Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Y'all have got them all figured out.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:42 PM
JEKL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Little_Kiser
yes im a 17 year old from South Carolina. i am part of the ASE Certified, been around cars and motors since i was born, started on racing jet ski's. yes most people are going to say "hell no your not getting a 350z" yet my parents have rode with me and both agree i can handle the car when i am driving it. I havent gotten but one ticket and it randomly was in in wrangler, haha a joke i know but yeah it is true. i make my payment for my car working 3 jobs and attend high school full time, play baseball looking to play for a D1 school after HS. so i think i am fine driving my 350z.
You have only had your license 1 year. Not very impressive to have a ticket per year. That's like me saying I am 35 and have only had 19 tickets.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Hexxus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd have said, "I dare you."
Old 03-14-2010, 03:16 PM
drumbum3600

i've read through pretty much the past ten pages and this whole thread is extremely pathetic imo. We are all 350z owners and this is a forum to talk about our love for the car. why do some of you feel the need to turn and attack each other because of age?

if you paid for it....cool good job. and if you didn't pay for it.....lucky you. its not like one way or the other makes you a better person. those who did pay shouldn't feel the need to just cut down everyone else who was fortunate enough to have their car paid for. and those who have had their car paid for should be grateful for what they were given.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:23 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Little_Kiser
1. 95 Jeep Wrangler 2.5lt
2. 94 Ford Probe Gt tuned and turbocharged
3. 92 240sx coupe, motor swapped for a sr20det, highly tuned and turbocharged1
4. 2003 350z touring model, minor mods

yes im a 17 year old from South Carolina. i am part of the ASE Certified2, been around cars and motors since i was born, started on racing jet ski's3. yes most people are going to say "hell no your not getting a 350z" yet my parents have rode with me and both agree i can handle the car when i am driving it.4 I havent gotten but one ticket5 and it randomly was in in wrangler, haha a joke i know but yeah it is true. i make my payment for my car working 3 jobs and attend high school full time, play baseball looking to play for a D1 school after HS.6 so i think i am fine driving my 350z.
comment if you feel like, positive or negative i can handle both feedback's
1) So you owned/drove a 500+rwhp 240SX?
2) ASE Certified... You mean those mail-order "certifications?"
3) Racing jet skis is so similar to automobiles.
4) What exactly makes you "able to handle" it? Have they tested you in every aspect of owning a rwd sports car?
5) Got a ticket at/before 17 years of age. Off to a great start.
6) 3 jobs, high school, and time for sports? Either taking out the trash and cleaning your room is a job, you don't sleep, or you somehow magically have 40 hour days.

Quit trying to fool people. Your parents bought you a car that you don't deserve. Just admit it and stop trying to justify your selfish "wants" that drain mommy and daddy's wallet.

Originally Posted by drumbum3600
i've read through pretty much the past ten pages and this whole thread is extremely pathetic imo. We are all 350z owners and this is a forum to talk about our love for the car. why do some of you feel the need to turn and attack each other because of age?

if you paid for it....cool good job. and if you didn't pay for it.....lucky you. its not like one way or the other makes you a better person. those who did pay shouldn't feel the need to just cut down everyone else who was fortunate enough to have their car paid for. and those who have had their car paid for should be grateful for what they were given.
Arrogant, undeserving children [asshats] are not welcome into our family.

Last edited by Spork; 03-14-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by Spork

Arrogant, undeserving children [asshats] are not welcome into our family.
^ This
Old 03-14-2010, 05:09 PM
BornSlippyZ

^+1K I second that!

Well said Spork.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:32 PM
JEKL

Originally Posted by drumbum3600

Old 03-15-2010, 12:34 AM
8cd03gro

Some of you, old and young, are in desperate need of a reality check. Being over 25 doesn't make you infallible and making your own car payments doesn't make you responsible. Someone being younger than you doesn't automatically make them less intelligent and/or less responsible. Show some respect to your fellow man. If you're a kid that doesn't pay for your car, that's great. Good for your parents for being successful and having the means to give their kids nice things. I hope they judged you well enough and you don't kill yourself, but I know plenty of 17-18 year olds that would be just fine in the z. I don't own a z, but at 20 I KNOW I am more than responsible enough and experienced enough to own one. Here's a mind blower for you "old farts," I made more this year in a matter of months, with Ford and Zoltek stock, than most people on this forum likely make in a year and I haven't spent a dime of it yet. The original money came from working part time. If I buy a z with my own money, am I any less deserving simply because I'm 20 or is there some magical cutoff after your teens that makes you deserving and responsible enough? You're blind and stubborn if you think so. The 30 year old men arguing with 17 year olds and calling them names are just as childish and probably just as irresponsible. Maybe you don't "deserve" to drive a z. Maturity doesn't always come with age.

Last edited by 8cd03gro; 03-15-2010 at 12:46 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:53 AM
Hsummer

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
Some of you, old and young, are in desperate need of a reality check. Being over 25 doesn't make you infallible and making your own car payments doesn't make you responsible. Someone being younger than you doesn't automatically make them less intelligent and/or less responsible. Show some respect to your fellow man. If you're a kid that doesn't pay for your car, that's great. Good for your parents for being successful and having the means to give their kids nice things. I hope they judged you well enough and you don't kill yourself, but I know plenty of 17-18 year olds that would be just fine in the z. I don't own a z, but at 20 I KNOW I am more than responsible enough and experienced enough to own one. Here's a mind blower for you "old farts," I made more this year in a matter of months, with Ford and Zoltek stock, than most people on this forum likely make in a year. The original money came from working part time. If I buy a z with my own money am I any less deserving simply because I'm 20? You're blind and stubborn if you think so. The 30 year old men arguing with 17 year olds and calling them names are just as childish and probably just as irresponsible. Maybe you don't "deserve" to drive a z. Maturity doesn't always come with age.
Its not the fact that they didn't buy it, its the fact that they make ridiculous claims that they did. Most people on this forum don't care if you bought the car yourself or your parents bought it for you. When a 17 year old tries to make everyone believe that they work 3 jobs, are still in high school, and can afford a Z, it is an insult to my intelligence.

