Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Vinny Ten Racing & my350z... together at last!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 10:26 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

how come that supra record is not recognized on the supraforums drag list? Those guys are 100% serious about drag racing and a 7.3 pass is miles ahead of BoostLogics 7.59 @189
Old 02-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Brandon@VTR
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by str8dum1
how come that supra record is not recognized on the supraforums drag list? Those guys are 100% serious about drag racing and a 7.3 pass is miles ahead of BoostLogics 7.59 @189
couldn't tell you why.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qnX1IS2-yN8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Boostguru

Because it wasnt Ryan Woon...

Awesome thread!!
Old 02-24-2011, 01:31 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon@VTR
couldn't tell you why.

<IFRAME title="YouTube video player" height=390 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qnX1IS2-yN8" frameBorder=0 width=480 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
In the October 2010 issue of Import Tuner magazine there was an article about "the 5 greatest Supras of all time". There is no mention of Vinny's supra and the Boost Logic Supra is rated #1 out of the 5. The article states that the Boost Logic Supra is the quickest unibody Supra.

So is the VTR Supra not a full unibody? Is that the issue with the magazine article and supraforums??? I've seen reference in the drag racing community to "back halfed" cars that have part of the unibody replaced with tube chassis. Has something similar been done on the VTR Supra?

Also, from watching that vid... it sounds like this Supra has a manual trans. Is that correct? If so, that's even more impressive!

The 7 second Boost Logic and Titan cars both run PowerGlide autos. The #4 Supra in that Import Tuner article was Boost Logic's/SW's 6-speed that went 7.91 @ 189.9 and their claiming that as the world's fastest 6-speed Supra.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 02-24-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:54 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

could be a lenco tranny. you kinda gotta row thru gears with that and they are used in big hp supras.

VTR seems to build very impressive vehicles, just needs a better PR front man to get them all recognized.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:44 PM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VTR FTMFW!!! ....i know my tune was good and they build some bad *** cars..glad this thread cleared up
Old 03-01-2011, 01:00 PM
tylerxfire

just gotta get vinny tuning with sct software now so he can tune my stang too
Old 03-04-2011, 07:34 AM
infamous350

I dunno why there knocking vtr. From everyone locally who got work done on there z and g speak highly and say these guys are the best. I didn't do my research and i went to performance motor sport. I did a uprev tune. They were nice on the phone to get me in. But the tuner treated me like a burden and made me regret going there. Very nasty bad attitude kinda guy. Wish i would have went to vtr. VTR are very helpful and are nice guys. The tuner at performance motor sport is def a dick. He did tune my car good but hes a *******. After they got my money they treated like crap after that. The two azn gentlemen who work there are very nice guys. Wish they did tuning. I would go back. Next time i am going to VTR

Last edited by infamous350; 03-04-2011 at 07:35 AM.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:49 AM
Brandon@VTR
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by infamous350
I dunno why there knocking vtr. From everyone locally who got work done on there z and g speak highly and say these guys are the best. I didn't do my research and i went to performance motor sport. I did a uprev tune. They were nice on the phone to get me in. But the tuner treated me like a burden and made me regret going there. Very nasty bad attitude kinda guy. Wish i would have went to vtr. VTR are very helpful and are nice guys. The tuner at performance motor sport is def a dick. He did tune my car good but hes a *******. After they got my money they treated like crap after that. The two azn gentlemen who work there are very nice guys. Wish they did tuning. I would go back. Next time i am going to VTR
We really appreciate the kind words. We do our best to put everyone in the right direction, even if it's just technical questions asked over the phone.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Darton Sleeves

If Vinny was a manufacturer of the same type product and began bashing UpRev then Rich may have a legitimate reason to hijack the thread. Vinny stating that he supports programming should be welcomed. This gives the consumer more opportunity to use the product and not be restricted to who can help them use it. You dont see AEM or Motec saying who or who cant tune with their product? The more shops that can support a product the better is it for the consumer. The way Rich is coming off seems more personal than business. Give the consumers the necessary correct information about your product and supply a good product. Who they use once they pay for it entirely up to them. Its not like Vinny is tuning your product and blowing up customers cars and blaming Uprev. He is trying to help the customers no matter what they have. Keep doing what you do Vinny. If its a personal issue, which it seems it is, PM instead of airing your dirt to the public, bad form...
Old 03-22-2011, 06:23 AM
SV1098

Well said. I can't believe how this thread got flamed. Its obvious this is all personal, and probably has nothng to do with the original posting! All I can read is they "SUPPORT" Uprev, which in my books doesnt mean they are an authorized dealer.

Originally Posted by Darton Sleeves
If Vinny was a manufacturer of the same type product and began bashing UpRev then Rich may have a legitimate reason to hijack the thread. Vinny stating that he supports programming should be welcomed. This gives the consumer more opportunity to use the product and not be restricted to who can help them use it. You dont see AEM or Motec saying who or who cant tune with their product? The more shops that can support a product the better is it for the consumer. The way Rich is coming off seems more personal than business. Give the consumers the necessary correct information about your product and supply a good product. Who they use once they pay for it entirely up to them. Its not like Vinny is tuning your product and blowing up customers cars and blaming Uprev. He is trying to help the customers no matter what they have. Keep doing what you do Vinny. If its a personal issue, which it seems it is, PM instead of airing your dirt to the public, bad form...
Old 03-22-2011, 08:00 AM
Deedilus

This thread was so full of epic win that it spilled over into legendary win.

Welcome, VTR.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:35 AM
GmoneyGrip

I have to say dam i didnt think UpRev had clowns like Rich working for them... Who is this dude??? I remember the dayz back in 1998 when i used to troop 30 blocks from 35th street to 62nd street just to see Vinny's Supra's... in my daydreaming high school dayz... Ur talking about one of the founding fathers of import drag and the King of the east coast, UpRev had some computer nerd crack nissan's stock ECU's and now they think theyre the ****...lol I was waiting to twin turbo my HR and have it tuned with uprev now i want nothing to do with them. Split Second FTC all the way a least u wont have to deal with clowns like Rich... Vinny has stamped his mark on industry for over 20 years and this dude comes out of no where. Where was UpRev 20 years ago, where r they now in motorsports. (Vinn say the word ill lay this dude out... they call me the one hit wonder... u know how we do Queens NY baby...) P.s. Rich im heading down towards ur redneck country this week, Letz go Cow Tipping...lmao...
Old 04-09-2011, 07:55 AM
AlwaysNBoost

damn.....^ thats real talk
Old 04-09-2011, 08:14 AM
GmoneyGrip

AlwaysNBoost: u know im sayin, we'll here about uprev soon enough like we did with AAM
Old 04-09-2011, 12:34 PM
NyCSnEaK

Ahh how i miss visiting the Q-Boro. MoneyGrip, the Singas in Astoria and the halal chinese food across from the hospital . The boro where, 1-800-Cop-Shot $10,000 reward started for the uneducated.

Last edited by NyCSnEaK; 04-09-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:05 PM
AlwaysNBoost

Originally Posted by GmoneyGrip
AlwaysNBoost: u know im sayin, we'll here about uprev soon enough like we did with AAM
yup