Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting bonus check, help me decide what to get...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 07:50 PM
adamciya350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Replace your spare tire in the trunk with 1 volk rim
Old 08-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Louis Vuitton sunglasses and a burger.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:16 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruthless18x
Luzz witton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pYOZduNhtY
Old 08-16-2010, 11:55 PM
Tackett

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruthless18x
I already got the sunglasses, I got the high end ones, so the burger had to be replaced with Ramen.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:56 PM
doshoru

4.083 FD would be the biggest performance upgrade you can get n/a....but you want to make sure the shop that's doing the install has the nissan-specific tools required, and is capable of correctly shimming it so that it's not too tight (too much heat) and not too loose (too much whine). I doubt you'll find a qualified place to install for $2-300.

Also, not sure what year your Z is, but if it's not an HR, you'll want to bump your rev limit via ecu flash/chip at the same time to really take advantage of the shorter gearing, which will be another several hundred.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:15 PM
TheWan

Don't get JUST the spring... later on, you're gunna end up replacing it for coilover anyway... read the "Mods you regret" thread. most say they end up replacing it with coil over.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:02 AM
Tackett

Originally Posted by TheWan
Don't get JUST the spring... later on, you're gunna end up replacing it for coilover anyway... read the "Mods you regret" thread. most say they end up replacing it with coil over.
There's no chance of me ever getting coilovers. Too expensive. They are over 1000 dollars for the cheap ones and good ones are 2000 plus. So that's just never going to happen.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:07 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by TheWan
Actually with the springs you still need to replace the shocks. $300 to $500 extra for them, and you will have to do it shortly after you install drop springs or if your stock shocks have 50 to 60k miles on them. Then of course the rear camber arms and toe bolts that will be needed.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:32 AM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tackett
Getting bonus check, help me decide what to get...

a life

Well if your itching to spend the money and not invest it then i'd say Intake and Exhaust for starters.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:58 AM
Tackett

Originally Posted by Dr. Venture
a life

Well if your itching to spend the money and not invest it then i'd say Intake and Exhaust for starters.
Dude did you not read the thread? I already have both Intake and exhaust. I have a life thank you, I have money in savings and it's not like this is the last money I'll ever see. Furthermore, in such an unstable economy, I think investing in anything that's not ammunition is unwise anyway.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Tackett

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Actually with the springs you still need to replace the shocks. $300 to $500 extra for them, and you will have to do it shortly after you install drop springs or if your stock shocks have 50 to 60k miles on them. Then of course the rear camber arms and toe bolts that will be needed.
Here. Info like this is the whole reason I started this thread.

I only have 40k miles on my 03. Do you think that I will have to replace the shocks and the springs? If that's the case the. I will have to hold off on them. Now if springs can't utilize the new shocks, then I would be better off buying coilovers since springs and shocks would be close to a grand together anyway.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Dr. Venture

Dude did you not read the thread? I already have both Intake and exhaust. I have a life thank you, I have money in savings and it's not like this is the last money I'll ever see. Furthermore, in such an unstable economy, I think investing in anything that's not ammunition is unwise anyway.
I read most of it yes.

I am getting a 800 dollar bonus check sep 1st. Man I can't decide what to get with it. I really want to get some new mods, but I just don't know what to do. 800 bucks can get me some cool stuff. So here is a list of things I think I can get for 800 beans...

4.09 gears, bought and installed will probably clean me out.

Dyno tune. (600 bucks right?)

New leather interior from leatherseats.com

Wheel spacer, tires, and lowering springs.

Clutch and lightened flywheel

I know of a place I can get a TK bumper for about 800.

Any suggestions that I don't have listed?

Thanks all.

Perhaps i did not read this right....but not to be a D!ck where does or did it say that you had or have an Intake and Exhaust?

What happens when you run out of ammunition? That is why i collect swords. When the gun fire noise has died out, i'll come out to play!

Last edited by Dr. Venture; 08-18-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:57 AM
Dr. Venture

Originally Posted by bmccann101
heres the best advice from a major impulse shopper haha.

Think of these 2 things and make your own choice..everyone has thier own taste etc.. but this may help you decide HOW to shop, not WHAT to shop for.

1- whats is something you really want but normally wouldnt have the patience to save for?
( maybe those seats? look at mine.. they are custom extasy line from eric at leatherseats.com.. tell hiim i sent you btw)
but seriously, theres stuff you can afford easier, like 100-200 dollar items..(spacers, springs etc..) for us paycheck to paycheck guys, we can sneak em into our normal 2 week check's "play money" .. but 800 bucks above your budget at once can get you some things most people may not spring for if they had to save up and wait.

2- most importantly, You want to buy the one thing ( or group) that you can COMPLETE w that amount with out HALF ASSING.

ie, dont buy stuff you know you will end up replacing w the real deal later on. Ive bought a cheap body kit, a set of drop springs, wings, interior carbon overlays etc.. all just to be discarded or sold when i got what I REALLY wanted later on, like coilovers, an auth jdm body kit, real wheels etc. )

When you think of it that way, it will be very clear what you really want for your car right now. Theres no better feeling than having something new .. but that also doesnt require anymore supporting equipment etc.. ie.. ITS DONE!

1. Vagina

2. Lots of Vagina

Just do some research on what you get the best bang for your buck with if your itching to spend it.

Last edited by Dr. Venture; 08-18-2010 at 11:43 AM. Reason: thought about it.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Armed Ferret

in such an unstable economy, I think investing in anything that's not ammunition is unwise anyway.
then buy ammo with your $800.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:07 PM
Tackett

Sigh....

/thread
Old 08-19-2010, 04:54 AM
Dr. Venture

what did you expect to happen asking us what to spend your money on?

After doing all that i did to my z, my advice is not to waste it on your z.

If you really are itching to spend it on the Z then i'd say 800 can get you pretty close to buying an Osiris kit for your Z. Tuning after that is not 600 bucks less you buy some type of package through the "tuning" company.

Do some research on that and then make your decision.

Hows that for a good answer?
Old 08-19-2010, 02:28 PM
screener
Banned

Save it for the 2012 Boss 302 Mustang.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:05 PM
TheWan

save 5.5k more and slap a twin turbo kit! (if you can put it on urself. XD) jk.
but seriously... just save for a coil over, or don't bother JUST doing the spring... stock is not that bad for handling, if you're going for lowering, you should go with new wheel instead anyway.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Tackett

Originally Posted by Dr. Venture
what did you expect to happen asking us what to spend your money on?

After doing all that i did to my z, my advice is not to waste it on your z.

If you really are itching to spend it on the Z then i'd say 800 can get you pretty close to buying an Osiris kit for your Z. Tuning after that is not 600 bucks less you buy some type of package through the "tuning" company.

Do some research on that and then make your decision.

Hows that for a good answer?
If I remember correctly I wanted opinions on what modifications to get, since this is a forum specifically for that purpose. Somehow I don't recall the name of this site being "my350z-and-amateur-financial-advise.com." However, lack of help and trolling comments are pretty much par for the course with you.

For the rest of you who actually gave me some well appreciated advise, thanks very much as always. will post pics of my purchase soon.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Dr. Venture

aww come on man. From 03 till now i'd expect one to know whats good for 800 being the z's been out for so long already.

I believe that telling you to save your money was a wise idea in the long run you'll come to find that out yourself as well. (with age)

How do you also know my abilities with banking? I perhaps might be a Financial adviser at a bank for that matter.

Regardless of the "trolling" comment answer me where you stated that you had an Intake and Exhaust when i originally through that idea out?

Quick Reply: Getting bonus check, help me decide what to get...