Do you really believe that someone going to school full time can work 3 jobs? Not only that, but that someone with less than a high school education would be hard pressed to find a job paying much over minimum wage.

Maturity may not come with age, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't come with blowing all your money on a depreciating asset either.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:57 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Some of you, old and young, are in desperate need of a reality check. Being over 25 doesn't make you infallible and making your own car payments doesn't make you responsible. Someone being younger than you doesn't automatically make them less intelligent and/or less responsible. Show some respect to your fellow man. If you're a kid that doesn't pay for your car, that's great. Good for your parents for being successful and having the means to give their kids nice things. I hope they judged you well enough and you don't kill yourself, but I know plenty of 17-18 year olds that would be just fine in the z. I don't own a z, but at 20 I KNOW I am more than responsible enough and experienced enough to own one. Here's a mind blower for you "old farts," I made more this year in a matter of months, with Ford and Zoltek stock, than most people on this forum likely make in a year and I haven't spent a dime of it yet. The original money came from working part time. If I buy a z with my own money, am I any less deserving simply because I'm 20 or is there some magical cutoff after your teens that makes you deserving and responsible enough? You're blind and stubborn if you think so. The 30 year old men arguing with 17 year olds and calling them names are just as childish and probably just as irresponsible. Maybe you don't "deserve" to drive a z. Maturity doesn't always come with age.
Posting on an internet forum in an attempt to declare your maturity isn't very mature.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:10 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Here's a mind blower for you "old farts," I made more this year in a matter of months, with Ford and Zoltek stock, than most people on this forum likely make in a year and I haven't spent a dime of it yet. The original money came from working part time.
Making mad 'vestments is old news. I expected something more original.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:10 AM
8cd03gro

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Making mad 'vestments is old news. I expected something more original.
Sorry my financial decisions aren't exciting enough for you.

Originally Posted by Spork
Posting on an internet forum in an attempt to declare your maturity isn't very mature.
1. Where did I "declare my maturity?" Explain to me how somehow a post regarding the immaturity of the older and younger members here is a declaration of my own maturity.
2. Whatever you want to call my post, it's not arguing with 17 year olds about how they or their parents spend their money and calling them names. Why do you have any input on who deserves what? It's not your money and they're not your kids. Maybe I don't think you deserve your income in your career, but I'm not going to say that because it's rude and disrespectful and frankly, I'm not a jack ***. That's not to say this is the case, I'm just making an analogy.

Originally Posted by Hsummer
Its not the fact that they didn't buy it, its the fact that they make ridiculous claims that they did. Most people on this forum don't care if you bought the car yourself or your parents bought it for you. When a 17 year old tries to make everyone believe that they work 3 jobs, are still in high school, and can afford a Z, it is an insult to my intelligence.

Do you really believe that someone going to school full time can work 3 jobs? Not only that, but that someone with less than a high school education would be hard pressed to find a job paying much over minimum wage.

Maturity may not come with age, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't come with blowing all your money on a depreciating asset either.
That may be your position, but it not the apparent position of many of the older members in this thread. I don't believe that kid's story about 3 jobs, full time school and playing sports, nor do I necessarily agree with any of his statements. My point is, some of the people here are making ridiculous generalizations based on age. Along with what I posted previously, you guys need to realize that z's aren't ferraris. They are getting cheap. Hell you can pick up a decent mileage 03-06 for under 12k. That's not exactly super expensive or unattainable for a high school student with a decent job and some saving habits.

Last edited by 8cd03gro; 03-15-2010 at 08:17 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:13 AM
Therdeeeee
Banned

Ahahaha there's a bunch of hater's here,

AND THEY THOUGH THEY KNOW EVERYTHING...
Old 03-15-2010, 08:23 AM
BornSlippyZ

@ 8cd ^I do not care about the 17 year old's car, it is about their attitude on this forum.

Last edited by BornSlippyZ; 03-15-2010 at 08:23 AM. Reason: more info
Old 03-15-2010, 08:44 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dave079
Grammar FTL.

Goodbye again little boy
I'll say one thing, the boy sure is tenacious! Keep sniffin' him out Dave.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:13 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by dave079
BTW for the lulz that kid pm'd me and said he is going to report me to my boss on here for this thread.
Yes, we shall make sure to properly file that complaint...

Old 03-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is so hard for people to understand about this?

If you come on the forum and tell us that you are 17 and mommy and daddy bought you a Z and you're very proud to drive it and you do what you can to pay them back and you get good grades on no speeding tickets or they will take it away then you're welcome to hang out.

If you show up and tell us that you're a rich badass because you run your own bike tire inflating business from your parents' house (which you just paid off for them) and you compete in races every day after school in your Z which no one else paid for except for you and you didn't even have a cosigner and your cack is 3 meters long...

Well, you get the idea.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:34 AM
chunky_baby

Originally Posted by vo7848
Yes, we shall make sure to properly file that complaint...

OMFG I almost spat all over my screen... good job I was on mute on a call too lol.

This is like one of those shooting games where things pop up all the time. Just as a couple get owned or banned, another couple of idiots pop up for more...

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...