Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

black crap on my rear wheel...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 04:44 PM
ViZion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my brembos dust like a *****. i swear i clean the car one day and 2 days later my front wheels are practically black. (rears don't dust that quickly, but it is an issue still)
Old 11-30-2003, 04:51 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the brembo's / base braes have similar stopping distance... but the brembo's will hold better on the track...

Check out the NISMO Brake Pads. Less Dust, Better Braking...

http://www.performancenissanparts.co...?cPath=153_180
Old 12-01-2003, 07:05 AM
Jason Bourne

Originally posted by EnthuZ
Jason....Thanks for the tip!

I've been dreaming of buying black rims.......now I don't need to! I'll quit being **** about cleaning my wheels when I do my pre-track bleedings! Should I also forget about a brake duct cooling kit? As it may blow away the dust?

Question? Should I leave the "chunks of rubber" for a "textured" look?
No, get the brake kit as it will give the brake dust a cool, marbled, wind-swept look that is very popular these days

Speaking of which, have you received your cooling kit yet? Nick emails or calls me once in a while with an update but I paid for that kit in July or August and still haven't seen it.

Btw, I'm still amazed whenever I pull the wheels off the car at how many rolled up bits of rubber I find all over the place. Someday I'll start collecting them and by the end of the track season, I bet I'll be able to make a brand new set of Hoosiers from them! Incidentally, I actually remove those because some of them are so big, they can throw off my wheel balance (not that my wheel balance lasts more than a few sessions anyway with the whole tire rotating around on the wheel!).

Jason
Old 12-01-2003, 07:31 AM
EnthuZ
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Jason Bourne
No, get the brake kit as it will give the brake dust a cool, marbled, wind-swept look that is very popular these days

Speaking of which, have you received your cooling kit yet? Nick emails or calls me once in a while with an update but I paid for that kit in July or August and still haven't seen it.

Jason
Yah, I have to get the "marbled, wind swept look"!

Nothing to report on Nick's kit. I also get emails occasionally. Nothing new on his web site either......I know it will be a front kit, but have you heard if he's working on the rears? BJ's also working on a kit.

I also find chunks of rubber in all kinds of nooks and crannies! Let me know how the NEW Hoosiers are coming along.....
Old 12-01-2003, 10:39 AM
Jason Bourne

I don't think Nick has any plans on doing a rear kit but the rotor temps are much lower back there (even though pads only last 3-4 days). It would be cool to get a little bit more air to the rear as well.

I did not know BJ was working on a kit either - but for now, I'll give Nick the benefit of the doubt. I won't be back on the track for many months anyway.

Jason
Old 12-01-2003, 09:30 PM
ViZion

Originally posted by Jason@Performance
the brembo's / base braes have similar stopping distance... but the brembo's will hold better on the track...

Check out the NISMO Brake Pads. Less Dust, Better Braking...

http://www.performancenissanparts.co...?cPath=153_180
so those are the nismo pads that fit the brembos, right? my roomie said he could get them for me for $150 (per pair) but it looks liek yall got him beat.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:41 AM
joust75

Originally posted by Paul_BB_Guy
Cleaning RIMs? Old cotton socks work good.
I personally have an old sheepskin Mitt which is no longer used to clean the car which is now relegated to RIM cleaning.

He he me too. An auto detailer told me sheepskin leaves swirls. Now Ive got a cotton mitt for the car and mr. lamb cleans up the rays!