Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Terrible Firestone Experience....

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 03:29 PM
AJCaron12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seriously, I don't wanna sound like an ***, but a lot of people on this fourm are a bunch of bitches. You bit.ch about the Nissan dealer always screwing you over, so you think you will be happier taking your car to an independant shop?? Here's some advice; learn to work on your own car or stop bitching, cause people are human, and things happen sometimes that you can't prevent.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:02 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AJCaron12
Seriously, I don't wanna sound like an ***, but a lot of people on this fourm are a bunch of bitches. You bit.ch about the Nissan dealer always screwing you over, so you think you will be happier taking your car to an independant shop?? Here's some advice; learn to work on your own car or stop bitching, cause people are human, and things happen sometimes that you can't prevent.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:04 PM
AJCaron12

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
Old 03-26-2011, 04:27 PM
AroundMyHorn

You're comment was pretty silly man. What if he was getting an alignment, could he do that himself? LULZ. In any matter, a lot of people don't work on their car and thats their preference. I think it's pretty ignorant for you to say something along the lines of if you don't do your own work you deserve what ever happens to you. Do you also think a single mother of two deserves some idiot mechanic not tightening her oil drain plug enough so that the pan leaks causing possible engine seizure? The main point I'm getting at is if people pay for a service they should get just that, service.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:36 PM
AJCaron12

You're comment was pretty silly man. What if he was getting an alignment, could he do that himself? LULZ. In any matter, a lot of people don't work on their car and thats their preference. I think it's pretty ignorant for you to say something along the lines of if you don't do your own work you deserve what ever happens to you. Do you also think a single mother of two deserves some idiot mechanic not tightening her oil drain plug enough so that the pan leaks causing possible engine seizure? The main point I'm getting at is if people pay for a service they should get just that, service.
I know that. But I just want people to understand that tech's are human too. Everyone makes mistakes, I know I have.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:41 PM
AroundMyHorn

I know that. But I just want people to understand that tech's are human too. Everyone makes mistakes, I know I have.
Agreed. The problem here though is Firestone isn't stepping up and taking care of him which is quite despicable.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:45 PM
AJCaron12

Agreed. The problem here though is Firestone isn't stepping up and taking care of him which is quite despicable.
Yes, they should be taking care of the problem. I guess I'm upset at the whole situation. I'm a tech at a dealership myself, and I guess I've been taught and brought up where I work that if we make mistakes, we try to be 100% honest about them and correct them. I don't like the firestone that the OP went to because of their manner of actions, but I also don't like when people come on the boards to complain about it. I apologize if I seemed rude about it.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:59 AM
LibertyDante
Banned

I knew you were a tech before you even posted that reply. IMO... most techs are scum.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:25 AM
christol

Originally Posted by LibertyDante
I knew you were a tech before you even posted that reply. IMO... most techs are scum.
obvious trolling - ignore
Old 03-27-2011, 11:58 AM
AJCaron12

Originally Posted by LibertyDante
Ok??? Thanks buddy. I see you say "most" do you know me personally? I didn't think so, so go f.uck yourself.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:59 AM
AJCaron12

Originally Posted by christol
obvious trolling - ignore
Who are you?
Old 03-27-2011, 02:08 PM
christol

Hi AJ - Canadian Auto Service Tech. Got out of the trade and started teaching both at Community College level (skills updating for other licenced techs) and then on to High school teaching. It's been a fun ride. That guy was a troll and should be ignored but if we had to reply your answer to him was a good one.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Mr. Grim

Due to the inconsistencies of the facts involving the technical theory of gearing. I believe this information is irrelevant. Whether or not one chooses to assimilate or divert, you must question the source from which the question came. He be weak or he be strong, he still came from the holiest of holes. Due to the source of all being, one can consider the subject guilty. Acquire the tool, provided with expendable matter and execute.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:06 PM
christol

Originally Posted by Mr. Grim
Due to the inconsistencies of the facts involving the technical theory of gearing. I believe this information is irrelevant. Whether or not one chooses to assimilate or divert, you must question the source from which the question came. He be weak or he be strong, he still came from the holiest of holes. Due to the source of all being, one can consider the subject guilty. Acquire the tool, provided with expendable matter and execute.
You're making my head hurt.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:01 PM
AJCaron12

Hi AJ - Canadian Auto Service Tech. Got out of the trade and started teaching both at Community College level (skills updating for other licenced techs) and then on to High school teaching. It's been a fun ride. That guy was a troll and should be ignored but if we had to reply your answer to him was a good one.
Oh. Nice to meet you. I thought you were saying that about me.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:02 PM
AJCaron12

You're making my head hurt.
Yeah I missed most of that too lol.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:04 PM
christol

Oh. Nice to meet you. I thought you were saying that about me.
no, no not about you.... just about the troll who is trying hard to feel better about himself. Used to own my own shop before I moved on to other adventures. Had employees hurt customer's cars before (twice) and the only way to approach is to do whatever you have to to make it right. Hurts, but, that's business. Totally understand what you were saying, but I can see how others could misunderstand. There is a lot of tech bashing, but every once in a while, people do say nice things about their mechanic.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:17 PM
GBoger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr. Grim
Old 03-29-2011, 01:23 PM
GBoger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to the OP, I hope your situation gets resolved, but it sounds like you allowed them to push you around a little bit. In situations like that they have to think that things could possibly get out of hand right there on the spot. I don't mean making them think your gonna whip somebodies a$$ or pull out a gun, but that you might just flip your f%cking lid and cause a scene that they don't want. At this point I would say take my above strategy to corporate (beyond just writing a letter).

I once had some crazy problems with directv (can't even remember what it was exactly) and no one wanted to help me. I started keeping a detailed log of every person i talked to and eventually once i had some good material (only took a few days of phone calls with dtv) I purchased the domain name directvhell.com and found out the CEO of directv's (Mike White) email address and emailed him a copy of the invoice from godaddy and told him I planned to log on this website all of the nonsense going on and hurt there business in any way I could. A day later I got a call from his "assistant" she provided me with a phone number that I could call at any time and have someone instantly at my house to fix whatever problems I might be having and sent a "senior tech" out that same day that fixed my problem for good. I guess my point is, put the fear of god in there a$$
Old 04-02-2011, 11:35 AM
The_Laughing_Man

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This thread turned into doo doo.

Quick Reply: Terrible Firestone Experience....