Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good experience @ Nissan dealership

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 09:13 AM
Z CRUZN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good experience @ Nissan dealership

Well, I had a good experience at a Nissan dealership today (yes, I know that might be hard to believe - ha!). Making a short story long......about a month ago while changing my oil on a lift where I work, I noticed a slight grease seep at the inner boot on the passenger side of the steering rack. There was no PS fluid leakage, power steering fluid was still filled to the max, no steering clunking, no symptoms at all. Since I have done all my own service work on the Z since I bought it new 1/04, I checked out what a new boot kit would cost (approx. $25) & figured I do it myself then have my buddy re-align the front afterward. I then remembered I had a Nissan Gold extended warranty good for 7 yr/ 70k miles. Being that I had 3500 miles & 3 months left on it, I figured I'd take it in the the local dealership here in Wichita, KS (Davis-Moore Nissan). Made an appt. & took it in this morning.

Being that my Z is pretty heavily modded, that this was my first visit to this dealership, I was expecting...well, I didn't know what to expect - I know some dealerships are mod-friendly & some aren't. Well, anyway, about 60 minutes after dropping it off & checking out the new 370Z & the beautiful red GT-R on the showroom floor, the service writer came out, told me that they went ahead and ordered a complete new steering rack, it would be in in 4 days & that my Nissan Gold ext. warranty covered it all (including new alignment) minus the $50 deductible. I mentioned that after I checked it out earlier I was assuming that all that was needed was the new boot kit, a little grease inside it & a re-alignment after installing. He said that would normally take care of it if I was doing it myself, but with the Nissan ext. warranty Nissan decided in the past that if anything goes wrong with any part on the steering rack, they prefer to replace the rack complete. I said "cool!"

Anyway, not much of a story here, but just wanted to share a good experience I had - restores my faith a little - hahaha!
Old 10-14-2010, 09:17 AM
NewJoyZ

Always good to hear. Congrats.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:10 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Members are quick to call Nissan a stealership, but I have also had good luck with my local dealer. Last visit was a flat tire. Total cost for repair? Zero.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:03 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Good deal, but you are kinda wrong on just the boot kit. The boot is only a dust boot, and if you have slight fluid leak from the boot, that means you have an inner seal on the rack going bad. With that said, i need to order a rack seal kit for mine.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:57 PM
JDMStanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very lucky sir
Old 10-15-2010, 05:26 AM
Blu Hvn

Congrats to you and thanks for posting. It seems like people's natural tendency is to only post negative stuff about dealers.

The Davis-Moore dealerships have been in Wichita for decades. I had great service at the Olds dealer when my company car conked out on me while there on business. They got me right in and took care of me immediately.

Good to hear they're still providing good customer service.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:26 AM
AVL_350

Yeah, we have two Nissan dealers in my area and both try to rip you off here. Glad to hear a different story