rough, rare, loud, and fun. It is a small displacement, screaming engine, that needs to be revved to the moon to get it really cooking. It is still fine around town, so naysayers who claim it's no fun unless you thrash it are dead wrong, and probably haven't driven one. Most of my impressions are in relation to my experiences with the Type R.
Ok, enough with the setup, here's the review of the 350z after 200 miles of driving...some highway, but mostly twisty backroads.

Interior: (I am a little over 6'3", 200lbs for reference) I cannot believe how unnecessarily worried I was after reading all of the reviews of the car. I think the interior is awesome! Nissan did a fantastic job with the erogomics overall, and the cockpit is an incredibly comfortable place to do business. The general feel of the interior is definitely sparce...the journalists were almost right about that. However, they put a negative spin on the lack of gadgets, etc, while I perceive this as being 'just right.' There isn't any unnecessary clutter...just what you need to drive and be comfortable.
Guages: The gauges are fantastic. The 3 gauge cluster with the tach in the middle is near perfect. It is up close, right behind the steering wheel. It is so close and easy to read. Since it moves with the wheel, it's in perfect view. The lighting of the gauges is very nice as well. I like how the needles always glow, and I am a big fan of the amber color. I haven't had any problems reading the main cluster in direct sunlight, at night, etc. The dimmer switches work fine, and it's pretty easy to get just the right amount of light out of the cluster. My Type R also uses amber lighting, so I felt right at home. As for being legible...no problems. They look great. The big tach in the center is perfect, and shift light is something that should have been done by someone, somewhere, long ago. It alleviates the need to take the eyes off of the road, which is great...4000 rpms is approaching...ah, there's the flashing light, bam, shift to the next gear...absolutely sweet.
The center gauge cluster with the trip computer is also great. The trip computer is nicely placed, and angled right at the eyes. It's easy to quickly glance over there and get the info you want. I also find the adjustment switches for the trip computer nicely placed and easy/intuitive to use. I scroll through the functions at will, and make any adjustments...very nice. I did notice that the center cluster does get washed out a little in direct sunlight. I was trying to adjust the dimmer switch so I can see them better, but It's tough to tell how the dimmer is changing during the day. Overall though, I love the gauges...the color, how easy they are to read, their placement, utility, and how easy there are to use. I'll have to drive more during bright daylight to see how the center cluster looks (if it's being washed out) before I can pass final judgement.

Seating: As many others have said, the seats are incredible. They are not at the same level as a Recaro race seat, but they are some of the best I've seen in any factory road car. The deep bolsters are snug on my sides (I'm pretty lean), and the material is nice and grippy. I don't really move around much at all while cornering, and that's the whole point. The arm cutaway for the shifter is a nice touch, as is the femoral thigh support. The tilt function is standard issue, and works fine. There are some things that could be better though. 1. There is no lumbar support lever...which I found odd. Even my 94 accord had a little lumbar lever that could adjust pressure on the back. Sometimes I used it, sometimes I didn't, but it was nice to have the option there. 2. The thigh support still isn't at the level I would like it to be. I am tall and long-legged. With the bottom of the seat tilted all the way up in the front, I stilll can't completely relieve my leg from 'floating' a little bit while working the pedals. I could use about another inch of adjustment up. Another great addition would be an adjustable thigh bolster, as used in the E36 M3...one that extends out towards the front of the car, and can be used during long highway trips. Seating position overall is great. The view out of the car from my perspective is really good. I can't really see much hood in front, and it's easy to place the car where I want it. There is plenty of leg room for me, and I can even pass my right leg horizontally under the steering wheel with ease (even when the steering wheel isn't in the fully upright position). All in all, the seating is very nice...feels snug and comfy, but for a really tall driver, it could be improved slightly.
Old 09-01-2002, 07:18 AM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, congrats JRitt, and thanks for the write up! 3 weeks early, huh? Lucky you!
Old 09-01-2002, 07:25 AM
J Ritt

