Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Terrible Firestone Experience....

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 11:18 AM
stein

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't trust firestone with my bicycle!

As soon as you seen that ish happen you should have run over to your car and drove off!
Old 03-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Kyle R

Originally Posted by thekinn
How was the service after they jacked your bumper, clutch and e-brake? ie. what were you there for?
I was there to get my oil changed and my hazard lights randomly decided to not work anymore. The did the synthetic oil change, fixed my hazards, and the 45,000 mile service for $60. Thats why I went there. Nissan wanted $249 for just the service and oil change. I know I can change my oil myself, but I was borderline 3000 miles and I always change it before 3000 miles. I honestly didn't have time to do it, became lazy, and took it there. I guess I got what I deserved in terms of trusting someone else with my car and going half *** on a service.

As for the service after they jacked up my ****, they basically had no idea what I was talking about. They played it off like nothing happened and conveniently no one saw anything. I tried to talk to the tech, but he had "gone home early". Funny huh? Didn't the manager just talk with him less than 5 minutes ago? I didn't see anyone pull out of the parking lot?
Old 03-15-2011, 03:07 PM
Kyle R

Originally Posted by stein
I wouldn't trust firestone with my bicycle!

As soon as you seen that ish happen you should have run over to your car and drove off!
I tried too, but the tech saw me coming. He decided to speed off to the back of the shop thinking I would never see him or my car again. I was a a good 100+ feet away when this first started happening.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:29 PM
shakuya88

On another note, if you do become lazy like that again and do need to take it somewhere...not Firestone. and 2nd, back it in the space I back in almost everywhere I go anyway out of habit.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:39 PM
billsrcursed

Originally Posted by christol
Well.... it is printed on the shifter **** - and I don't think it is wrong to assume that "professionals" would know how to put a car in reverse. I don't think the OP made a mistake here, just the Firestone training program....
Huh... my shifter doesn't say "push down" on it....
Old 03-16-2011, 10:31 AM
zookmor

I had tires installed at goodyear two days ago, and they scuffed the outter lip or 2 of my wheels and then also one of the spokes has a 1.5" gash. However I backed into my stop so the technician wouldn't stall it out trying to reverse. Have to get an oil change in the next few weeks and trying to decide on doing it myself or trusting a shop for my 52k mile check up.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:42 PM
christol

Originally Posted by billsrcursed
Huh... my shifter doesn't say "push down" on it....
ya, neither does the brake, gas or clutch pedal......
Old 03-16-2011, 07:43 PM
jlz33

i have a life time warranty on wheel alignment with firestone where i bring my z in two or three times a year for alignment as i need it but thats about it. i wouldn't trust those guys with anything else. i do all my basic maintenance at home which isn't hard to do (unless you don't want to get your hands dirty).go find yourself a reputable shop and let them handle it if you can't do it yourself. don't go to any chain store for repairs.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:43 PM
medic165

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have ran to my car, get the fawker out of the car, make a police report, and leave the place.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:14 PM
billsrcursed

Originally Posted by christol
ya, neither does the brake, gas or clutch pedal......
Yes, that's exactly the same thing, you know, one being rather rare and the others being standard procedure. You're either 17 or just trolling.

Either way, I think we're done here.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:25 AM
The_Laughing_Man

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

In to see if they fess up.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:10 PM
christol

Originally Posted by billsrcursed
Yes, that's exactly the same thing, you know, one being rather rare and the others being standard procedure. You're either 17 or just trolling.

Either way, I think we're done here.
uh huh, a lockout for reverse is rare..... ya, we're done...... good talk. And speaking of trolling, I wasn't the one blaming the OP for a mistake made by a poorly trained tech...... but whatever.

Last edited by christol; 03-18-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:19 PM
Kyle R

I appreciate all of the replies. I'll be writing a letter to corporate to get this resolved. I'll update when a settlement is reached, if one is reached
Old 03-19-2011, 06:03 AM
christol

Originally Posted by Kyle R
I appreciate all of the replies. I'll be writing a letter to corporate to get this resolved. I'll update when a settlement is reached, if one is reached
best of luck to you - I hope they do the right thing.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:04 AM
norapat01

Sorry to hear, dude. Firestone sucks, i though many people are aware of that, I set my foot in there once in 1998 with my Eclipse. The was the first and last visit for me, lol.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:34 PM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

haha firestone. lesson learned i guess.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:27 PM
ALO8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seriously if they do nothing go to smaill claims, take pics of damage, write down details of exactly what happened so you dont forget, try and get names of people involved like the tech and manager. for the $50 dollars it takes to file a small claims court its worth it to teach them a lesson, guaranteed you will win. Just take pics and have your story straight with specific details. Chances are they wont remember the details so the judge will take your side easy.

But before you do that go and ask tell them, that if they refuse to pay for damages that you will have to file a claim in court. Lets see what they say, and do not let them take your car to a shop they say will fix your car, I dont know how it works but they usually have insurance they go through for these kind of accidents that occur in a business.

It will be a learning experience

Was the damage bad? Lets see some pics
Old 03-22-2011, 02:29 PM
christol

Hey KyleR - curious as to the Firestone response; anything yet?
Old 03-25-2011, 08:10 AM
Sylvia Zcarr

Originally Posted by xxxlino
seriously if they do nothing go to smaill claims, take pics of damage, write down details of exactly what happened so you dont forget, try and get names of people involved like the tech and manager. for the $50 dollars it takes to file a small claims court its worth it to teach them a lesson, guaranteed you will win. Just take pics and have your story straight with specific details. Chances are they wont remember the details so the judge will take your side easy.

But before you do that go and ask tell them, that if they refuse to pay for damages that you will have to file a claim in court. Lets see what they say, and do not let them take your car to a shop they say will fix your car, I dont know how it works but they usually have insurance they go through for these kind of accidents that occur in a business.

It will be a learning experience

Was the damage bad? Lets see some pics
^Best Response. Be firm. Be polite.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:09 PM
jobimg

sorry to hear, good to know.

Quick Reply: Terrible Firestone Experience....