Old 10-28-2010, 08:31 AM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ohhhhhhhhh....yeah far! lol
Old 10-28-2010, 10:46 AM
RedFlash98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
Im from ilion ny..right next to utica..im in the utica area quite a bit but just sold the Z..maybe u saw my car around..chrome silver, slammed with wheels, tinted, lip kit etc. with a vortech...what color and all is ur Z
My best friend bought your Z, he wants those stock rims and extra key fob too , I have a black one, I just got it over the summer. I have driven your car haha.

Last edited by RedFlash98; 10-28-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:48 AM
BLACK-OUT

maybe jacked something in the rear end?
Old 10-28-2010, 10:52 AM
RedFlash98

Originally Posted by Dr. Venture
instead of sitting on the NET looking for answers, why dont you JACK the Z up and figure it out, or least take it to a mechanic.
I am in college sooo I have hardly enough time to eat and take a dump so the chances of me jacking up my car in the middle of the dorm parking lot are slim, I won't drive the car until I go home for thanksgiving and my good friend^ who just bought another Z and owns a shop will take a look at it unless I can figure out what is wrong with it myself.

The point of my thread is to just get a few things I can look quick to see if something is wrong.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:26 AM
Pig Pen

Have someone check your front bearings too! Had the same thing happen to me 2 weeks back, but mine was on the track. Hit the gas a little too hard coming out of a diamond and spun him. Had my mechanic at "THE" Nissan dealership look at it and he said my passenger side lost a few bearings which was causing it to shake a little (almost like riding on rumble strips) once I got above 40mph. Had them both replaced and my car feels like it's riding on butter now. The Hub assemblies are about $150-200 each.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Dr. Venture

there is something i believe that you are leaving out....like say "i hit the curb a tad"

i mean you ar ein college so you were probably loaded up on alkie..loL!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:52 AM
RedFlash98

there is something i believe that you are leaving out....like say "i hit the curb a tad"

i mean you ar ein college so you were probably loaded up on alkie..loL!
I didnt hit a curb, I am positive about that, there are no curbs to hit and I wouldn't hit one. I pay too much for college as it is, im not going to waste it from drinking and driving, thats what the cabs are for

Originally Posted by Pig Pen
Have someone check your front bearings too! Had the same thing happen to me 2 weeks back, but mine was on the track. Hit the gas a little too hard coming out of a diamond and spun him. Had my mechanic at "THE" Nissan dealership look at it and he said my passenger side lost a few bearings which was causing it to shake a little (almost like riding on rumble strips) once I got above 40mph. Had them both replaced and my car feels like it's riding on butter now. The Hub assemblies are about $150-200 each.
This sounds exactly what I have, i will have to look into that.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:02 PM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ohhhhhhhhh....yeah far! lol
yeah syracuse and utica area is maaad from jersey lol
Old 10-28-2010, 12:51 PM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default my old z

Originally Posted by RedFlash98
My best friend bought your Z, he wants those stock rims and extra key fob too , I have a black one, I just got it over the summer. I have driven your car haha.

i dont have stock wheels, all the stock parts i had besides stock mid and tail section went back on, didnt have time to switch those over as i was getting married all that week i traded it in....i do have extra key fob though...The guy who bought the car from the dealer said he is from newport..has no idea what that car used to be and should have checked it over better or listened at least to the tranny ticking away...I hope the tranny holds up for him because it was making some funky noises..thats the reason i got rid of it..it was grinding metal to metal sound and def. in the tranny while accelerating from what i got out of it on the lift, clearly can be heard in or out of the car..Car used to be boosted and modded much more than it is now, went from 500 horse back to what it is now with just intake and nismo mid and tail section..stock cats went back on and stock y pipe, still has the act clutch and flywheel in it though which i thought maybe was the ticking noise like a spring broke or something, idk weird cause it drove fine but ticks like a sob while accelerating...Good car just the tranny problem scared me and i put it back to as stock as i could and traded it in at steet...