Pedals: I really like the aluminum pedals. They have the nice little rubber nubs for wet weather, and they feel nice on the feet. I have a set of Sparco aluminum pedals in my R, which are better in some ways, and worse in others. I wish the gas and brake pedals in the Z were a little closer together. In my R, I have the left half of my right foot on the brake, and the right half of my right foot on the brake when I heel-toe a downshift...I just roll the foot over, and it's perfectly easy to execute. With the Z, I can sometimes reach the gas peda while braking, but other times, I feel like I'm reaching. For a shorter driver, or one with stubby legs, this may not be as much of a problem. For me however, I don't have a lot of room to work the knees. A shorter driver can literally use the entire heel to reach for the gas pedal, while keeping the ball of the foot on the brake...the lower half of the leg shoots over and blips the throttle. Tall people don't have the same amount of lateral movement with the leg, because it gets tangled with the steering wheel. Therefore, you have to rely more on just rolling the foot to 'heel-toe.' I think I may have to get a gas pedal that's closer to the brake, put an extension on it, etc. I need to drive it a bit more to see if I can make it work, since I do have a fair bit more legroom than I'm used to as I stated above. In other words, I may just need to adjust my style and method. Pedal feel is very nice...the linear throttle is a bit weird at first, since i'm used to feeling a blast of power as VTEC kicks in on my R. I like it though...torque comes on in a controlled manner, which I think is going to be really helpful when coming out of a turn. It's easy to modulate the pedals, and although they are drive-by-wire...I don't feel any loss of control or delays. I like that. Brake pedal feel is really good so far. Since I'm breaking the car in, I haven't really gotten into them too much. I'll just say that they feel good so far, and I'm looking forward to learning how to maximize their performance.

Ok, time for breakfast...more impressions in a little while.
Old 09-01-2002, 07:27 AM
J Ritt

Jill, did you get yours yet?!?! If not, we can meet up if you want, so you can check it out. I guess we'll have to have our Friday the 13th date a little bit early.
Old 09-01-2002, 07:49 AM
Jill

Originally posted by J Ritt
Jill, did you get yours yet?!?! If not, we can meet up if you want, so you can check it out. I guess we'll have to have our Friday the 13th date a little bit early.
Unfortunately, MY dealership is the only one within a 50 mile radius of my house that doesn't have any z's listed in their inventory. Sucks for me, right? I talked to my dealership last week and he still says 9/12 but he was hoping for a week early. Now i'm hearing that their first shipment will be 9/11. I would LOVE to get together and see yours, but... the first one i ride in/drive, I want to be mine - especially with delivery so close. But if I get mine the 12th, I'd still love to meet up and check out each others cars. Are you going to the Z car show on 9/8? If not, all of us Jersey/NY/PA people should get together and take some group pictures. Once again, congrats!
Old 09-01-2002, 07:52 AM
Traffic

Originally posted by J Ritt
2. The thigh support still isn't at the level I would like it to be. I am tall and long-legged. With the bottom of the seat tilted all the way up in the front, I stilll can't completely relieve my leg from 'floating' a little bit while working the pedals. I could use about another inch of adjustment up. Another great addition would be an adjustable thigh bolster, as used in the E36 M3...one that extends out towards the front of the car, and can be used during long highway trips. Seating position overall is great. The view out of the car from my perspective is really good. I can't really see much hood in front, and it's easy to place the car where I want it. There is plenty of leg room for me, and I can even pass my right leg horizontally under the steering wheel with ease (even when the steering wheel isn't in the fully upright position). All in all, the seating is very nice...feels snug and comfy, but for a really tall driver, it could be improved slightly.
Much congratulations; what part of Jersey are you from?

Hey, what do you mean by floating? You mean that it doesn't feel like a 'bucket' seat? I had that problem with my father's truck; it almost feels like you could slide out of the seat-
Old 09-01-2002, 08:11 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

J Ritt congrats on your new ride. I have the same combo on order for Oct. delivery. I am 6'2" 195 lbs. so i was glad to hear you say you fit fine in the car. How's the gearbox compared to the R? I am selling my 2001 S2000 so I am just curious. Anyone know someone looking for a Spa Yellow with 1700 miles on it in as new condition????
Old 09-01-2002, 08:39 AM
J Ritt

Daytona, I'm up near Morristown. By floating, I mean that my thigh doesn't have a huge amount of support pressing up on it at all times. It definitely feels very bucket-like though.

