Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 07:06 PM
JEKL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
Some of you, old and young, are in desperate need of a reality check. Being over 25 doesn't make you infallible and making your own car payments doesn't make you responsible. Someone being younger than you doesn't automatically make them less intelligent and/or less responsible. Show some respect to your fellow man. If you're a kid that doesn't pay for your car, that's great. Good for your parents for being successful and having the means to give their kids nice things. I hope they judged you well enough and you don't kill yourself, but I know plenty of 17-18 year olds that would be just fine in the z. I don't own a z, but at 20 I KNOW I am more than responsible enough and experienced enough to own one. Here's a mind blower for you "old farts," I made more this year in a matter of months, with Ford and Zoltek stock, than most people on this forum likely make in a year and I haven't spent a dime of it yet. The original money came from working part time. If I buy a z with my own money, am I any less deserving simply because I'm 20 or is there some magical cutoff after your teens that makes you deserving and responsible enough? You're blind and stubborn if you think so. The 30 year old men arguing with 17 year olds and calling them names are just as childish and probably just as irresponsible. Maybe you don't "deserve" to drive a z. Maturity doesn't always come with age.
You made $80k so far this year?
Old 03-15-2010, 07:15 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What are you rambling about? I could care less if you want to "[take] me in as a friend" I'm not worried about what some random guy that spends all of his time on the internet thinks of me.
On the contrary... what are YOU rambling on about?

If you "could care less," that means you care a bit. I'm honored. Did I say I wanted to ta you in "as a friend?" Point out where I specifically stated that. Certainly you didn't get confused when I said it was basically the same situation? I hope you aren't that stupid.

Yep, I spend all my time on the internet. 12 hour shifts, and I somehow spend my entire day here. Makes perfect sense.

If you truly don't care about what people on the internet think of you... why are you trying to talk so highly of yourself so as to make a point?
Old 03-15-2010, 08:04 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ford: 12.22 low to 13.34 high
Zoltec: 7.51 low this year, 10.14 high

So how many shares did you have?
Old 03-15-2010, 08:17 PM
Hsummer

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Vote Democrat.
This made my night
Old 03-15-2010, 08:37 PM
8cd03gro

Originally Posted by Spork
On the contrary... what are YOU rambling on about?

If you "could care less," that means you care a bit. I'm honored. Did I say I wanted to ta you in "as a friend?" Point out where I specifically stated that. Certainly you didn't get confused when I said it was basically the same situation? I hope you aren't that stupid.

It's an idiomatic expression. You know exactly what was meant by it and if you don't you must really spend all of your time on the internet.

Yep, I spend all my time on the internet. 12 hour shifts, and I somehow spend my entire day here. Makes perfect sense.

Sorry, the 24,000 posts are misleading

If you truly don't care about what people on the internet think of you... why are you trying to talk so highly of yourself so as to make a point?
I'm not speaking highly of myself. I'm stating facts about myself that are contrary to the generalized opinion of younger people you and others here seem to have.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:39 PM
8cd03gro

Originally Posted by JEKL
You made $80k so far this year?
I didn't mean this year as in 2010. I meant this year as in the past 52wks. My bad, should have said past year.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:40 PM
Hsummer

^ quote fail
Old 03-15-2010, 08:45 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

VO(sits back and chews popcorn)
Old 03-15-2010, 08:53 PM
Hexxus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pay stubs or lies.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:58 PM
JEKL

Let's try this again...

I made more this year in a matter of months, with Ford and Zoltek stock, than most people on this forum likely make in a year
I didn't mean this year as in 2010. I meant this year as in the past 52wks. My bad, should have said past year.
So by "in a matter of months" you meant "the past 52 weeks"? Sounds like a pretty simple mistake.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:02 PM
Spork

^ He doesn't seem too intelligent for a "responsible" and "mature" person.

I'm not speaking highly of myself. I'm stating facts about myself that are contrary to the generalized opinion of younger people you and others here seem to have.
Idiomatic expression... Oh! You mean, "couldn't care less?"

Certainly, 20k+ posts after 3 years must mean I spend all my time here. There are quite a few people here that obviously have no lives, since post count = everything.

