Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Service questions...please help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 07:01 AM
djkern
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service questions...please help!

ok, so i'm taking my car in to the dealership in 2 weeks to get serviced. i want to go in with a list of the problems i want them to check out.....even if i can't tell the problems are there i'd like them to check anyway. i don't know ALL the problems that should be looked into...so, i need help putting together a list. what else should i have them check besides:

1. window streak (not really there though)
2. tire feathering (don't think i have any though)
3. tranny (seems fine to me)

what else should i have them check out. i have a base 03...so, no bose issues here.

the car is a 10 months old...i just hit 9K. i am going to bring it in to have the 11K service (even though i won't be close to 11K...but, i'd like to get this done before i take it off the road for the winter...i'm not sure what issues they won't cover after 1 year has passed (like tire feathering issues)).

thanks for your help!

djk
Old 10-31-2003, 07:15 AM
fanatic

Well,
If you window isn't streaking they can't fix it..........
Tire feathering they'll check
If the tranny is fine, they can't fix it..........They can't "check the tranny"....it's either grinding or it's not.......count yourself lucky for now.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:27 AM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by fanatic
Well,
If you window isn't streaking they can't fix it..........
Tire feathering they'll check
If the tranny is fine, they can't fix it..........They can't "check the tranny"....it's either grinding or it's not.......count yourself lucky for now.
the window streaking is visible (slightly)...not as bad as i've seen...so, i'll have them check it anyway.

last time they didn't check for tire feathering...i had to tell them to. the guy had no idea what i was talking about.

for me to get a grind in my tranny is VERY VERY rare. it's only happened maybe 2 or 3 times...and it's not my shifting. i've never driven an automatic...so, i know how to shift...haha. i can tell them that it's happened and to look into it, right?

what other TSB (or whatever you call it) are out there that i should know of and have them look into when i'm there.

i don't have the bose issues...that is a TSB (is that the right term by the way).

i want to go in with a list of problems that z's are having...and have them check them all. some of them can go undetected. i don't want them to overlook anything.

what else is there that i should write down?
Old 10-31-2003, 08:53 AM
BILL T
Charter Member #61

Just let them do the normal service and if you think something's wrong bring it to their attention. They can't fix somethings that's not broken.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:03 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

While you're there, have them replace the part that is involved in this latest recall.

My dealer said they will not replace it until December, and I will receive a letter in the mail.

As far as TSB's go, my dealer said they will not fix TSB's on my car unless there is visible damage, ect..

BTW, this is what I think of my dealer.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:18 AM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by zand02max
While you're there, have them replace the part that is involved in this latest recall.

My dealer said they will not replace it until December, and I will receive a letter in the mail.

As far as TSB's go, my dealer said they will not fix TSB's on my car unless there is visible damage, ect..

BTW, this is what I think of my dealer.
that is also what i think of the place i go to! i got my car at another dealer...but it further away.

what is the latest recall? do they have any idea yet?

BILL T - "They can't fix somethings that's not broken." (do you think they actually check for everything? haha. no! they'll overlook whatever isn't on the list that they are working off of...well, at least hte place i go to will).

i guess i'll just go in and see what they have to do...and then tell them what else needs to be fixed.

i need to find a new place to take the car (unless, for some reason, i'm happy with this servicing).
Old 10-31-2003, 09:41 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Some type of sensor they have to replace on like 2.5 million Nissan vehicles.

Apparently some Z owners were having problems starting their cars. I believe this is the fix.

I guess the tire feathering or tranny is not such a big deal to them to replace right away!
Old 10-31-2003, 09:50 AM
fanatic

With about 10000 miles on the car, what kind of "normal" service is being done to it? Is there something in the manual to be done at 10,000 miles..........
Old 10-31-2003, 10:15 AM
djkern
Banned

With about 10000 miles on the car, what kind of "normal" service is being done to it? Is there something in the manual to be done at 10,000 miles..........
i called and said that i just hit 9K and i need to take the car in (i'm taking it off the road and would like to have it serviced before it's used as a show car)...also, i need to replace the oil anyway (i replace it every 3K miles even though it's synthetic).

so, i asked if there were any major services coming up and she said "well, there is an 11K miles services that are done on the 350z". so, i told her to set an appointment for me.

basically the 11K service is a typical service. change oil, top off fluids, check belts, etc. there's nothing "special" about it.

i'm not sure why they say it should be done?? but, it's being taken off the road....so, why not do it (since, it'll be more than a year old after i get it out of the stereo shop - that's where it's being held for the winter...they are using the car as a demo car and re-doing my strereo with a custom set up).
Old 10-31-2003, 10:30 AM
fanatic

Wow, let us know when the stereo's done and what they did to it.........sounds cool!
Old 10-31-2003, 10:49 AM
djkern
Banned

Wow, let us know when the stereo's done and what they did to it.........sounds cool!
check out the signature. that's what's going to happen. i already have stereo stuff installed...it's just all gettting replaced.

for anyone that needs stereo stuff...Nazar's place in NH is awesome! he's a great guy and has great prices (and, no, i'm not getting anything from him...i just think he does great work).

i'll post pics along the way...

(oh yeah, the screen i have might be upgraded to the larger alpine screen...and potentially a 5.1 surround sound (most likely not though))

Last edited by djkern; 10-31-2003 at 10:51 AM.