ZGirl, not sure that I'll make it on the 8th or not...we'll see. I'm sure all the NJ Z people will meet up soon enough. Sorry to hear that you don't have yours yet...it's worth the wait...trust me.

Ok back from brunch...

Steering wheel: The steering wheel has a nice solid feel to it. In my Type R I have a momo club 3, which is very similar in diameter and feel. The rim of the Z's wheel is nice and thick, and the leather feels good. I also like the cool metal parts, and by cool I mean cool to the touch. I haven't played with the cruise controls yet, but they seem very easy to reach and use. The horn is basically the entire center section of the wheel, not some tiny little buttons you need to fumble for in a panic situation...a good choice by Nissan. The tilt mechanism works fine, and allows for lots of leg room.

Other gauges/controls: The stalk gauges for the lights, wipers, etc. are all fine, and nicely integrated into the steering column. Nothing really too exciting to say about these. They look nice with the silver finish. The climate control setup is great. The buttons are big, feel nice, and you don't have to read the manual to understand them...they all make sense, and beat the hell out of the old slider type controls. They also look nice...they don't have that silly red/blue hot/cold rotary ****, that looks like it's out of some econobox (a la the Z06 vette).
Stereo: The stereo is fine. The controls are simple, it plays my CD's (including the burned ones), and it sounds fine...a lot better than my R's, which has the cheapest, lightest, paper setup ever made. It is loud enough to use on the highway with the windows down. The overall sound quality is average...not particularly rich. The midrange seems a bit weak, and the speakers sound a bit 'tinny.' I'm into home audio, but not so worried about the car...I prefer listening to the engine sounds much of the time. Overall, the stereo is more than adequate for me, and no better or worse than I anticiapated.
Storage/Lighting: Storage is fine with the car. I'm in Philly right now with my girlfriend. We were able to store 2 golf bags, both of our overnight bags, CDs, a small soft cooler, golf shoes, etc in the car with no troble or standing on the hatch. That's all the storage I need. The rear trunk area would definitely be a lot more useful without the strut bar, but I'll take it stiff thank you, and it looks cool. The breifcase storage is big enough for any books, magazines, the owners manual, CD's, etc. I reached back with my right hand to fold the passenger seat up...not to tough...but I'll probably just wait until I'm out of the car to play around back there for safety's sake. The two little flaps behind the seats are good for any little tidbits you need to put in...basically, there are lots of little cubbys, just as the journalists said, and enough room to hold everything I need it to. Interior lighting is fine...the little switches on the roof with the map lights work fine....nothing exciting. I played around with the NAV storage flap...looks fine to me...it didn't break or fall out...it didn't move, or do anything out of the ordinary. I guess if someone was looking hard to find a fault with the car, this could be a fine place to focus, as most journalists did. Cupholders are cupholders. The one near the passenger's knee is actually perfect for me driving. I had no trouble reaching over there with my long arms and grabbing it. I actually think that's the best location I've ever seen...it's out of my way, but within easy reach...I like it a lot. The middle ones are fine for the passenger, because s/he can turn and reach to grab from them...while driving, I probably would not use them since you have to take too much focus off of the road to do so.
Door handles sure feel like metal to me...I've never felt plastic that cold, so we'll see if our hands stick to them in the winter...I guess just keep your tongue off of them...
Visibility: The rear window is fine for me. I'm used to seeing a wing bisecting my rear view in the R, so not having a bar running through the middle of my rear view is quite nice. I tthink it's plenty big enough to see out of...no problem. When I look over my right shoulder...good view. The C pillar doesn't get in the way, and I have no troubles. Looking over my left shoulder doesn't inspire as much confidence however...as others have said, you need to work your mirrors and place some confidence in them when merging left. 2 minutes after I picked the car up, I was heading onto the highway into labor day traffic...if I said there wasn't a fairly substantial pucker factor while merging for the first time ever, I'd be lying. Once I got my mirrors set and got comfortable, everything appears fine, and no troubles.

