Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Sh!t extended warranty

Old 11-02-2010, 07:50 PM
JDMStanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never knew you can pull the title history from DMV. Does the history tell you the pre owners phone number and everything?
if you can pull every info about pre owners just by going to DMV, then this isn't really protecting privacy lol
Old 11-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

your going about this all wrong. # 1 did you buy the parts and just have a local guy put them in? If you did then thats a bad move for one, now the shop cannot warrenty the part for you through them. What they should do is warrenty the shitty work they did and just get the job done with out you even thinking about going to the dealer. I myself have done some bearings that just end up being defects. I fully warrenty them for the customer end of story.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:23 PM
JDMStanced

Originally Posted by Dr. Venture
your going about this all wrong. # 1 did you buy the parts and just have a local guy put them in? If you did then thats a bad move for one, now the shop cannot warrenty the part for you through them. What they should do is warrenty the shitty work they did and just get the job done with out you even thinking about going to the dealer. I myself have done some bearings that just end up being defects. I fully warrenty them for the customer end of story.
PMed
Old 11-03-2010, 03:03 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Rather than trying to contact the previous owner, I'd call Vaden (the underwriter of the warranty), and ask their advice. 1-800-NISSAN-1 You'll need the agreement number or the VIN when you call.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:26 PM
JDMStanced

Originally Posted by dcains
Rather than trying to contact the previous owner, I'd call Vaden (the underwriter of the warranty), and ask their advice. 1-800-NISSAN-1 You'll need the agreement number or the VIN when you call.
i contacted kathy through the number you gave me. She told me that unless the prev owner signs the form, i can't do anything about it.
Do you know Vaden's extension? (i believe it's a person)
those douches are not telling me the prev owner's number because of privacy lol. They said they can't even call the prev owner bc of the privacy issue. Also said that there are too many parties involved to contacted to owner (pre owner sold it through auction, dealership bought it through auction) This was told by a lady who deals with warranties.
I think this has to do with customer service because if they can call the pre owner and tell her that she can get her money back, then im sure she won't care about her privacy. If i can't get the extended warranty transferred then i would find a way to make the pre owner get her money back lol can't do anything good to dealership
Old 11-03-2010, 11:49 PM
dcains

The previous owner might not know that the remainder of the warranty can be cashed in, but I'd still try to find that person. When my wife sold her 2005 TS-X about a year ago, she was able to get a ~$1200 refund on the extended warranty, but she was the original buyer of the extended warranty. Seems a waste that the warranty can't be used, and if you can't find the original owner Nissan just keeps the $ when it expires.

Vaden is the name of the company I purchased my Nissan extended warranty through, not a person. Here's their site, though, and it does have a different phone number for customer service:

http://www.nissanextendedwarranty.com/

How much time is left on that warranty anyway?

Last edited by dcains; 11-03-2010 at 11:50 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:56 PM
JDMStanced

she bought the warranty from Connell Nissan not vaden
Old 11-04-2010, 12:07 AM
billsrcursed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much do you know about the history of this car???

Perhaps there's a reason the previous owner can't be reached...aside from privacy of course.

Just because the place you purchased it from got it at an auction does not mean the previous owner sold it to an auction. There are many ways these auctions "aquire" their vehicles.

I'd pull the car's history/stop by DMV as previously mentioned.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:00 AM
MarvinMartian

Originally Posted by billsrcursed
Perhaps there's a reason the previous owner can't be reached...aside from privacy of course.

Just because the place you purchased it from got it at an auction does not mean the previous owner sold it to an auction. There are many ways these auctions "aquire" their vehicles.

She's dead, Jim.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:51 AM
MaelstrØm

The DMV title history shows the name and address of the prior owners, but not phone number as far as I remember. It shows the mileage, the state, and other relevant information at each title transfer.

Then you call the woman yourself using a phone directory lookup. Not hard.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:57 AM
JDMStanced

she's dead Jim haha that was funny.

I'll run carfax but I highly doubt theyll show the address. I rather have someone call me then coming to my house lol
does it cost me I I run carfax from DMV? cause I have a friend who can run the carfax but I dont know when
Old 11-04-2010, 12:22 PM
JDMStanced

WOAH guys..my friend hooked me up with carfax and this is really interesting.
The car fax shows that my car was shipped to Connell nissan, costa mesa, dealership when it was manufactured,11/09/2004. Why the hell the car was manufactured in 2004 when my car should be 2005 !!

