Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My pre-order Z is dead!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003 | 11:24 AM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

awww thats not so bad, doesnt look like any real frame damage, it was sorta off center there, yeah probably took out the suspension, but Id imagine at that point they just start replacing stuff not fixing it.

PS. I KNOW you wanna just reach in there grab that little amber strip in the headlight and send it my way PM me if your interested.
Old 11-13-2003 | 11:32 AM
cedusett

I can also vouch for ZPRESENCE... guy does awesome work. There's a complete thread with all of the work he did on the DB car, (called "I can't believe I'm doing this..."). Very nice.
Old 11-13-2003 | 12:10 PM
rouxeny

Definitely not totaled.

Keep us updated as to how things are going.

You'd be surprised at how good body shops can be now.
Old 11-13-2003 | 01:30 PM
Twizt

Sorry Ares, I'd have snagged it if I'd have known. That piece will probably just get chucked in the garbage when they tear it down.

I'm being tempted by the roadster, but the fact that this is the car I waited for 8 months for makes me want to keep it. It's my car!

The wife is 100% behind going for the ZR. So should I strike while the iron is hot? Or should I keep the car I waited so long for? And what about those hidden defects?

BTW I went ahead and had the car taken to Bill Ray Nissan today. I had already sent it to them when I saw the post about Zfrenzy. Too bad I didn't wait one more day!
Old 11-13-2003 | 02:21 PM
teh215

I didn't pre-order mine but if I waited 8 months for a car and spent that time counting the days until delivery, I would go out of my to keep that car. You might like the ZR but, you are never going to be bonded to it like you are the car you currently own. Maybe you should wait until the car gets fixed and then make up your mind. You definitely do not want to regret getting rid of it because you will carry that with you as you drive you new ZR. (Kinda like thinking about your old girlfriend while with a new one)...Good luck