Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

No longer a Z owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 12:31 AM
Fast281

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im 21 and own a Saleen and a 350Z. Mommy and Daddy have nothing to do with it. The thing i hate though is when someone drives or owns nice cars but still lives at home. When your out pimping it and find that hot chick what do you say ? "Can you not moan my parents are sleeping"

I say that even though im moving home lol. My parents really want me to move back so i can help them out. Plus while im home im going to be taking what i paid for rent and put in the bank. That way in a year ill have over $20k for a downpayment on a nice house. Its gonna suck living at home again But my girl is wounderfull and understands. Plus she knows its for us so we can have a house next year.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:56 AM
Grommit

Thats cool that many of you young men and women can buy their own car's, let alone expensive ones. I wish I had the money when I was that age. hehe. What do you guy's do for your money anyways? I am sure you work, but, what kind of job?

I'm 25 and when my Z ever get's there, it will be my first car that will be mine, all mine!!! I currently have a 1991 honda civic that I got from my folks that used to be my sisters, then my other sisters, then finally mine. So in that regards my parents bought me a car I guess, but the Z that I ordered, it is all my money (well, I guess God's money now that I accepted Christ ) but you get the point. Oh, my mom co-signed on my car for me since I didn't have enough credit to get a good rate so yeah, my parents did help me get my Z. Thanks mommy!!! :P

In the end, who cares. We all have our Z, right? So let's all enjoy our car's cause we are ALL lucky to be able to drive them. I just wish mine doesn't have feathering issues. *sigh*
Old 11-14-2003, 01:05 AM
Fast281

Originally posted by Grommit
Thats cool that many of you young men and women can buy their own car's, let alone expensive ones. I wish I had the money when I was that age. hehe. What do you guy's do for your money anyways? I am sure you work, but, what kind of job?

I'm 25 and when my Z ever get's there, it will be my first car that will be mine, all mine!!! I currently have a 1991 honda civic that I got from my folks that used to be my sisters, then my other sisters, then finally mine. So in that regards my parents bought me a car I guess, but the Z that I ordered, it is all my money (well, I guess God's money now that I accepted Christ ) but you get the point. Oh, my mom co-signed on my car for me since I didn't have enough credit to get a good rate so yeah, my parents did help me get my Z. Thanks mommy!!! :P

In the end, who cares. We all have our Z, right? So let's all enjoy our car's cause we are ALL lucky to be able to drive them. I just wish mine doesn't have feathering issues. *sigh*
I work for a Marketing Corporartion during the day. Thurs, Fri, Sat nights i bartend, and when im not doing any of that i do side computer jobs Ohh and i goto school full time Im a busy busy bee
Old 11-14-2003, 04:58 PM
fresno350

damn, all i did is ask how he can afford these cars at 18....no insult there. some people have a real sensitive spot on this forum for that question.....haha. if he was 18 and paid for it himself i would give him props.
Old 11-14-2003, 09:55 PM
TAF

*ready to recieve props* well I'm paying for 3/4th of it so I guess no props
Old 11-15-2003, 12:18 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by TAF
*ready to recieve props* well I'm paying for 3/4th of it so I guess no props
Hey man...i still give you props....at 18 like hell i'll be making 3/4th down payments on a Z!!! I'd make enough to pay for a beater!

But if your folks are generous enough then power to them....and if they trust you enough to give you the responsibility and power to pay 3/4ths of it...then good for you.

I mean they were blessed enough to initially help you buy a Z so what's wrong with some folks sharing some of their fortune with their son?
Old 11-15-2003, 07:42 PM
ml2316

there are probably plenty of families who can afford to buy their kids 30k cars. in fact i think it's something like 5% of the population. i think it goes: 5% of the world's population has 90% of the world's most spoiled children.
Old 11-16-2003, 12:00 AM
fresno350

3/4s? i give you props!!!
Old 11-16-2003, 07:04 AM
Caryl Chessman
Banned

my family could have afforded to get me a nice new car when i first got my driver's license, but they didn't. i had to work to buy my first piece of crap car. i was pizzed then, but i am a better person now and learned a lesson from it.
Old 11-16-2003, 09:40 AM
IMAZLPR

"PS:Anyone know of a good scratch remover one of my slightly less intelligent friends opened the back door with keys and hand and left a half an inch at most scratch above the handle"

are you sure that it wasnt you? just blaming on your friends right???

"slightly less intelligent me!" LOL j/k
Old 11-17-2003, 06:11 AM
Rxramon
Charter Member #45

FX45 good choice... I wish I lived at home.... my rent is 800 a month... imagine the mods I could have paid for....

My parents are considering moving to Austin from Houston, im talking them into buying a super big home and i can take the top floor for a couple of years... Bed room, seperate living room with minibar/mini kitchen.... thats all I need...

***also if the scratch looks bad, take it to a shop... dont mess with it yourself...
Old 11-17-2003, 07:25 AM
Losing-Grip

i understand where u r coming from. im 17 going on 18, and right now the thought of taking this impractical car to college is a scary thought. the most i can pack in it is a small bag in the back and some smaller items in the passenger seat. i have a Jeep Wrangler 96 which i could use to transport bigger items, but i changed the gearing and it now guzzles gas. so im left with using the parents car(s), which isnt a bad alternative, but whenever i want to do something that involves more space ill have to call them, pick up the car, and then drop the car off.

-j-
Old 11-17-2003, 07:53 AM
etx

I am 22, I pay for my Z by myself. I get really fired up when people say stuff like that. A couple months ago I was getting gas and this car load of kids about my age peeled out in some shitty buick and said "have fun in daddys car tonight!" so I chased them down a I beat the one kids ***. His friends wouldn't even help him out. I think everyone that says something like that should learn a lesson, but now I wish I hadn't beat the kid. Unless it's true of course. I even see older guys in 350's and they look at me with the same idea on thier face, my parrents pay for my Z. noooo way, I have a house and 2 nice cars. I pay for it all myself. Everyone in older Z's are cool, we give each other the wave like Z owners are supposed to do!

Shame on you, bitter old man! :P