Interior summary...I am a big fan of the interior. I think the materials are good, and the ergonomics are great. The car puts you in a fantastic driving position, and it looks like it will be comfortable for extended periods of time as well. The materials are of nice quality, and everything is intuitive. My girlfriend's dad has owned porsche's for years...when he got in it yesterday, he kept saying how nice the interior is, and how good the fit and finish was. I agree with him.
Old 09-01-2002, 09:15 AM
J Ritt

Now for some driving....

Steering: Now I understand why the journalists have been so positive about the steering feel of the car! In a word, it's precise. The steering feel really transmits whats going on with the car. At this point, I haven't had much opportunity to test it with the tail out...only a few wiggles, so I can really talk about the steering at the limits of adhesion and beyond. The steering feels heavy. Heavy in a good way. It doesn't have that shitty overboosted feeling that you find in so many cars, and the weight is consistent. It doesn't feel much lighter or easier to turn at low speeds, or when you're parking. I love it. The steering ratio is nice and tight...you don't have to saw at the wheel, you just turn it a little bit, and you feel the car respond. The ratio, combined with the nice little steering wheel are a great combo. The on-center feel is good as well. I've read some reviews that it is numb, but I disagree. Overall, you get a lot of feedback, and it feels natural...no slack, no play, nothing...it just helps you get the car where you want it to be...very, very nice. A+

Suspension: A lot stiffer than I imagined it would be. After reading all of the press info, quotes from Nissan execs, etc., I was concerned that they were going to make this car too cushy (the whole we don't want this to be like a go-cart S2000 thing)...well, my fears have been alleviated. The suspension is taut, and there is no doubt that it is tuned as a sporstcar should be. I'm not sure what the spring rates are, but it feels similar to my R. There is very little body roll. The car doesn't lean too much at all under street driving conditions. The car generally feels neutral. Over poor surfaces, it feels composed, and fast. I ran through some bumpy sections of one road at a quick pace...car stayed planted and controlled. At highway speeds, the car is extremely stable. I took it up to 100 on a clear strectch of highway...could have cruised there all day long...felt like I was doing 60. I know there has been some talk of understeer by the press...I'll have to do some more hard driving (autoX) etc before I can comment. My general feel is one of neutrality, and I can feel the back end following me. I have no doubt that it will be pretty easy to hang the *** out...you can just feel it back there, waiting to be pushed out when you want it, but it doesn't feel like its going to snap on you when you aren't ready. Overall, the suspension tuning is at a great level for a mix of daily driving and weekend warrior competition. It's comfortable, but not relaxed; and taut but not rough. As for how nimble the car feels...remember that I have been driving an extremely nimble 2500lb car. The Z definitely does not feel as nimble as my R. I know those 700lbs are there, but they feel more like only a few hundred. I don't feel that I can toss the car around like I can with my R...and it definitely does not have that go-cart feel, which the R has. I think my confidence level in the Z has a lot to do with this. I've only put 200 miles on it, and I haven't really pushed it yet. I've driven the R to the edge and back a number of times, and I feel like I know the limits. I have no idea with the Z. Also, I'm used to front wheel drive, low torque...now i have RWD and high tq...a very different setup. I have no doubt that the R will remain more tossible in my mind after I learn the Z better. However, the Z does not feel at all heavy to me. That is a very good sign. It just feels more solid than the R. It's hard to explain really. Overall, the handling feels great. I need to get some miles under my belt...but unfortunately the weather is miserable here today.
Old 09-01-2002, 09:31 AM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

J:

Bravo to you. I was all set to go and take picture of your car and call your dealer a liar if he didn't deliver the goods, but looks like you got it on time!

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a silver bullet zipping up and down Route 287. Now stay outta my town until I get my car, OK? I gotta be the first to cause a massive town-wide case of whiplash, OK???
Old 09-01-2002, 09:38 AM
J Ritt

JMark...thanks! You will fit great. I have a couple of inches of headroom (plenty for a helmet), and I'm between 6'3" and 6'4".

