Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

:(

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 05:58 PM
alex100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when i got in my accident the passenger airbag went off but mine didnt.... thought it was odd so had nissan do a full inspection.. i hit head on too.. they said that the "computer" decided that if there was someone sitting in the passenger seat and they didnt have their seatbelt on then they'd be messed up if it didnt deploy the airbag. it thought I would be safe cause of my seatbelt and the speed i was going on impact... how fast were you going ?
Old 11-10-2003, 06:22 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

heres the pics

Old 11-10-2003, 06:25 PM
Jsn350Z

The front is a lot more smashed then it appears in the pictures. Couldnt get any good angles. If you look atthe car head on, it looked like it is looking WAY off to the side, instead of right at you.

Anyone wants to take a look, it is at white oaks auto body in campbell.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:26 PM
2004z
Sleeps in 350Z

Did wet pavement play a role at all? It rained pretty hard this week-end.

I'm really sorry you lost your car. I know you're probably tired of hearing it, but better the car than you. I'd much rather total my car than get massive head trauma (or other serious injuries).
Old 11-10-2003, 06:28 PM
Jsn350Z

I don't get tired of it, makes me feel better.

The ground was dry at the time, altough it did rain very hard the previous day.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:44 PM

Default UUU

I hope you get new car dude -couse they just might say - lets fix it....
Old 11-10-2003, 06:51 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

does it start? to say the least you got 2-3000 in body damage, hood, both quarter panels, bumper, rear bumper, ect, plus lights good for another 800 or so. then Im guessing the radiator is gone specially when you said it was smoking. does the engine start? thats probably gonna be the final straw.

Im not so sure the frame would have been damaged, the bumpers pressed, but I dont think enough to hit the frame... no suspension damage that I can see(wheels look perfect as well, no damage visible) they may decide to fix it, but I dont think thatd be the end of the world IMO.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:54 PM
Jsn350Z

front right rim is gone, can't tell in pics. It starts, but I am affraid it may be damaged. They made me drive it half a mile or so after it was wreaked (smoked like HELL!)
Old 11-10-2003, 07:01 PM
ml2316

that sucks. but don't take your health and well-being for granted. lots of people would love for this to be the biggest problem in their lives. not trying to belittle it, i'd be almost suicidal if this happened to me. but that's the advice i'd try to give to myself.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:00 PM
bk_r0x

It might be the wrong place to say this, but those wheels in that color on the Silverstone is SEXY!
Old 11-10-2003, 09:18 PM
ZilvahZ

Dannnng, after looking at those pics, I'm real sorry for ya man..that's a sweet car. But look at it this way you and your friend are both alive and well.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:49 PM
xray2

I am guessing about 2-3k per area, at least from what I have seen. Then of course the mechanical damage.

So maybe 10k + mechanical, just abotu %50 of value, so hopefully it's totalled.

If so, buy it back from the insurance company, make sure to haggle with them, and sell the rest of us the good parts, and make some cash for the troubles.
-Xray
Old 11-11-2003, 02:27 AM
BoostTed

Originally posted by Jsn350Z
front right rim is gone, can't tell in pics. It starts, but I am affraid it may be damaged. They made me drive it half a mile or so after it was wreaked (smoked like HELL!)
if insurace does not give you money for the wheels, Id go and take them off and put the stockers back on. At least that way you can sell the 3 good ones and recoup some of the money that way. Hell make me a good offer and i'll take them off your hands for u. And i know how u feel man this is my car at 2 weeks old. I barely got a chance to break it in. Still had the new car smell. I so hope the smell is still there when i get it back.
Old 11-11-2003, 06:34 AM
WashUJon

Default Re: :(

Originally posted by Jsn350Z
This is the worst thing to ever happen to be in my life. My Z is dead

Transfering from 17 to 85 towards Gilroy, on a slight turn, I must have hit something in the road because I felt a jolt, the car then lost control, slid sideways and smashed nose first into a cement wall, then spun around and made contact on the front again, then tossing it into another spin and smashed *** in to the wall, then coming to a stop... I got out of the car, and just about died right there. I have never seen something as bad as the view of my baby all smashed up. I cried for hours, and hours, and I am about to start again while writing about this. Coolant leaking all over, other liquids, smoke everywhere.

Six air bags in my car, NOT ONE CAME OUT!!!! NOT ONE! We DEFFINITLY hit hard enough for them to deploy.

I say we because I had my friend in the car. We are both fine with the exception of my purple pinky finger. Went to the hospital to check up, and all is ok.

I hope to god they decide to fix the car, the car could and never would be the same. There has GOT to be frame damage, the entire front end is smashed, door would barley open.

Will post the pics when I get them.

RIP 9/24/03 - 11/9/03 Such a short life
I'm really glad you're ok, dude!

Please notify the NHTSA that you crashed your car and NONE of the airbags deployed! That's a VERY serious safety issue! Thank god you're ok...
Old 11-11-2003, 01:43 PM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your car. But you are O.K.!!!!!! Thank G-d! You should be very thankful that you and your friend are BOTH ok. As far as the airbags not deploying, this scares me!!! I paid extra for the side airbags, i want them to work should i G-d forbid have an accident. You should contact the NHTSA and Nissan, this is serious!
Thank G-d your ok.
Old 11-12-2003, 06:27 PM
cincyspider

LOL...he's got alot more than 2-3k in body damage!! Sorry for the loss but you're looking at $12k+ to get that baby fixed! I got hit by a deer...yea, the stupid animal ran into me!! Big dent in driver side door, and rear 1/4 panel...they put new door skin on, and new 1/4 panel, and painter left side to blend it in....$3600.

Essentially...your whole car is going to have to be repainted.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:14 PM
spf4000

Sorry to hear about your car....

It doesn't look like there's enough damage to total the car, unless the engine really messed up. Usually, insurance companies won't total a car unless the repair costs are more than 60% of the value of the car. And since your car was so new, there would have to be more than $18,000 in damage to write that car off as totalled.
Old 11-14-2003, 04:34 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh man, Im sorrry to hear about this. Glad you are ok though. Watch that pinky finger.

i cant tell from the picture but it looks like from your engine bay foward the frame is bent. ?

Good luck, just be glad your ok.
Old 11-14-2003, 05:48 AM
kbomb

Glad u are ok man. I remember reading ur early posts on how u were so happy getting it. I was in a 3 car accident at an intersection myself. It was my fault but it happened so fast. One car hit the entire right side and the other hit half the left side and swerved away going over a sidewalk and down a hill next to a church. Thank God those people were ok. From that day, I never drove the same after that..More slower and cautious. Now everyone thinks I drive like a granny..but its ok with me....

Did the road have some uneven pavement? On my way to work,,,there is a big exit turn and alot of uneven ground...I always slow down to 50-55 to avoid bouncing off the ground...
Old 11-14-2003, 06:02 AM
Jsn350Z

"there would have to be more than $18,000 in damage to write that car off as totalled."

Well, we are up to 14k in damage and they have yet to strip the car apart to get a full estimate. They have yet to check my other front rim to see if it is bent, I do not think they have added the rear tail light on or alignment and all of that other stuff...It is going to be a close call....They have not added on the frame damage, hopefully that is an expensive repair (although it isnt that bad)

"i cant tell from the picture but it looks like from your engine bay foward the frame is bent. ?"

Yes, the front passenger corner. I am told by just about everyone and their mom that the frame damage is not a big deal and that people over do it. I am told once fixed you would NEVER be able to tell in any way at all.

Oh well, if they fix it, I will probably sell anyways.

Last edited by Jsn350Z; 11-14-2003 at 06:10 AM.