Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 06:36 PM
SLCPunk267

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
It's refreshing to see a young member of the next generation of Z drivers who is not an illiterate and delusional douchebag.

Welcome to the forum and the VQ community.
Thanks. Coming from a Maxima, I know enough about the VQ to find my way around. But I'm still not totally familiar with the Z platform so I'll be reading up for sure.

Originally Posted by marhot
Yeah, but bor - ing ....

...next.
My bad. Sorry I couldn't provide you with the epic lulz you were looking for.

The douches will come, you can count on it. I know a few kids in my area who drive Z's/G's that daddy bought that I could introduce to the forum if you'd like.

Last edited by SLCPunk267; 05-13-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:30 AM
marhot

Originally Posted by SLCPunk267

My bad. Sorry I couldn't provide you with the epic lulz you were looking for.
That's what this is all about about

... but, NP, there are plenty 17 year olds out there.... next ...
Old 05-14-2010, 12:49 PM
chunky_baby

The douches will come, you can count on it. I know a few kids in my area who drive Z's/G's that daddy bought that I could introduce to the forum if you'd like.
Please do!
Old 05-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Starchecker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you guys think 17 year olds getting 350Z's from their daddies sucks, wait til you hear this.

I just picked up my car from a paint and body shop becaause some beamer didn't set the parking brake or have it in gear and for the 4th TIME I got my rear bumper dingged.

Well as I am picking it up from the shop the guy asks if I can stick around for about 30 minutes, becuase he is about to pick up a GTR.

I'm like wait a minute, what do you have to do to a GTR.

Apparently the driver backed into something so just some light body work. But here is the best part. It's the 4th time the GTR has been in because, you guessed it, it belongs to a 19 year old kid who keeps running into stuff. LOL

When I was in high school I almost killed myself countless times in a station wagon, I would have never survived if I had a 350Z in HS and they are giving this kid a GTR?

Nice parenting. Looks like it's paying off too.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:54 PM
colin8868

Originally Posted by Starchecker
If you guys think 17 year olds getting 350Z's from their daddies sucks, wait til you hear this.

I just picked up my car from a paint and body shop becaause some beamer didn't set the parking brake or have it in gear and for the 4th TIME I got my rear bumper dingged.

Well as I am picking it up from the shop the guy asks if I can stick around for about 30 minutes, becuase he is about to pick up a GTR.

I'm like wait a minute, what do you have to do to a GTR.

Apparently the driver backed into something so just some light body work. But here is the best part. It's the 4th time the GTR has been in because, you guessed it, it belongs to a 19 year old kid who keeps running into stuff. LOL

When I was in high school I almost killed myself countless times in a station wagon, I would have never survived if I had a 350Z in HS and they are giving this kid a GTR?

Nice parenting. Looks like it's paying off too.
ok so because 1 19 year old keeps hitting **** doesn't mean you label all 19 year olds bad drivers... I had a 2004 c5 corvette when I was 17 for a year and now had my Z for little over 2 and have yet to put 1 ding on it, but I'm still a bad driver right? If anything I have almost been hit by enough older people.

EDIT: also you must have not been that responsible when you were in highschool if you almost killed yourself in a SW! I think if you pay for your own stuff you tend to be more responsible with it because your the one paying for it, I can see why this kid doesn't care... His parents are paying for the repairs.

Last edited by colin8868; 05-14-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by colin8868
ok so because 1 19 year old keeps hitting **** doesn't mean you label all 19 year olds bad drivers... I had a 2004 c5 corvette when I was 17 for a year and now had my Z for little over 2 and have yet to put 1 ding on it, but I'm still a bad driver right? If anything I have almost been hit by enough older people.

EDIT: also you must have not been that responsible when you were in highschool if you almost killed yourself in a SW! I think if you pay for your own stuff you tend to be more responsible with it because your the one paying for it, I can see why this kid doesn't care... His parents are paying for the repairs.
We've already proven that statistically teen boys are the worst drivers.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:21 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
It's refreshing to see a young member of the next generation of Z drivers who is not an illiterate and delusional douchebag.

Welcome to the forum and the VQ community.
+1K
Old 05-14-2010, 03:29 PM
FineWine

ok so because 1 19 year old keeps hitting **** doesn't mean you label all 19 year olds bad drivers...
No... but because hundreds of 19 year olds keep hitting ****.

