Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Where is the Z I bought on my B-Day?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 11:04 AM
Zsilverstone13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is the Z I bought on my B-Day?

My friend test drove my Z when I first bought it 8 months ago, and he was not very impress(especially the transmission and the clutch). I just let him drove it again last week, and he had a total different opion on the Z. He said it was a lot smoother, and felt more powerfull than last time he drove. To be honest, I was not very impress with the Z either when I first bought it. I bouht the Z mainly because it is a Z. But lately, I also notice my Z has a little more punch than it used to(probably because the weather is finally cool down), and it run a lot smoother than before. Does anybody feel the same way?

I am going to test drive the RX-8 later today, just want to know what exactly people on the RX8club.com bragging about the Z is not much faster the the RX8(i just don't belive the 40+ hp and 80+ torque difference don't make the Z way faster than the 8).
Old 11-14-2003, 12:01 PM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The RX-8 is a fun car. But if you found yourself disappointed with the Z performance upon first impressions I don’t think you will like the performance of the 8 either. I had my mind already set pretty low on the performance of the 8, hoping that it would easily exceed my expectations . . .it did not. Yes the interior was nice and the car was sporty, but I would not give a Z up for one (Most 8 owners would not give up their 8 for a Z either, so its really equal there). BTW IMO, the 8 will probably out handle a Z (by small margin). But the Z's power and almost as good handling makes it an all around better performer on a track. With a little work the Z can be made to handle better (as with any car). One other note, not enough head room for me with a helmet.
Old 11-14-2003, 02:11 PM
Zsilverstone13

Just got back from the test drive, and the power of 8 is definetly not up to par with the Z. However, the 9000RMP red line is just too nice(i wish Z has a higer red line)......the rotery engine is very smooth, and the power,torque(althought not much) is very linear. Handleing is very good - I can go into a corner with higher speed than the Z, but not enought power when exiting the corner. Chasis feel very stiff, and the ride is more comfortabl than Z(I don't know why, it is actully comfortable, yet it does not have much body roll when changing lane or corning. Nissan, you need to work on this on the Z!!) The clutch of 8 is just way way way way short...almost like I can just use my ankle to engage/release it(took me 5 time to move the car from 1st gear). The shifter is also very smooth, and short. The interior is also very nice. I can definetly see why the 8's owners love thier rides. I am very tempting to change to 8 so I can actually take more than 1 passenger, if only they will sell one to me for 25K. Overall, it's a very nice car, if power is not what you are looking for.
Old 11-14-2003, 03:42 PM
Poison123
Google Bot

Becareul. if you've read alot of www.rx8forum.com you'll find alot of people are having Engine and Tranny problems now. Most of them are being completely replaced with new engines and trannys. Also remember the sticker HP on that car is still off