Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 03:47 PM
BloodRedZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ
Take Warren Buffet for example, he still lives in his 2000sqft home and drives a Crown Vic to work everyday. What does he know about being rich and successful.
Warren Buffet has brass *****.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:04 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by colin8868
LMAO that's all you came up with? that I spelled a few words wrong? and your saying im crying? I'm pretty sure this thread is about older people crying about young kids with nicer cars then they had when they were young. you just jealous that I'm 19 and have a brand new 350z and your 40 driving the same car as me thinking your cool. haha pathetic
We're not crying. This whole thread is a trap for you dumbass kids to come in here just like you did and mouth off a bunch of crap (just like you are doing)

Tell us how jealous we are again.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

I used to make 30/hour at my dads Vending company, but he had a heart attack and Triple By pass sugury and hasn't been working for the last year so I've been running it for him.
USED to??
Old 03-25-2010, 04:07 PM
pmab9918

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wub this fread
Old 03-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by Spork
This can go further, now.
*** rape?
Old 03-25-2010, 04:58 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

So when I said you were 40 years old earlier, and you said yeah... 40... sure, your now confirming that. thanks
still fail cuz I am 27. 300th page post celebration.

Last edited by dikspiel; 03-25-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:08 PM
JEKL

I will go to school full time when my dad is healthy enough to work again. I went to school part time to get my real estate lisense and will be going to school for firefighting hopefully next year.
You don't go to school for a real estate license or to be a fire fighter. Those are called classes. Don't make it out to be something it isn't. School gives you an education that makes you marketable. Classes give you the ability to do one single thing. Fire fighter pay is for suckers and you know who is making money in real estate right now? Seasoned people, not 19 year old former vending machine service guys.

And by the way, if you express the amount of money you make in terms of /hour, you have a chit job. Big boys make /year.

and why is that a problem??
The problem with putting down $24k is that you just paid cash for a depreciating asset. Your purchase lost 10% of it's value in 24 hours, great job! A smart move would have been to get a low interest car loan and invest the money in something that returns a higher yield than the car loan.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:20 PM
Darkager

Originally Posted by JEKL
You don't go to school for a real estate license or to be a fire fighter. Those are called classes. Don't make it out to be something it isn't. School gives you an education that makes you marketable. Classes give you the ability to do one single thing. Fire fighter pay is for suckers and you know who is making money in real estate right now? Seasoned people, not 19 year old former vending machine service guys.

And by the way, if you express the amount of money you make in terms of /hour, you have a chit job. Big boys make /year.

The problem with putting down $24k is that you just paid cash for a depreciating asset. Your purchase lost 10% of it's value in 24 hours, great job! A smart move would have been to get a low interest car loan and invest the money in something that returns a higher yield than the car loan.
LOL I like your attitude....
The only thing I question is, at nineteen years old, MOST kids don't know the first thing about investing. So, honestly, I doubt he would know where to invest the extra money. A short term, low interest loan would be great for a 19 yr old to establish credit history, too. i.e. if you put a few thousand down, get a 3-4 year loan, just pay double your payment each month and you will knock off about a year or year and a half of your loan duration and eliminate a lot of interest that would be accrued. At 19, you should be focusing on building your credit strength unless you're a millionaire.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:29 PM
JEKL

Originally Posted by Darkager
LOL I like your attitude....
The only thing I question is, at nineteen years old, MOST kids don't know the first thing about investing. So, honestly, I doubt he would know where to invest the extra money. A short term, low interest loan would be great for a 19 yr old to establish credit history, too. i.e. if you put a few thousand down, get a 3-4 year loan, just pay double your payment each month and you will knock off about a year or year and a half of your loan duration and eliminate a lot of interest that would be accrued. At 19, you should be focusing on building your credit strength unless you're a millionaire.
I completely agree. I think the point many people are trying to make, but these kids are too stupid to understand, is that they are clueless to what the real world is like. They like to come in here and brag about owning an average sports car at such a young age. When you peal back the layers you usually find out that they have no education, no future, live at home with mommy/daddy, have a chitty job and exaggerate their *** off.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:35 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^
Old 03-25-2010, 05:54 PM
Darkager

Right, when the reality is, I really don't care what any of you make at whatever age... It has no direct effect on me, so it really doesn't matter. I pretty much ignore any claims to financial prowess coming from anyone on the internet. It's honestly just pointless. People who post that kind of stuff are either (1) lying, (2) truthful and have an inferiority complex on some level and feel like they have something to prove, (3) trying to gain acceptance through perceived envy (which is ridiculous over the internet), or (4) trolling. I honestly don't see any point in expressing your financial situation unless you're using yourself as an example to guide others to learn from your mistakes or wise decisions. And in the case of the latter, your post would come with lots of detail and not in the form of "LOLOL I'M 18 AND OWN A 350Z AND I WORK 3 JOBS AND PAID FOR IT ALL MYSELF AND OWN MY OWN HOUSE AND DONT PUNCTUATE"
Old 03-25-2010, 06:55 PM
colin8868