Gearchange: The gearbox on the Z is sweet. As with some of the other items, I was a bit concerned that it wasn't going to be up to snuff. Coming from Honda, who typically has some of the best gearboxes, I was especially worried. Again, my fears faded away after my first drive. The shift **** feels really good in my hand. I have huge hands, so maybe that's why, but regardless, it is really nice. It is textured nicely, and it falls right into my palm. When you're moving through the gets, it transmits a nice mechanical feel. You feel connected. The throws are pretty damn short. They are not as short as the S2000, and probably not the miata either...but they are close. They are quite a bit shorter than in my R. The gates feel well defined to me. I've read a few people complain that they are vague. I disagree. 2-3 is very close laterally. If you try to aim it in on the upshift, you'll put it in 5th. My girlfriend had a little trouble going 2-3 because of this. I told her, just push it straight up, don't try to guide it into three...she didn't have any more trouble. (guys, don't worry...my GF is the one who taught me how to drive stick years ago, and she used to race her dad's Porsche. ) 3-4 shift feels a bit notchy (i'll get to this), 4-5 is easy, you just have to push it out a bit wide. 5-6 is weird for me, because my R is a 5 speed. I feel like I have this extra gear there...very odd. The gearchange is a bit more notchy than I'm used to. The journalist who described it as 'bolt action rifle' was on the mark. You push into the gear, and then you feel it click in...almost like a two step process...not just throw it into gear...more like throw it, it falls into gear. It was a little odd for me at first but I do like it. I was treating it a bit gingerly at first...i felt worried that I was forcing it or something. That's not the case...it just feels very mechanical as it slots in. Reverse is different from what I'm used to...but no problems getting it in. Just push down and way over...boom...easy. Overall, I like the gearbox a lot. It feels good, and it works well. They did a really nice job.
The clutch is great...doesn't feel all that much different than what is in my R (which has 130ish lbs. of tq.). Pedal effort is light, and take up is smooth. It's matched very well with the gearbox...it all feels natural, and you don't pay attention to it after you get underway.
Old 09-01-2002, 10:02 AM
J Ritt

mmmmmmm....engine.....

I must say that I was a bit surprised when I drove the car off the lot. Honestly, it just didn't feel all that fast. If you've ever been in a VTEC equipped engine, you know the big rush when the cam lobes change...it's very obvious in the S2000...and even more dramatic in an Integra R. The car is swelling....bwwwwwaaaaaaahhhh....then VTEC hits...braaaaaaaaaaap. The acceleration comes in a punch...very obvious, and the sound makes your spine tingle. Or, for the forced induction crowd...I drove in a 94 supra TT a while back...first turbo is spooling from down low...pssssshhhhh...second turbo comes in and sounds like a jet engine, and you feel like someone punched you in the stomach...don't know whether to try and escape or just cling to something....
Well, the Z does not react in a way similar to either of these. I will qualify this impression by saying that I've hardly been under full throttle at all, let alone all the way through a gear, and I haven't seen north of 4000rpms....but down low, the car is super, super smooth as it pulls. I dipped into the throttle deep with my friend in the car, and I watched her neck go back against the rest...not because it was forced there, but it was more comfortable than holding it forward. You can feel the power swell, but its delivered in such a linear way that its not dramatic, and you don't feel a sudden rush. It's pretty weird at first. This has a couple of implications. 1. Will the car be as fun to drive? I know my R is a blast to drive...when VTEC kicks in, you hold on to your hat as the wheels scrabble for pavement, and all hell breaks loose...the sound is intoxicating as well. 2. It is fun, but being smooth is one of the most fundamental driving rules...a quick blast of tq. from the engine is not the best thing to have..I digress. With the Z, that blast isn't there. As I approach 4000rpms though, I feel and hear the car changing...the exhaust gets louder, and the push gets stronger...unfortunately, I haven't gotten the full experience, so I can't say for sure if I will get the same thrill when I put the pedal to the floor as I do in my R. Based on the feeling I get in my stomach as the car reaches the 4k mark and the engine note begins to change...i think I'm in for a pleasant trip to redline. I've mentioned torque a number of times...damn...I can't believe that I can just tool around in 5th without lugging the car, etc. It doen't blast off in 5th at slow speeds, but it will go without drama...its nuts. Passing on the highway, coming out of a turn, you just put it down and the car accelarates...its great. Torque everywhere...all gears, all speeds, in the air, in your ear...everywhere.
Some more thoughts on the engine...Sound...the car needs to be a bit louder under full acceleration. Again, I haven't gotten the full bellow at high revs, but at low engine speeds, it doesn't really sound quite as loud as I'd like. I think an aftermarket exhaust is something I will consider. On the highway, you can't hear a thing. With the windows up...sounds are pretty muffled. When they are down, it sounds pretty damn nice...just not quite loud enough for my taste though. As others have said, the sound is more exotic car than muscle car. At 4k it has this cool kind of high pitch come in as the power swells...very nice.
One of the S2000 guys posted on this site that the Z needs a lighter flywheel. I understand what he means. Compared to my R, the Z doesn't feel as willing to rev. It doesn't feel like it wants to rev as much as the R does...again, this really hard to put into words. When I see the whole range of engine speeds, I'll have a little more perspective on this (as with everything else).
Old 09-01-2002, 10:12 AM
J Ritt