CARFAX:
-02/17/2005
4 miles Connell Nissan
Costa Mesa, CA
Pre-delivery inspection completed
Washed/detailed

-02/28/2005
14 miles California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Santa Ana, CA
Title issued or updated
First owner reported
Registered as
personal vehicle

-12/13/2005
5,976 miles Connell Nissan
Costa Mesa, CA
Pre-delivery inspection completed
12/15/2005
Dealer Inventory Vehicle offered for sale

-01/18/2006
California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Fullerton, CA
Title issued or updated
New owner reported
Loan or lien reported

The extended warranty was bought, retail date, in 02/28/05 which is when the first owner bought the car. WHy whould he/she buy the extended warranty when there's factory warranty -_- DId he/she totally got sucked up by the salesman's sweet mouth talking?
The second owner must be really stupid because he/she didn't do anything bout the extended warranty.
Another stupid thing is that the dealership prolly didn't notify the first owner that he/she can cancel it.

Last edited by JDMStanced; 11-04-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:50 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

2005 = Model year, not production related. The new Z models usually start getting produced in Oct of the previous year. The month and year are stamped on the metal plate on the drivers door jamb.

How/why would the original dealer notify the original owner that they could cash in or transfer the warranty. How would they even know that the owner sold/traded the car unless they were the ones taking the trade. The paperwork associated with the warranty explains to the purchaser what to do. If the owner is too stupid to cash it in, the warranty co. gets to keep the money - who has any incentive to get her to cash it in?
Old 11-04-2010, 05:26 PM
JDMStanced

On the carfax, it looks like she sold the car to connell nissan where you bought it
Old 11-04-2010, 08:22 PM
billsrcursed

Originally Posted by MarvinMartian

She's dead, Jim.
I was thinking crack ***** in prison, but ya, maybe that too...
Old 11-08-2010, 10:54 AM
wmousawi

alright i might have a solution for you. I bought by gold preferred extended warranty this past summer at 34999 miles on the car lol.

i purchased it through http://www.nissanextendedwarranty.com/

well when i was talking to them on the phone they told me that my car has an extended warranty under the name of the first owner so i told the lady is it possible that i transfer it to my name? she said you can upon approval of the old owner. so we tryed to reach the old owner but his phone number was invalid he's probably resting piece since he was an old guy lol...

so i got my self a new warranty and been paying $100 a month for 17 months. i just took my car to service and it required repairs costing almost $2000 and i was only required to pay a $50 deductible and the rest on the warranty so i really advice u guys to make this investment its worth it if ur factory warranty is about to expire.

try calling 877-599-9499 see if they can transfer the old owner's warranty to you.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:21 AM
JDMStanced

i called that number and they weren't able to find(?) or call the pre owner.. how did they call the pre owner?
Old 11-08-2010, 12:35 PM
dcains

Originally Posted by wmousawi
alright i might have a solution for you. I bought by gold preferred extended warranty this past summer at 34999 miles on the car lol.

i purchased it through http://www.nissanextendedwarranty.com/

well when i was talking to them on the phone they told me that my car has an extended warranty under the name of the first owner so i told the lady is it possible that i transfer it to my name? she said you can upon approval of the old owner. so we tryed to reach the old owner but his phone number was invalid he's probably resting piece since he was an old guy lol...

so i got my self a new warranty and been paying $100 a month for 17 months. i just took my car to service and it required repairs costing almost $2000 and i was only required to pay a $50 deductible and the rest on the warranty so i really advice u guys to make this investment its worth it if ur factory warranty is about to expire.

try calling 877-599-9499 see if they can transfer the old owner's warranty to you.
That's the plan I have for my '08, and I think it's great. I know a lot of guys here will disparage extended warranty plans, but I won't do a lot of mods and I can see keeping this car for at least as long as the warranty period (7 years/120K miles). I also paid $1700, which is a great deal, as virtually everything is covered.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:21 PM
MaelstrØm

Serra Nissan gives at-cost warranties on Nissans over the Internet. They are really useful. Note these are legit original factory warranties that will travel with your car, they are backed by Nissan.

http://www.prlog.org/10602442-serra-...-retailer.html
Old 11-09-2010, 10:18 AM
JDMStanced

i would never buy an extended warranty because i neva want to deal with those dealership guyz. But it's good to have the warranty for free..almost free

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sh!t extended warranty