Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 11:55 AM
FineWine

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NaughtyDawg63
haha this threads retarded. im not a 17 yr old that got one handed down, or bought for me, but still. sounds like a bunch of old folks crying that some kids have the same thing they do. whats it matter.
I guarantee that none of these kids have what we do.

Having the same car as Steve Jobs doesn't make you Steve Jobs.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:08 PM
JoshEvangelista

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ
This!

But I would like to add, that these teenagers think they have the life experience to compete with us 'older' folk or buying a Z makes them equal to having the life experience. That is just because teenagers brains do not have the ability to think about all of the consequences for their actions. If teenagers were so responsible, car insurance would be 'cheap' for them. But they tend to go on the parents insurance, so when they get into an accident, the parents are responsible.

It has to do with attitude ,not the drop in prices of cars/Z's BTW.
True, but what does life experience and insurance have anything to do with owning the car? I think price has A LOT to do with the crowd of owners. How many people that drive Audis, Ferraris, NSX's and many high MSRP cars are first owners? MR2's for example with thought as dream cars and were cut in production [earlier] in the USA because the price was too high; same goes for 300ZX's, Supras and late 90's Japanese sports cars [ei. $35,000 for an MR2, in 90s economy] NOW, you can get these for 3-7K... You're generalizing the "attitude" of younger owners. Even if it were about price some "kids" can easily pay for a mid to high 10K range if they were fortunate enough to have parents who can pull low interest bank loans. You can argue that its their parents still buying the car under their name but who's smarter and making smaller payments? and to add to the fact you mentioned that they have no bills to pay and they have money to spend..... would you rather have them spend on video games and candy?? I think being an auto enthusiast and into the car scene is generally a better choice.

What is the attitude among younger owners? Because im getting a vibe from older owners that they are "better"

If you want to talk about driving experience; that's a whole different thing because i've seen people my age with a decently quick car, prancing around and redlining everywhere they go. Maybe thats the image that, I, personally would like to shake from my self because they drive like ASSHATS. I condone auto X and skid pads, it's the first thing I did when i had my MR2. How many Z owners can say they've had that "life experience"?

so are we comparing lifestyles and social status or are we just talking about teenager that have the same car as we all do. Where the hell is the comradery among Z ownership? I dont see a thread floating around called " Pertaining to Older People/ Midlife Crisis owning Z's"

Last edited by JoshEvangelista; 10-06-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:13 PM
MarvinMartian

Originally Posted by JoshEvangelista
Because im getting a vibe from older owners that they are "better"

Don't sass your elders.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:50 PM
NyCSnEaK

Originally Posted by oddball866
One thing I have so say is if I have to shave for work, I look like am 18 or younger (I'm 24). So although this doesn't pertain to the young guys on the forum. Just because someone you see driving a nice car and they look young doesn't mean there 16 and daddy paid for their car...
So what, I'm 28 and look 18. When I kick game to the ladies they always ask for my ID My point being nothing. Just like yours.

Last edited by NyCSnEaK; 10-06-2010 at 02:21 PM. Reason: grammar nazi MarvinM you see "ladies"
Old 10-06-2010, 12:50 PM
gidiup

True, but what does life experience and insurance have anything to do with owning the car? I think price has A LOT to do with the crowd of owners. How many people that drive Audis, Ferraris, NSX's and many high MSRP cars are first owners? MR2's for example with thought as dream cars and were cut in production [earlier] in the USA because the price was too high; same goes for 300ZX's, Supras and late 90's Japanese sports cars [ei. $35,000 for an MR2, in 90s economy] NOW, you can get these for 3-7K... You're generalizing the "attitude" of younger owners. Even if it were about price some "kids" can easily pay for a mid to high 10K range if they were fortunate enough to have parents who can pull low interest bank loans. You can argue that its their parents still buying the car under their name but who's smarter and making smaller payments? and to add to the fact you mentioned that they have no bills to pay and they have money to spend..... would you rather have them spend on video games and candy?? I think being an auto enthusiast and into the car scene is generally a better choice.

What is the attitude among younger owners? Because im getting a vibe from older owners that they are "better"

If you want to talk about driving experience; that's a whole different thing because i've seen people my age with a decently quick car, prancing around and redlining everywhere they go. Maybe thats the image that, I, personally would like to shake from my self because they drive like ASSHATS. I condone auto X and skid pads, it's the first thing I did when i had my MR2. How many Z owners can say they've had that "life experience"?

so are we comparing lifestyles and social status or are we just talking about teenager that have the same car as we all do. Where the hell is the comradery among Z ownership? I dont see a thread floating around called " Pertaining to Older People/ Midlife Crisis owning Z's"
One whole minute of my life I can't get back.... Josh you miss the point.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:52 PM
FineWine

My sig has the answers you seek, young grasshopper.

