Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

just started. going down the right path?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 09:34 AM
andrew's 350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks everone. Like I said befor I hav a co working buying my stock wheels so I can get some extra $$$ my control arm bushings are broken so that's my main pirority as of now. I have done some performance mods like cai and catback. But I also want my car to turn heads. There are a lot of Z's were I live so I'm trying to get my car to stand out from the others. The wing came with the car it wasent my choice to have it. I'm not sure I wanna drop the money into removing it. And can someone tell me the size of the spacers and a good drop. I'm going with the sportlines.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:42 AM
1GR8350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andrew's 350Z
thanks everone. Like I said befor I hav a co working buying my stock wheels so I can get some extra $$$ my control arm bushings are broken so that's my main pirority as of now. I have done some performance mods like cai and catback. But I also want my car to turn heads. There are a lot of Z's were I live so I'm trying to get my car to stand out from the others. The wing came with the car it wasent my choice to have it. I'm not sure I wanna drop the money into removing it. And can someone tell me the size of the spacers and a good drop. I'm going with the sportlines.
Go to Z1 and check out their urethane bushing kits. I just had to do lower control arm bushings myself. I had sportlines and liked them, but it was too low with my turbo piping so I went with Tein S and I like the ride better, but thats just my 2 cents
Old 05-26-2010, 10:25 AM
Swimminggerman

looks good, IMO nothing amazing or with "WOW" on it, but i would give it a quick look on the road. better than a double/triple take to see how some people tactfully modify their cars.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:38 AM
andrew's 350Z

Originally Posted by Swimminggerman
looks good, IMO nothing amazing or with "WOW" on it, but i would give it a quick look on the road. better than a double/triple take to see how some people tactfully modify their cars.
Ya as of right now it's nothing special my GF calls it cute so I'm trying to get away from tht area. The wheels were $200 from a friend wrapped in new tires. I needed new tires on my stock Z rims so I got a badass deal. Saved a **** ton of money. Going to get the rota grids by the end of summer break. Love those wheels.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:44 AM
10-E-C-350Z

lol yeah that says something about the wheels if they bring down the price on a new set of tires. I see that some people say the wing looks nice, and I can see their point of view I guess. I just think it looks like a fat chick was sitting on the middle of it. If I were you, and you are thinking of taking it off, go for it. If the hatch is F.U.B.A.R just put it back on.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:01 AM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good start but keep the wing! i'm a supporter of that nismo wing. Plus if you remove it you'll have to worry about filling the holes that were drilled to secure it. Or you can just upgrade to a CF hatch
Old 05-26-2010, 11:11 AM
JEKL

Originally Posted by AmnCruzie
^ Don't get me wrong, I appreciate cosmetic mods as well, its when those mods start negatively affecting performance that I think it is getting out of hand, that or when it just looks completely redonculous... I mean, I'm waiting on my Nismo V1 kit and carbon roof w/ turbulizers... Nothing against a nice body kit or some good rims... just, idunno, performance first. What good is it to have a car that "looks fast" but, the guy next to you in an RSX can out perform u... (And honestly, I just said RSX cuz there is some rampant hate on that car in this forum, but, I used to own an 04 type S, they are nice little cars... i never loved it as much as i love my Z, but it wasnt bad either)
Makes sense.

I am not sure if people hate the RSX, I think it is just a running joke around here that they are the fastest thing on the road. I thought about a Type S when I was looking for my DD because I wanted a reliable car with decent pick up that could handle a 150 mile a day commute.

OP, I have the same wing. Either you love it or hate it and I can see why some people don't like it. IIRC, it will have either 6 or 8 bolts holding to the rear hatch. So it will cost a fair amount of money to have all those holes filled if you decide to remove it.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:21 AM
andrew's 350Z

I don't know if I like the wing yet. 1 side of me likes it the other doesn't. Lol I know the wheels are **** but couldn't get a better deal. They will be coming off and being replaced with some rotas. I like the wing because it will cost to much to take it off.. I guess.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JEKL
Makes sense.

I am not sure if people hate the RSX, I think it is just a running joke around here that they are the fastest thing on the road. I thought about a Type S when I was looking for my DD because I wanted a reliable car with decent pick up that could handle a 150 mile a day commute.