Last edited by tylerxfire; 10-28-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:12 PM
RedFlash98

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
i dont have stock wheels, all the stock parts i had besides stock mid and tail section went back on, didnt have time to switch those over as i was getting married all that week i traded it in....i do have extra key fob though...The guy who bought the car from the dealer said he is from newport..has no idea what that car used to be and should have checked it over better or listened at least to the tranny ticking away...I hope the tranny holds up for him because it was making some funky noises..thats the reason i got rid of it..it was grinding metal to metal sound and def. in the tranny while accelerating from what i got out of it on the lift, clearly can be heard in or out of the car..Car used to be boosted and modded much more than it is now, went from 500 horse back to what it is now with just intake and nismo mid and tail section..stock cats went back on and stock y pipe, still has the act clutch and flywheel in it though which i thought maybe was the ticking noise like a spring broke or something, idk weird cause it drove fine but ticks like a sob while accelerating...Good car just the tranny problem scared me and i put it back to as stock as i could and traded it in at steet...
Oh I hope it holds up for him, hes a good dude
Old 10-28-2010, 03:37 PM
RedFlash98

Hey- This is Tyler- not the same Redflash98 you have been talking to. I am the new owner of the 350z.

You met my father at an Advance Auto I believe after he picked it up from Steet. I do hear that slight noize but to me its nothing major right now. I know Nissan quite well and though they make some good sports cars, they seem to have stupid problems. We just traded in a Nissan Quest about a month before purchasing the 350z. It had a similar noize and we drove it for over 40,000 miles before it got annoying. Still didnt cause any problems and Nissan couldnt find any damage that was occuring.

You know as well as I do that we got a good price on the car. Being a repair facility, its something we can deal with and if worse comes to worse and I have to put a new tranny into it, not such a big deal. Labor is a killer to most repair bills. I have some room to play and still have a nice car at a nice price. So far, the car has been a dream. I use it as my date car because its alot easier to talk to the ladies in it than in my S2000 (thanks to Invidia). I dont baby the 350z either. I drive it like a sports car should be-testing every corner, breaking free on wet roads, and always finding a car to pass. We always check the fluids and air pressure and wash it with a soft microfiber mit. Its a fast car thats clean and done right. Thanks for not making it look like a Ricermobile! I get constant compliments on it every where I go.

You say you have the key fob. I would appreciate it if we could meet up or if you could mail it. I will repay you the postage if you like. I already had another key and keyless entry made from Nissan. Should have came with a knife at their prices. Also had to put 4 new tires on it and I had the Camber straightened out a bit along with an alignment and wheel balancing. I can go over 80 now and have no shakes, the car drives straight, and the tires wont wear as fast on the inside.

Do you have any of those aftermarket parts still? Id be interested in seeing what you have left and make an offer on it. Ill have to give you my cell number sometime (just not on a web page that can be viewed by everyone).

Thanks for reading

Last edited by RedFlash98; 10-28-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:19 AM
Romanteni

mmm you might have hit a crack or something in the road, bad road possibly?check make sure no bumps coming out of the tread in the tire, i'd take it to get it balanced/checked
Old 10-29-2010, 07:25 AM
Dr. Venture

I dont baby the 350z either. I drive it like a sports car should be-testing every corner, breaking free on wet roads, and always finding a car to pass.

"Crashed the Z" thread coming soon.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:48 AM
tylerxfire

Hey- This is Tyler- not the same Redflash98 you have been talking to. I am the new owner of the 350z.

You met my father at an Advance Auto I believe after he picked it up from Steet. I do hear that slight noize but to me its nothing major right now. I know Nissan quite well and though they make some good sports cars, they seem to have stupid problems. We just traded in a Nissan Quest about a month before purchasing the 350z. It had a similar noize and we drove it for over 40,000 miles before it got annoying. Still didnt cause any problems and Nissan couldnt find any damage that was occuring.

You know as well as I do that we got a good price on the car. Being a repair facility, its something we can deal with and if worse comes to worse and I have to put a new tranny into it, not such a big deal. Labor is a killer to most repair bills. I have some room to play and still have a nice car at a nice price. So far, the car has been a dream. I use it as my date car because its alot easier to talk to the ladies in it than in my S2000 (thanks to Invidia). I dont baby the 350z either. I drive it like a sports car should be-testing every corner, breaking free on wet roads, and always finding a car to pass. We always check the fluids and air pressure and wash it with a soft microfiber mit. Its a fast car thats clean and done right. Thanks for not making it look like a Ricermobile! I get constant compliments on it every where I go.