Originally Posted by Darkager
Right, when the reality is, I really don't care what any of you make at whatever age... It has no direct effect on me, so it really doesn't matter. I pretty much ignore any claims to financial prowess coming from anyone on the internet. It's honestly just pointless. People who post that kind of stuff are either (1) lying, (2) truthful and have an inferiority complex on some level and feel like they have something to prove, (3) trying to gain acceptance through perceived envy (which is ridiculous over the internet), or (4) trolling. I honestly don't see any point in expressing your financial situation unless you're using yourself as an example to guide others to learn from your mistakes or wise decisions. And in the case of the latter, your post would come with lots of detail and not in the form of "LOLOL I'M 18 AND OWN A 350Z AND I WORK 3 JOBS AND PAID FOR IT ALL MYSELF AND OWN MY OWN HOUSE AND DONT PUNCTUATE"
lol yeah LIKE DO I REALLY GIVE A **** ABOUT TAKING FINANCIAL ADVICE FROM PEOPLE ON A FORUM!! YOU KNOW HOW GOOD IT FEELS TO BE ABLE TO WALK INTO NISSAN AND SAY HERES 24,000 BUCKS GET ME IN A 350Z, YOU WISH YOU COULD DO THAT. LMAO IM 19 AND OWN A 350Z AND A MOTORCYCLE AND I PROBABLY MAKE MORE MONEY THEN YOU SO WHY R U TRYING TO GIVE ME ADVICE, YOU KNOW HOW MUCH ***** I GET, TOO BAD YOU DIDN'T HAVE A Z AT 19
Old 03-25-2010, 06:57 PM
colin8868

Originally Posted by jekl
you don't go to school for a real estate license or to be a fire fighter. Those are called classes. Don't make it out to be something it isn't. School gives you an education that makes you marketable. Classes give you the ability to do one single thing. Fire fighter pay is for suckers and you know who is making money in real estate right now? Seasoned people, not 19 year old former vending machine service guys.

lmao i live in toronto its a bit different then the states, you do go to college for firefighting and they make 85,000 a year here and only work 7 days a month, so im not sure how that is for suckers sounds pretty good to me budddddy
Old 03-25-2010, 07:41 PM
JEKL

lmao i live in toronto its a bit different then the states, you do go to college for firefighting and they make 85,000 a year here and only work 7 days a month, so im not sure how that is for suckers sounds pretty good to me budddddy
Considering the cost of living difference, shave off about $15,000 - $20,000 of that to equate to what that would be worth in the US. Sounds a little less impressive now doesn't it?
Old 03-25-2010, 08:32 PM
TittieZ

This story sounds familiar... Still full of fail though! You think you might get some variance in these kids stories, but they're all the same...
Old 03-25-2010, 08:41 PM
colin8868

Originally Posted by TittieZ
This story sounds familiar... Still full of fail though! You think you might get some variance in these kids stories, but they're all the same...
lmao you guys are jokes im 19 and have acomplished more than you will ever i know thats why you hate on me can you say that when you were 19 you ran your own business, had a 350z a motorcycle real estate lisence and going to college for firefighting.. I bet not. I'm done with this conversation you guys all act like you something special and make hundreds of thousands of dollars and I know none of you do because for 1) you wouldn't own a Z and for 2) you wouldn't spend your time on this forum
Old 03-25-2010, 08:49 PM
350ztttt

Colin shut up; you sound kind of silly.

Everyone else, leave him alone, entertain yourselves in other ways.

I'm 20, Dad bought me a Z when I was 18. I'm grateful for it. I've even had a speeding ticket. But that's my situation, don't be jealous of other people who happen to be in it. None of us really deserve anything we have, it all just happens. Everyone's situation is so different, how can we compare them? The fact is, life is full of good and bad, but the good and bad differs from person to person, and it is never equally distributed.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:50 PM
FineWine

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lmao you guys are jokes im 19 and have acomplished more than you will ever i know thats why you hate on me can you say that when you were 19 you ran your own business, had a 350z a motorcycle real estate lisence and going to college for firefighting.. I bet not. I'm done with this conversation you guys all act like you something special and make hundreds of thousands of dollars and I know none of you do because for 1) you wouldn't own a Z and for 2) you wouldn't spend your time on this forum
You have a lot to learn about life colin.

Better get started.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:51 PM
colin8868

Originally Posted by 350ztttt
Colin shut up; you sound kind of silly.

Everyone else, leave him alone, entertain yourselves in other ways.

I'm 20, Dad bought me a Z when I was 18. I'm grateful for it. I've even had a speeding ticket. But that's my situation, don't be jealous of other people who happen to be in it. None of us really deserve anything we have, it all just happens. Everyone's situation is so different, how can we compare them? The fact is, life is full of good and bad, but the good and bad differs from person to person, and it is never equally distributed.
explain to me how I sound silly ?
Old 03-25-2010, 08:53 PM
350ztttt

This thread, its idea, premise, and the conversations inside is the only real fail I can see.

Privileged kids, don't brag. Those who got a car from the sweat of their backs, try to be happy for us.

Moderaters, please lock this dumb $hit so people stop getting e-fired up about nothing.

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...