2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Keep the Z or go with a '11 EVO X GSR?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 08:16 AM
mkivttdterror

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by abarclay
What's the word on the EVO forums?

Haven't really been getting anymore feedback from them lately. But I did hear from guys that went through the same transition (Z to EVO...), and they don't seem to regret their decision.

Originally Posted by Chebosto
i was denied a test drive too when i went into get it, but they let me drive the Ralliart version (w/ SST) no problem since i wanted to see how that transmission felt...

Haha. Same exact thing happened to me, except they wanted to take me for a drive in the Ralliart, they wouldn't let me drive it.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:08 AM
skitso1080

i like the z better, because its easier to explain to a girl what a z is, then explaining that the evo is a lancer but better.

but my buddies evo x, is a blast.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:13 AM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's a 0% chance I would buy a car without being able to drive it.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:53 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,448 Likes on 1,769 Posts

Originally Posted by mkivttdterror
Haven't really been getting anymore feedback from them lately. But I did hear from guys that went through the same transition (Z to EVO...), and they don't seem to regret their decision.
I regret my decision sometimes.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:11 PM
The Operation

I may only be new to the forums however I do have a huge passion for cars and I do currently own a 350z.

Unless you need the extra space do not switch to the Evo. Why would you ever go to a 4 cylinder awd 4 door from a Z. I cannot stand the disgusting sound of a 4 cylinder, and the slow response of a 4 cylinder. The Z is timeless it looks beautiful and makes you feel great behind the wheel. The cockpit may be a little on the cheap side however the interior design elements such as the seating position, gauge clusters, red dials and that massive tach make you feel like you are driving a SPORTS CAR and that is a great feeling. This feeling cannot be replicated in a 4 door sedan that looks like everything else on the road. Simply put the Z is a drivers car the evo is not regardless of what the press says.

On the modification front you can buy a turbonetics single turbo kit for 5 grand and you will make 380+whp and it will be plenty reliable for a DD. If you buy a new EVO you will spend far more than 5 grand just purchasing the car and never have the potential the Z had because at the end of the performance road the Z has far more displacement and that means you are going to make far more power on pump gas than you could with the evo. For the difference in price between a new evo and a Z you could make the Z have 500+ whp all day long and that my friend is going to eat any evo you throw at it unless they are running race gas/meth injection.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:51 PM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by The Operation
I may only be new to the forums however I do have a huge passion for cars and I do currently own a 350z.

Unless you need the extra space do not switch to the Evo. Why would you ever go to a 4 cylinder awd 4 door from a Z. I cannot stand the disgusting sound of a 4 cylinder, and the slow response of a 4 cylinder. The Z is timeless it looks beautiful and makes you feel great behind the wheel. The cockpit may be a little on the cheap side however the interior design elements such as the seating position, gauge clusters, red dials and that massive tach make you feel like you are driving a SPORTS CAR and that is a great feeling. This feeling cannot be replicated in a 4 door sedan that looks like everything else on the road. Simply put the Z is a drivers car the evo is not regardless of what the press says.

On the modification front you can buy a turbonetics single turbo kit for 5 grand and you will make 380+whp and it will be plenty reliable for a DD. If you buy a new EVO you will spend far more than 5 grand just purchasing the car and never have the potential the Z had because at the end of the performance road the Z has far more displacement and that means you are going to make far more power on pump gas than you could with the evo. For the difference in price between a new evo and a Z you could make the Z have 500+ whp all day long and that my friend is going to eat any evo you throw at it unless they are running race gas/meth injection.
You should just shut your mouth when grown men are talking.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:01 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Name:  evox.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  110.1 KB

Just traded in my 2010 TSX for a GSR. Will never give up the Z! lol Had an 07 turbo Si before the TSX. Hated the TSX, wished the Evo had the interior quality of the TSX and crisp shifts of the Si.

Last edited by mr. sparco; 02-24-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:08 PM
The Operation

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
You should just shut your mouth when grown men are talking.
Awww did it hit a sore spot there ?. There is nothing that I said in my post that isn't true. If you would like to argue the theoretical whp limit on pump gas then be my guest because that little 2.0 litre would get stomped period.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:17 AM
bboypuertoroc

Awww did it hit a sore spot there ?. There is nothing that I said in my post that isn't true. If you would like to argue the theoretical whp limit on pump gas then be my guest because that little 2.0 litre would get stomped period.
Definitely did NOT hit a sore spot. Ask anybody here... I'm a HUGE Z fan, more so than my love for Mitsubishis. Hell, I ask my wife on a constant basis to let me sell the Evo so I can get another Z (yes, another... I'm a prior 350Z owner, so I got a slight clue what I'm talking about, unlike you).