Generalized opinion of younger people... Yes, I hate them. Why? I have to live with and deal with these losers all the time. A large part of my generation, and most of the next generation(s) can off themselves and this world would be a better place.

Last edited by Spork; 03-15-2010 at 09:03 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:02 PM
8cd03gro

Originally Posted by JEKL
Let's try this again...

So by "in a matter of months" you meant "the past 52 weeks"? Sounds like a pretty simple mistake.
Uh, no. I made most of the profits in a matter of 4-5 months. It just wasn't in 2010, it was mid-late 2009. My meaning was, ". . .[in] this [past] year, in a matter of months" Overall income for the past 365 days, with the majority made in a 4-5 months time. Did I say my statement, "in a matter of months" meant in the past 52 weeks? No. I said the statement, "this year" meant in the past 52 weeks or ONE YEAR. Get it?

EDIT: P.S. I highly doubt the average annual income on this site is $80k.

^ He doesn't seem too intelligent for a "responsible" and "mature" person.

Idiomatic expression... Oh! You mean, "couldn't care less?"

Certainly, 20k+ posts after 3 years must mean I spend all my time here. There are quite a few people here that obviously have no lives, since post count = everything.

Generalized opinion of younger people... Yes, I hate them. Why? I have to live with and deal with these losers all the time. A large part of my generation, and most of the next generation(s) can off themselves and this world would be a better place.
No, I mean exactly what I said. Idiomatic means it is characteristic of a specific language or culture. You usually won't hear people use the slangy, sarcastic, IDIOMATIC mutation of the original phrase anywhere, but the US. There are plenty of nonsensical phrases that developed from other, more proper phrases that are commonly used in the US all the time.

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-ico1.htm

An average of over 23 posts a day IS spending way too much time on the internet in my opinion. I can't say I'm surprised that you're trying to attack my intelligence. A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult. I'm no Christian, but the proverb fits well.

Last edited by 8cd03gro; 03-15-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:12 AM
Spork

Uh, no. I made most of the profits in a matter of 4-5 months. It just wasn't in 2010, it was mid-late 2009. My meaning was, ". . .[in] this [past] year, in a matter of months" Overall income for the past 365 days, with the majority made in a 4-5 months time. Did I say my statement, "in a matter of months" meant in the past 52 weeks? No. I said the statement, "this year" meant in the past 52 weeks or ONE YEAR. Get it?

No, I mean exactly what I said. Idiomatic means it is characteristic of a specific language or culture. You usually won't hear people use the slangy, sarcastic, IDIOMATIC mutation of the original phrase anywhere, but the US. There are plenty of nonsensical phrases that developed from other, more proper phrases that are commonly used in the US all the time.

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-ico1.htm

An average of over 23 posts a day IS spending way too much time on the internet in my opinion. I can't say I'm surprised that you're trying to attack my intelligence. A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult. I'm no Christian, but the proverb fits well.
Look up a thread for our average annual income.
The lower ones are the kids with their allowances.

"Could care less" still has a literal meaning, regardless of what one person'(s)' take on it is . There's a reason certain incorrect words/phrases are used mostly in the US...

I like how you changed your targeted argument. You do care what internet people think.

Address my other statement. My (our) generation is still full of [useless] f@gs.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:05 AM
pmab9918

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you even end up getting a Z or do you still have the Maserati Gran Sport? lol
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/member.php?u=374
Old 03-16-2010, 02:33 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Mine is.

I can't say I'm surprised that you're trying to attack my intelligence. A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult.
We've overlooked a lot over the years. You are not the first and won't be the last.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:36 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by pmab9918
did you even end up getting a Z or do you still have the Maserati Gran Sport? lol
OOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=jHjF...eature=related
Old 03-16-2010, 06:31 AM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Look up a thread for our average annual income.
The lower ones are the kids with their allowances.
The average income was pretty high if I remember correctly
Old 03-16-2010, 06:52 AM
Legacy406

Received 3,381 Likes on 2,663 Posts

I've lost faith in humanity
Old 03-16-2010, 07:25 AM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pmab9918
Oh noes!!!!!
Old 03-16-2010, 08:58 AM
pmab9918

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
OOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=jHjF...eature=related
Hahahaha you just had me dying! Oh **** my side...

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...