And we were all 19 at one point.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:34 PM
colin8868

Originally Posted by FineWine
No... but because hundreds of 19 year olds keep hitting ****.

And we were all 19 at one point.
And hundreds of older people keep hitting chit as well. whats your point?
Old 05-14-2010, 03:41 PM
FineWine

If you seriously think that kids don't get in more wrecks in sports cars than their older colleagues, I urge you to ask your insurance agent why your rate is higher.

I'm guessing you're not that delusional though, and just have sand in your vagina over this thread.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:43 PM
colin8868

If you seriously think that kids don't get in more wrecks in sports cars than their older colleagues, I urge you to ask your insurance agent why your rate is higher.

I'm guessing you're not that delusional though, and just have sand in your vagina over this thread.
I know that is true, I'm just saying the population of 25-65 is a lot larger than 16-25, there for more accidents, way more.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:44 PM
FineWine

I know that is true, I'm just saying the population of 25-65 is a lot larger than 16-25, there for more accidents, way more.

percentage.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:05 PM
1GR8350Z

This is the first I can recall hearing about the Vette at 17.

Please tell me that is not what you are basing your argument on.

Heres a question for you. I'm not near as good at coming up with these analogies/comparisons as FineWine or JEKL, but here it goes.

You said that most of your dads employess have been with him for over 10 year, so I assume most are over 25.

If you had no choice but to let those guys or a group of your buddies in high school drive your car for a few weeks, which would you choose?

BTW, I wouldn't let no one drive my car is not an answer

Last edited by 1GR8350Z; 05-14-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:27 PM
JEKL

I think if you pay for your own stuff you tend to be more responsible with it because your the one paying for it
Not sure what that has to do with you. Doesn't daddy pay you like $1,000 a week to stock vending machines? He is basically paying for all of your stuff. You are just too dumb to see it that way.

That is a tactic parents use to make their kids feel like they earned something. When my daughter was trying to save up for her new DSI XL I would pay her a few dollars for stupid things like each book she read or for emptying the garbage cans in the house. In her mind she thought she earned the money. She was 8, what is your excuse?
Old 05-14-2010, 06:12 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Apparently Colon didn't read pages 345 and 346. He is essentially rehashing the same failed argument from a different angle.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 05-14-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Starchecker

LOL way to totally miss the point. Obviously you are still a little to young and as the saying goes, you don't know what you don't know.

When you are a teenager, even a fairly responsible one like I was, you still don't have the best judgment. So giving someone an incredibly high performance vehicle when they are too young to know they don't know s--- is irresponsible. I don't blame the kid for driving it, if my parents had given me a smoking sports car I would have taken it, all the way to my grave probably.

Thurmon Munson was a pro ball player that had more money than brains. Instead of learning to fly in a small bug smasher like most of us do, he had to learn in a high performance jet, just becuase he had the money.

Well guess what, he never got his private pilot license, because he died in training. As a pilot I can tell you learning in a high performance jet is stupid on so many levels, but again a guy who has several million dollars but know experience flying wouldn't know that.

The point is giving people gifts, beyond their level of maturity and character isn't a wise idea. Sometimes starting small is a good idea.

BTW I was a very good driver, but like most teenage boys I also had the need for thrills, so I drove that Station Wagon like it was a sports car, never totalled it or anything like that never got into a serious accident and even thought I had countless speeding tickets I never got the really serious ones I deserved. That was my whole point, most boys drive like maniacs no matter what they drive, so giving them an ultra high performance vehicle is irresponsible.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:12 PM
SLCPunk267

Told you guys it wouldn't be long.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:18 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Told you guys it wouldn't be long.
Yes but the teen drama on the GTR forum is limited. Unlike here.

Daddy with son plus GTR is taking ***** waving to a whole new level. I'm thinking he is in debt up to his eyeballs.

If you respond to this bait I am here waiting...
Old 05-14-2010, 10:17 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

all i read was hraesvelgs wants ***** in his eyeball
Old 05-14-2010, 10:35 PM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dikspiel
all i read was hraesvelgs wants ***** in his eyeball
he prefers it in the butt....raw dog.

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...