The diarrhea coming out of your mouth is ridiculous, and shows you have no clue about what you're talking about. On top of that, I can definitely tell you have little to no experience with Evolutions.

Please don't talk about potential, because you'll fail in an instant. Please tell me... how many street-driven 9 second Z's are out there? What are the fastest time-attack cars? LMAO at you talking about theoretics and WHP... doesn't mean **** when you get stomped on track.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:17 PM
The Operation

Quarter mile times mean absolutely nothing unless you track your car on a frequent basis, I personally would rather a car that is going to pull harder on the highway. The only reason why there are many 9 second evo's which btw AREN'T on pump gas is because of their huge traction advantage out of the hole. It is simply impossible for anyone owning an evo to make the same amount power on pump as a Z owner it just is not possible. And I believe the OP was referring to the evo and the Z both being daily drivers so you can throw your quarter mile times out the window and you can especially throw out any times which were achieved on anything but pump gas.

Last edited by The Operation; 02-24-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:04 PM
bboypuertoroc

Keep making yourself look uninformed.

There are MULTIPLE 10 second pump gas Evos and plenty of 9 second pump gas Evos as well (E85 is pump gas, BTW). Check the traps as well (you know, the number that directly relates to how FAST the car is)... way better than the traps Z's are running at the same E.T.s.

What does the car being a daily driver have to do with throwing times out the window? Might as well say throw power out the window as well. I DD my Evo and race the **** out of it as well. Your argument there is retarded.

Now you're saying the only reason why we can run quick E.T.s is because we're AWD? You're just grasping now. It's built the way it's built. That's it. I can turn around and say "well the only reason you make more power on pump is because you have a 3.5l/3.7l V6" but it just sounds stupid. Can't complain... it's just the way the car is made. Deal with it.

You want to throw any more fail arguments my way?
Old 02-24-2011, 05:21 PM
GoJira33
Banned

there arent many 10 sec 350z because most z except the ones who are on the list on here dont go to the track on slicks. i love both cars an both can be made fast but 95 percent of the guys i talk to that have high hp zs run there z at the strip on street tires which i honestly think is retarded.

Last edited by GoJira33; 02-24-2011 at 05:22 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL @ Turbonetics suggestion.

What's wrong with the sound of 4-door, AWD, 4-cylinder cars?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64H-S...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw7mf...eature=related

Last edited by Spork; 02-24-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:55 PM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
Keep making yourself look uninformed.

There are MULTIPLE 10 second pump gas Evos and plenty of 9 second pump gas Evos as well (E85 is pump gas, BTW). Check the traps as well (you know, the number that directly relates to how FAST the car is)... way better than the traps Z's are running at the same E.T.s.

What does the car being a daily driver have to do with throwing times out the window? Might as well say throw power out the window as well. I DD my Evo and race the **** out of it as well. Your argument there is retarded.

Now you're saying the only reason why we can run quick E.T.s is because we're AWD? You're just grasping now. It's built the way it's built. That's it. I can turn around and say "well the only reason you make more power on pump is because you have a 3.5l/3.7l V6" but it just sounds stupid. Can't complain... it's just the way the car is made. Deal with it.

You want to throw any more fail arguments my way?
How about you STFU

EVOs are stupid like Hawaiian Internet

Spork,

Your opinion is as valuable as a woman because you look like one
Old 02-24-2011, 06:14 PM
Spork

I'd be an ugly woman with my hair.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:17 PM
blasian

Originally Posted by Spork
I'd be an ugly woman with my hair.

How you been br0?
Old 02-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Spork

Been good br0. You? Long time no talk!
Old 02-24-2011, 06:27 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Quarter mile times mean absolutely nothing unless you track your car on a frequent basis, I personally would rather a car that is going to pull harder on the highway.....the Z has far more displacement and that means you are going to make far more power on pump gas than you could with the evo.
Assuming displacement is the only factor in making big power or the ability to pull hard is, failure.

You should do more research.

Evos are detuned from the factory, easily makes 300 whp with a drop in intake filter and a tune. Evos with either 4B11 or previous gen 4G63, are constantly being compared and tested against "super cars" with 2-3 times the cubic capacity/cylinders.

Name:  AMSEVOX-35r-creep.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  107.4 KB

On pump gas, back in '08 when the Evo X first came out. Even more progress has been made since. Doesn't take much to get the power up on that 2 liter 4 cylinder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdzFU6J8uWE

Last edited by mr. sparco; 02-24-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:31 PM
blasian

Originally Posted by Spork
Been good br0. You? Long time no talk!
Been pretty good. Ready to start the new job
Old 02-24-2011, 06:35 PM
Spork

New jerb? Explain.

Quick Reply: Keep the Z or go with a '11 EVO X GSR?