2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking abut getting a 350z sooooon =)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 10:17 AM
SpunoutZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You sound like a responsible person at your age. If your paying cash for your car then that helps alot. Cars now are built alot better just be prepared to replace parts when they go bad. Working on the car yourself will save you money and you'll learn alot. Find one that's one owner and is the type of person that took it to the dealer an older guy and the car will most likely last. I say your only young once get it. Keep being responsible like you are and you'll be fine. Car has alot more power so respect it. I owned a 300zx TT when I was 22 it had 77k on it and ran awesome when I had it for 3 yrs. Those were great years when I owned it never regreted it. You seem to be in a better position since your paying cash. If it's too much as in gas,maint, or bal school you can always sell it. Just be responsible with it ie no street racing, acting like a douche on the streets stuff like that. I say go for it can't live life scared. Wish you all the luck.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:23 AM
Looch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my 03 with 74k for 11k + tax so about 12 in the end. It is in beautiful shape and have had no major mechanical problems. The difference between 10 and 12k could be the difference between a car in good shape and a beat up one. Keep in mind it took me ten months to find the right z for me. Be patient.+1 on the change to a 12k budget
Old 03-24-2011, 10:44 AM
dfresh713
Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Buy a Z after college once you get a real job.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:57 AM
younggunz88

Originally Posted by turkspartan
Oh before I forget, I have also calculated how much money I would save if I stuck to my Toyota. I calculated insurance and gas and some maintenance and the tires. It equals to about 3 months of working after college.

Plus I also think of it this way. If I wait until after college like my 28 year old cousin did, I am not going to be able to enjoy my car as much as if I bought it during college.

Because think about it, after college I plan on getting married. Once I get married I got to start worrying about paying for a house, then most likely a kid( or two ). Then if I start a family like I want to, I cant be going around riding a car with 2 seats. My cousin was just planning on selling his Lexus IS350 because he isn't sure if he can handle it any more.

So after college I have bigger plans then spending all my money on a car, I rather spend it on getting my life started and starting a family. If you cant respect my decision of buying a car now, I hope you can respect my decision of what I stated above.

Oh and don't forget the cost of marriage, that's more then a brand new 370z..........
who says that after college u have to get married and ****? i just graduated and im 23 years old. ur gonna have way more than enough time after ur done with school to enjoy ur youth.

i highly suggest u dont buy a Z unless u can get one with low miles. 80k miles is a lot and is gonna require some work on it. if u got 10k in cash, look for an rsx type s. they go for less than 10k and will have relatively low miles. filling up on gas wont be as expensive as a Z either. i waited till i graduated to jump on a Z because now im working full time and im making triple the amount than what i made while i was in school.

another thing...dont plan ur life. ur gonna see how far ur gonna stray away from w/e plans ur making now. maybe u win the lotto tomorrow or when u start school, u meet some chick and u guys decide to get married and have a kid. **** happens. ur gonna want to have some extra cash in ur pocket while ur in school to have fun and for emergencies too. u seem like a smart kid so im sure ull make the right decision

Last edited by younggunz88; 03-24-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:02 AM
turkspartan

im having trouble finding the differences of the packages of 2004 350z.... I searched a little but couldnt find it. Is there a chart or anything that compares them?

ie: 350Z Coupe 2D
350Z Enthusiast Coupe 2D
350Z Enthusiast Roadster 2D
350Z Performance Coupe 2D
350Z Touring Coupe 2D
350Z Touring Roadster 2D
350Z Track Coupe 2D

oh and i have been searching, for around 11500 i can find 2004 with around 50k mileage... So that is sweet.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:03 AM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** marriage. Find a hot chick to bang and treat well.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:06 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 400 Likes on 227 Posts

cmon man.. if you REALLY searched youd have your answers to that already.. theres "large" differences in those models..
50k miles is a far better deal than 80k miles btw.

So anyways... sounds like you ahve your answers... read the stickies provided in the top of the forum pages ....and go get your car.. we'll wait for you. ha.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:09 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 400 Likes on 227 Posts
Default agreed

Originally Posted by lgear080
**** marriage. Find a hot chick to bang and treat well.
what he said.

and we will require proof.

See below.
Attached Thumbnails Thinking abut getting a 350z sooooon =)-f6y0mpogkoufssea5aqmbljwo1_500.jpg  
Old 03-25-2011, 12:35 PM
Mr. Grim

No matter how much planning you did (LOL at planning to get married with a girl you haven't even met yet), ***** going to go wrong (Murphy's Law). You say you don't want to spend money on partying and getting drunk; "the stupid stuff", yet you want a sports car? I don't believe for one second some one your age is going to go to college and not party, if you really won't then I think your a loser. If you say something stupid like that it makes me wonder the integrity of everything else your saying along with the accuracy of your "careful planning". What do you plan to do with your 350? Go to the track? Go to the drag strip? Or just look cool driving a sports car? The strip and the track cost money you probably won't have and buying the car just to be cool is pointless at your age. Listen to us, don't if you wish but, in the end your going to beating yourself for not listening.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:45 PM
christol

Originally Posted by Mr. Grim
No matter how much planning you did (LOL at planning to get married with a girl you haven't even met yet), ***** going to go wrong (Murphy's Law). You say you don't want to spend money on partying and getting drunk; "the stupid stuff", yet you want a sports car? I don't believe for one second some one your age is going to go to college and not party, if you really won't then I think your a loser. If you say something stupid like that it makes me wonder the integrity of everything else your saying along with the accuracy of your "careful planning". What do you plan to do with your 350? Go to the track? Go to the drag strip? Or just look cool driving a sports car? The strip and the track cost money you probably won't have and buying the car just to be cool is pointless at your age. Listen to us, don't if you wish but, in the end your going to beating yourself for not listening.

he'll be beating himself anyway.......
Old 03-25-2011, 06:26 PM
turkspartan

Wow man that's some rough ****.

