Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

CDN delivery tomorrow, testdrive notes from TODAY!! LONG!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 07:05 PM
Canadian350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CDN delivery tomorrow, testdrive notes from TODAY!! LONG!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

After months of waiting it has finally arrived!!!!

Was originally hoping to get the car before the long weekend but oh well...

Called my dealer this afternoon to see if the car had arrived at the dealer yet. They were in Concord last week, mine just hadn't come off the train yet.... anyways, it got there less than a 1/2 hour before I called. Told them to park it, I was on my way down... I wanted to take some shots of it before it was unwrapped...

Got to Woodchester Nissan, digital cam in hand and went hunting... met my dealer at the door and he took me around to the compound.... and there she was....

My Silverstone had arrived, still covered in plastic, dusty and dirty but it didn't matter... WOW...

First things, opened the hatch to look at the strut brace.... a work of art IMHO.... popped the doors... the window thing is pretty cool, and slipped in onto the waiting plastic covered Burnt Orange seats... SWEEEEEEET!!! I just sat there for a minute in awe.... only seeing one before (at the T.O. Auto Show) and not being able to touch it.... there is nothing better than the smell of leather..... for those curious there were 15km on the odometer (approx. 9 miles)... after recovering from my intense excitement I managed to crank off a few shots before the PDI guy came over and took it.... then I'm told that, even though it won't be ready for me to take it today... they can get it ready for the road... TEST DRIVE HEAVEN!!!

After waiting around for about an hour, pacing back and forth driving everyone in the dealership nuts... out it comes.... still clad in all of it's shrink-wrapped glory.... immediately there is a crowd around the car.... and here my dealer and I come... dealer tag in hand.....

We drove from the dealership (Woodchester, Mississauga) out onto the 403 northbound and around to Erin Mills, south and back to the dealership.

Impressions:

Exterior - Silverstone looks very rich, even through dirt. The lines are smooth and strong and it looks wider in person.

Interior - After hearing so much about the interior, lack of rearview, fit & finish, seat warmer buttons, storage compartments, etc., etc., I expected the worst...

Rear visibility - It's a sliver. You can see all you need to see but it's a sliver. Side mirrors will really come in handy, especially during any parallel parking exercise.

Fit & finish - I don't know what everyone is complaining about!?!?!? The interior is very clean. Not a lot of crap everywhere, which, for me, is excellent. No messing around with all this eye candy. Give me what I need, where I need it and we'll get along great! Materials suit the application. No mess, no fuss... this isn't a "Luxury" sportscar..... but it is a Sportscar through and through.... Leather dashboards and door panels, while nice don't make the car go any faster or perform better.... as far as fit, everything looked great...

Storage - Awkward, yes. Coffee cup holders, yikes! There is a fair amount of storage space, scattered everywhere but it is there... you shouldn't be keeping stuff in your car anyways.... every little bit of weight counts

Seat warmer buttons - watch that elbow!

Didn't really try the BOSE... didn't expect to get to drive it so I forgot my Van Halen/1984 disc at home (Panama baby... first song!!!)

Driving - smooth, precise and refined. Watching that 4000 limit was tough.... the car just wants more... you can feel it egging you on.... braking was strong and straight.... power was deceptively sneaky..... this 6-speed will take some getting used to.... tried dropping it and hit 4th a couple of times.... used to to many 5-speeds.....

I'm sure there is nothing really new here, just a confirmation of other's observations....

Didn't notice any orange peel... car was still covered and dirty...

Will post pics tomorrow...

Taking delivery at 10:00am tomorrow morning (Wed) at Woodchester Infiniti Nissan in Mississauga for anyone who cares...

Also, can't forget, special thanks to the crew down there. I'm sure I've been a bit of a pain the last couple of weeks... they're a great bunch of folks down there. Big shout out to Sean, John and Ron!
Old 09-03-2002, 07:35 PM
azmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations Canadian350z. Man.. u must be excited. I saw one the other day, same combo Silverstone/burnt orange looks sweet. Good luck with the pick up. Enjoy it.