Thumbs up

The verdict and some funny stuff...
Overall, the car is amazing. It looks like it cost waaaay more than $30k, and it performs in a similar fashion. The car screams quality to me. The fit an finish are superb. The car is a pleasure to drive, and it's already loads of fun after just scratching the surface. Nissan definitely has a HUGE hit on its hands. To give a car like this to the everyday Joe is an amazing accomplishment. Bravo and thank you to Nissan.

funny#1: I pull up to a light and some lawn service guys with a trailer pull up next to me. They both lean out the driver window and tell me how awesome the car is. They then drive their trailer over the curb because they are too busy staring at my car.

#2: I'm parked in town getting breakfast yesterday. I put the car out on the end by itself. 75% of the cars driving past either stop or slow down to look. All sportscars that pass by, stop, do a circle around, or get out to look.

#3...my favorite. I'm driving down one of my favorite back roads, and I come to a farily long straight...a middle-aged couple is jogging towards me in the distance. As I approach, the man sees me coming...I watch his face as I drive by...mouth open staring...I look in my rearview mirror to see what he does...he looks over his right shoulder back at the car...then he trips and goes down. He stands up, and rather than continuing on...he stands up facing in my direction to get another look as his wife jogs on...funniest **** I've seen in a long time...and that just about sums up others' reactions to the car so far.
Old 09-01-2002, 11:09 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

J Ritt Wrote:
I have huge hands, so maybe that's why
And you know what they say........Huge hands...........Huge.............. GLOVES
Old 09-01-2002, 12:14 PM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

J,

Thanks for the reviews and comments about the car! Glad to hear that you like it. You've confirmed even further that Nissan has delivered as promised and that the Z is worth the wait.

Regarding your comments about the engine- it will be interesting to hear if your impressions change after brake-in is over-

Are you (and anyone else in the area?) coming to the NJ Z Car Club Show on September 8th at O'Brien Nissan- hope to see you guys there- click the link in my signature for more details...

My car should arrive this week or next- looking forward to meeting up with the other Jersey folks at some point...

Ethan
Old 09-01-2002, 07:23 PM
bayarea-sunset

J,
Amazing review really enjoyed it.I kept thinking you were finished and than more and you know what I was never bored for one second,Thanks-Will
Old 09-02-2002, 05:39 AM
J Ritt

Thanks guys...I was hoping more people would read it, but it's dropping down the pages quickly!

At any rate, I might be there Ethan...not sure. My birthday is on the 7th, so not really sure what I'll be doing all weekend.
Old 09-02-2002, 04:16 PM
Traffic

Since it's been pouring here in NJ all weekend, did you get to drive the Z in the rain? How'd it handle?

Quick Reply: Friday AM delivered in NJ