I would respect you saying don't buy the car because of this and that and think about your advice just like I thought about what everyone else said, but talking like the way you did makes me question you as a person.

I don't need anyone to come and flame me. I don't mind people telling me NO along with a good reason, but your comment is unnecessary really.
----
But anyways thanks guys for all your advice. I appreciate it. I will think it through once more

Last edited by turkspartan; 03-25-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:10 PM
DeRevup

I hope you could throw a couple more in for a better Z, I just got mines last week for 18g 17k miles 06 I think that's a good deAl but best of luck to ya!
Old 03-25-2011, 07:17 PM
christol

I would respect you saying don't buy the car because of this and that and think about your advice just like I thought about what everyone else said, but talking like the way you did makes me question you as a person.

I don't need anyone to come and flame me. I don't mind people telling me NO along with a good reason, but your comment is unnecessary really.
----
But anyways thanks guys for all your advice. I appreciate it. I will think it through once more
Hey Turkspartan - don't let the negatives get to you. As a veteran young guy, I have to tell you that your ideas and strategies are solid. I also have to tell you that with youth, there is impatience. It sounds to me like you have truly thought this through - but - it takes awhile to find the right one. You will be tempted by the first that you find, but trust us, another is out there. Don't just buy it because it's affordable and you have a friend that is willing to help with needed repairs. Take your time, do the work and find the one for you. You've waited this long, make sure you do the due dilligence and you will be happier with it. It took me a year and a half to find mine and I couldn't be happier with it.

Good luck to you.

Last edited by christol; 03-25-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:18 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Summarize your thoughts people!
Old 03-25-2011, 07:22 PM
christol

Originally Posted by Waizzz
Summarize your thoughts people!
Old 03-29-2011, 06:35 AM
Mr. Grim

----
Think I'm a dick now? Just look at my forum name; Mr. Grim.... Grim Reaper.... Grimace.... I just hate how 18 year olds just get out of high school and think they got theyre whole life planned out and squared away. Theres only one way to learn what real life is, and thats experiencing it. It took me 3 years starting from nothing, zip, nada, to get stable enough to afford this car. As a matter of fact I'm actually sacrificing a bit just to have one. Now to have some 18 year old come in here and say he wants to get a 350z right off the bat after I had to wait so long for a nice car get my blood boiling.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:25 AM
erickblex10

Originally Posted by lgear080
if you insist you should up your pricepoint to 11-12k..

at least you'll be looking at cars that don't need MAJOR suspension redux -
i.e. no endlinks, all bushings, bearings, etc. this is easily $2k of work + parts.

also get an insurance quote.

if you have a job getting a loan for $6k of the $12k is an option and will leave
you some float. you'll need a safety blanket for accidents, ****ups and other
**** that will happen.
^^This, I just spent over a grand the other day fixing wheel bearing, bushings, suspension tightening etc etc at Precision Z.

BTW, those guys are great.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:36 AM
erickblex10

Think I'm a dick now? Just look at my forum name; Mr. Grim.... Grim Reaper.... Grimace.... I just hate how 18 year olds just get out of high school and think they got theyre whole life planned out and squared away. Theres only one way to learn what real life is, and thats experiencing it. It took me 3 years starting from nothing, zip, nada, to get stable enough to afford this car. As a matter of fact I'm actually sacrificing a bit just to have one. Now to have some 18 year old come in here and say he wants to get a 350z right off the bat after I had to wait so long for a nice car get my blood boiling.
Mr. Grip, relax bro. You know we are in America and some of
us have better opportunities than others. Not because I suffer means
the other man must suffer too. I would of liked to be born to a rich family
where my parents could afford to get me a M3 but that ain't happening.

BTW OP, if you can get some FAFSA money get it. Or at least get a fee waiver for your classes. Really helps, trust me.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:29 PM
GBoger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're a d!ckhead troll dude. I've looked at every one of your retarded a$$ posts since you've joined this forum and they are all along these lines or even dumber. Can you please leave?

Mods, read this guys posts and ban him please. I've seen people banned for far less
Old 03-29-2011, 05:27 PM
Mr. Grim

Originally Posted by GBoger
You're a d!ckhead troll dude. I've looked at every one of your retarded a$$ posts since you've joined this forum and they are all along these lines or even dumber. Can you please leave?

Mods, read this guys posts and ban him please. I've seen people banned for far less

Quick Reply: Thinking abut getting a 350z sooooon =)