Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Just got my 3M Paint Protection Installed . . .whew!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 07:28 AM
hosss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

question/concern.... is the film UV-blocking? if so, wouldn't there be a danger of color fading differences between protected and unprotected surfaces? and, isn't it UV rays that discolor lenses over time? i'm undecided on this product.... is the seam worth the protection? at this point i think so...... thanks
Old 09-03-2002, 08:55 AM
Dean

Audiopat: Yes, I've used Zaino over the 3M film. It works well.

GettinOnIt: I would not recommend waxing the surface that you're applying the 3M film on. In fact, Xpel recommends that you use 3M's Adhesive and Wax remover (i.e. Naptha) before applying the sticky film.

Kninkov: Xpel makes a good product, and a professional installation makes it even better.

Dean

WRX with complete Stongard protection
Old 09-03-2002, 10:53 AM
krinkov

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

actually for the film to adhere properly the area to be applicated are stripped of wax. It doesnt matter, its like putting a layer of water on top of the paint, whatever the finish is like beneath its going to show as glossy as the film on top is, which is pretty shiny, 3M uses a layer of clear coat on the surface of the film.
Old 09-18-2002, 07:04 PM
Autobahn

Default Update

Just thought I'd post an update. I've had the 3M paint protection on now after about 3 weeks and almost 1000 miles. I'm convinced this is one of the best investments I could have made for my Z. I drive Ca freeways all the time and I can see where a few rocks have hit my car. Not even noticeable. If I didn't have the paint protection film I guarantee I would have chips in the paint at this point. At 80mph+ a small rock can do a lot of damage.
Old 09-29-2002, 06:58 PM
ATC Ken

Jackkemp mentioned that he had a few chips already but wanted to go the 3M route. I'm in the same boat - got too excited, drove on Houston freeways before having this done, and now have a few small chips. Guess I'll have to have them repaired (or do it myself) before the clear bra install. Speaking of repairing paint chips, anyone ever heard of or better yet, used, a product called Langka? Apparently makes the "blob" smooth down to the finish level of the surrounding paint.

They have a web site...www.langka.com.

Ken