It's about attitude, not price. I wouldn't give a **** if you owned a ferrari at 17 if you didn't come here acting like hard **** baller status corporashun owner and investment guru who is on the same level as us because you "worked hard" for everything he has and knows everything about life, and that anyone that tells you otherwise is just hating.... because you own the same car as me...that you park in your parents garage, and live off of your parent's income.

Most of us spend <20% of our income on cars. Stop acting like you're anywhere near on the same level when you're spending %70 and living at home with mommy and daddy.

And stop calling everyone "haters".

edit > Although I would question your parent's decision to buy you a Ferrari at 17.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:53 PM
JoshEvangelista

Exactly, this "Debate" is pointless because you can't explicitly even pinpoint the point. No pun intended.

but pertaining to your SIG, the price range now is hardly a "triple"

it has everything to do with price; why would someone act like a big shot with a cheap *** car.?

maybe that was the argument at one point but with the VALUE of cars going down.... who's going to roll around like a big shot when a civic is more expensive as a Z now?

Last edited by JoshEvangelista; 10-06-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:55 PM
FineWine

Exactly, this "Debate" is pointless because you can't explicitly even pinpoint the point. No pun intended.

Do you not understand english?
Old 10-06-2010, 12:59 PM
gidiup

Maybe he works with farm animals
Old 10-06-2010, 12:59 PM
NyCSnEaK

it has everything to do with price; why would someone act like a big shot with a cheap *** car.?

maybe that was the argument at one point but with the VALUE of cars going down.... who's going to roll around like a big shot when a civic is more expensive as a Z now?
You still do not understand the essence of what some of the member's are saying. FineWine it's futile dealing with these grasshoppers.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:00 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Life experience means everything you do in life, including driving. That is just one facet of my life on this Earth. Camaraderie, I know a little about it ( I was in the Military) and if I saw some teenager acting like a typical one, at a meet or on the road, I would not want to be associated with them in anyway, no matter what they drive. Plus I am a parent, and I shake my head in disappointment when a parent 'caves' in and buys their kid everything to make them 'happy'.

Everyday I hear about kids causing 'accidents' on the road, either by distraction, racing or not enough experience on the road. The accidents that cause death to people on the road are the ones that irk me. One story remains with me. Teenager causes horrific accident on city road near my town. He was driving a '99 or 2000 Camaro SS, he T-bones into a Honda Accord because he was 'racing' another car. The teenager in the Camaro lies to the cops because he did not want to admit to racing. Well the two kids in the Accord die on the street. Later the parents of the teenage Camaro driver make a statement/apology on the news. They said they bought the teenager the car because he wanted one for his birthday and the he did not 'mean' to kill the kids in the Accord. The parents then apologize to the family of the deceased. Well later a civil suit was filed by the victims family and they received a multi-million dollar lawsuit from the parents of the teenager. The parents lost everything, house, business and a college fund for the rest of the kids in the family. Moral of the story, was this worth making a kid happy or over a damn car? These stories happen all the time, some only get hurt real bad other pay the price with their lives.

And you might be the 'exception to the rule' but the statistical data is against you and other teenagers big time.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:02 PM
JoshEvangelista

I'm done with this thread, old people can walk away with a sense of enjoyment. I really don't see the point of it. It's about income, blah blah blah, bills; money money money. but the price of the car doesn't come in play; makes perfect sense. Lets just ignore all the other details. haha. OKAY. No point in an internet debate when everyones happy with what they have. Happy driving: cheers. No hard feeling towards anyone.

Edit: some people point out responsibility; frankly, everyones different. If it's about attitude, keep at it. New drivers will be new drivers. the end.

Last edited by JoshEvangelista; 10-06-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:05 PM
BornSlippyZ

I'm done with this thread, old people can walk away with a sense of enjoyment. I really don't see the point of it. It's about income, blah blah blah, bills; money money money. but the price of the car doesn't come in play; makes perfect sense. Lets just ignore all the other details. haha. OKAY. No point in an internet debate when everyones happy with what they have. Happy driving: cheers. No hard feeling towards anyone.
^none taken.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:08 PM
MarvinMartian

Originally Posted by NyCSnEaK
When I kick game to the ladies' they always ask for my ID

The ladies' what?
Old 10-06-2010, 01:09 PM
BornSlippyZ

Edit: some people point out responsibility; frankly, everyones different. If it's about attitude, keep at it. New drivers will be new drivers. the end.
Wait till one of these 'new drivers' take you out you or a loved one of yours, then tell me how you feel. Again life experience plays a role here.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MarvinMartian
The ladies' what?
ladies' dogs?
ladies' husbands?

Old 10-06-2010, 01:15 PM
MarvinMartian

Originally Posted by Spork
ladies' dogs?
ladies' husbands?

When you got game, you gotta kick it.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You and your purple MR2 will be missed by us all.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:19 PM
MarvinMartian

No point in an internet debate when everyones happy with what they have.

Waiting for the bulb to light up . . . .
Old 10-06-2010, 01:19 PM
herrschaft

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

We need a thread like this on Driver...

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...