OP, I have the same wing. Either you love it or hate it and I can see why some people don't like it. IIRC, it will have either 6 or 8 bolts holding to the rear hatch. So it will cost a fair amount of money to have all those holes filled if you decide to remove it.
+1, the holes will need to be filled in and the hatch will need to be repainted. Another option would be to trade hatches with someone local who has the same color Z.

I have the same wing and I for one love it, but I think you need a full aero kit to pull it off.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:11 PM
carbon z

Maybe you could replace the wing with a lower spoiler type. You would have to make sure the old holes would be coverd plus they would need to be sealed.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:27 PM
NewJoyZ

definitely in need of a SICK flux capacitor.
http://www.shopneo.co.uk/flux-capaci...-pr-16735.html
Old 05-26-2010, 03:40 PM
andrew's 350Z

Originally Posted by ENVYMYZ
definitely in need of a SICK flux capacitor.
http://www.shopneo.co.uk/flux-capaci...-pr-16735.html
oh hell ya a delorian(sp?) hmm i would be willing to trade hatches with someone that wants a wing. not a bad idea. i am planning on getting the aero kit down the road
Old 05-26-2010, 03:44 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Many temptations are ahead. You have to be strong.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:45 PM
sbZenth

Do you like it? If so, then you're going down the right path. If not, then CHANGE ASAP!?!!!! lol.

It looks nice though.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:16 PM
andrew's 350Z

Originally Posted by davidv

Many temptations are ahead. You have to be strong.
ya i like the car but i like others inputs. there are so many beautiful cars on the forum, so i wanted some ideas on performance and cosmetics. just making sure im not making the Z community look bad
Old 05-26-2010, 09:57 PM
adamc

Wing - I am more fond of the basic small spoiler like on my car (not sure name) but that one actually in my opinion looks good on there. Since its there I wouldn't change it.. roll with it.

Wheels - Although those are not my fav. choice... I prefer polished lip on black wheels highly over all black wheels.. to me the all black looks like $hit

in all honesty.. put a drop on it.. my car has the nismo springs/shocks/ect.. which is in my opinion a good drop but is way to expensive for what it is.. only reason i have it.. is because it came with it already on it..
but yea.. with a drop and maybe spacers I think your car would look really good dude..
its still nice lookin..
i wouldn't go drastic on what ppl. suggest if they are things that are already present requiring change.. like the wheels.. id rock them $hits for the time being and maybe later find something different.

nice care dude
Old 05-26-2010, 10:25 PM
andrew's 350Z

Originally Posted by adamc
Wing - I am more fond of the basic small spoiler like on my car (not sure name) but that one actually in my opinion looks good on there. Since its there I wouldn't change it.. roll with it.

Wheels - Although those are not my fav. choice... I prefer polished lip on black wheels highly over all black wheels.. to me the all black looks like $hit

in all honesty.. put a drop on it.. my car has the nismo springs/shocks/ect.. which is in my opinion a good drop but is way to expensive for what it is.. only reason i have it.. is because it came with it already on it..
but yea.. with a drop and maybe spacers I think your car would look really good dude..
its still nice lookin..
i wouldn't go drastic on what ppl. suggest if they are things that are already present requiring change.. like the wheels.. id rock them $hits for the time being and maybe later find something different.

nice care dude
hey thanks man!!! thats kinda the way i feel on somethings. the wing will stay because its so expensive to remove it. the wheels are what they are. for the price there not bad just because of price. ya i know i need a drop. i have 18's with 225\45ZR18 what would be a good drop?? 1.2 or 0.8.. and how about spacers?? 25mm?? need some help guys. "im new, i dont know what to do"-Joe Dirt
Old 05-27-2010, 05:24 AM
dvs1

Your wheels look close to the same offset as stock so I would go 20 mm in the front and 25 mm in the back. Then drop it on some BC or Stance coilovers and you should be good. I'm not a particular fan of the spoiler or wheels but you have to work with what you got, until the day you win the lotto.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:41 AM
driftinvq

I find it looks great! good job on nuilding a sexy Z!
Old 05-27-2010, 11:03 AM
ErkTheJerk73

Received 718 Likes on 427 Posts

i feel like we just hugged in this thread

Quick Reply: just started. going down the right path?