You say you have the key fob. I would appreciate it if we could meet up or if you could mail it. I will repay you the postage if you like. I already had another key and keyless entry made from Nissan. Should have came with a knife at their prices. Also had to put 4 new tires on it and I had the Camber straightened out a bit along with an alignment and wheel balancing. I can go over 80 now and have no shakes, the car drives straight, and the tires wont wear as fast on the inside.

Do you have any of those aftermarket parts still? Id be interested in seeing what you have left and make an offer on it. Ill have to give you my cell number sometime (just not on a web page that can be viewed by everyone).

Thanks for reading

i parted everything out that i had as far as aftermarket stuff on the forum already..dont have anything left to sell for the car i dont beleive except stock mid pipe and muffler...As u can see in my sig that car used to be much faster and louder and on 10psi..425whp/355ft. lbs...It ran 11's at the track and ran great until the day i traded it in..Yes it is a very very clean car just dont know what the deal is with the ticking..All of a sudden one day it started doing it so i put it on a lift and had my buddy drive with the tires off the ground while i listened from underneath with a stethescope (however thats spelled) and sounds like its def. in the tranny or possibly like i said maybe a spring broke in the clutch..idk because like i said it does drive fine..i would be kind of worried though if i were you on what the problem is as it should not be doing that..Also the stock cats are kinda cobbed back on unless the dealer fixed that and on the passenger side where i had the ecu wired up for the piggy back and wires passed thru that grommet wouldnt seal back up very well, i would get it to seal better so water doesnt leak through

pm me ur number and address..i have a friend who lives in newport i beleive down the road from u somewhere as he said he saw my old z parked in newport down the road from him..he can drop the key fob off someday

Last edited by tylerxfire; 10-30-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:49 AM
tylerxfire

"Crashed the Z" thread coming soon.
please no..loved that car...well when it had da power
Old 10-29-2010, 08:06 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

I know i'm late... Tyler you sold your Z? I feel like the kid in The Ringer... "When the F**K did we get ICECREAM!!"
Old 10-29-2010, 08:30 AM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
I know i'm late... Tyler you sold your Z? I feel like the kid in The Ringer... "When the F**K did we get ICECREAM!!"
lol..yeah i did..it was getting older and had little over 50k miles so i figured get rid of it while i could..i put it back to as close to stock as i could with what parts i had to do so and took it to the dealer while it was ticking away ..they never even started it or drove it and gave me 15k on trade so i ran with it plus what i got from selling all my parts.. There is an obvious problem going on in the tranny that needs attention i didnt want to deal with plus wanted to get into something with a back seat and more everyday driveable..i ended up getting a new white stang GT/ california special...Far from the Z but im liking it and it is def. liking bolt ons at the time, it now has chrome roush 18x10's with 275's on the front and 295's on the back with sick offsets (needs to be lowered though), limo tint, some chrome goodies on the exterior, pypes pype bomb exhaust, airaid intake, steeda charge motion delete plates, underdrive pulleys, FRPP 4.10 gears and running Bama 93 octane race tune, gonna leave it at that for the time being, would pull a mid 12 right now, good for a DD ...I plan to trade it in though or sell it outright this coming up spring and get a GT500 instead of boosting it..Start with something that already has the supercharger and has the 5.4 in it that will take some good power..
Old 10-29-2010, 08:38 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

I know a couple of my Stang buddies that are waiting for the Ford Motorsports supercharger to come out for the new 5.0... its FAAAAASSSSTTTT. Congrats man.. sorry to the Z go but at least you didn't get a Camry.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:45 AM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
I know a couple of my Stang buddies that are waiting for the Ford Motorsports supercharger to come out for the new 5.0... its FAAAAASSSSTTTT. Congrats man.. sorry to the Z go but at least you didn't get a Camry.
yeah, the new 5.0 is amazing and a very well balanced car too...

kenne bell all the way though imo as far as supercharging one..they have a 2.6L and a mammoth 2.8L kit that are nasty nasty....

Ill prolly keep it in the early spring and run it a few times at the track and put it up for sale and see what happens..really want to get into a gt500 and start going for big power but also be good and streetable

Quick Reply: I Feel Something Is Wrong