2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Snow Removal Tips?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 07:30 AM
jhchan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Snow Removal Tips?

Hi Everyone,

I recently joined the club and got my car last week. I live in an apartment with no garage to leave the car out of harms way. Anyone have any snow removal tips for a poor soul in New England? I don't want to go the car cover route. Any "gentle" snow brushes out there?

I got one coat of Z5 on this weekend and will try for another coat of Z2 to protect the paint, but damn its getting cold! BTW I have a winter car but the Z still has to sit outside.

Thanks,
Old 12-01-2003, 08:02 AM
afr0puff

I don't think there are any gentle snow brushes. I would say, get a pair of leather gloves and do it by hand. I would just get the snow off the roof and windows. Just let the rest melt away.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:22 AM
Z'd

I made sure I never took mine out on any day that snow was expected last winter and I'm stored this year.
Good luck with snow removal- but one word of advice from experience- make sure you get winter rubber!!!! The stock RE040s are just plain dangerous when it is cold or snowy!!!
Old 12-01-2003, 10:00 AM
CelticPride2

Default Re: Snow Removal Tips?

Originally posted by jhchan
Hi Everyone,

I recently joined the club and got my car last week. I live in an apartment with no garage to leave the car out of harms way. Anyone have any snow removal tips for a poor soul in New England? I don't want to go the car cover route. Any "gentle" snow brushes out there?
The detailing shop near me sells a product called the Sno-Brum. It looks like a big telescoping push broom, but it has a foam-covered pad covering the end instead of bristles. It's supposedly guaranteed to remove snow without damaging the finish of the vehicle. Here's a link to it, in case you feel like checking it out. I'm going to be driving my Z all through the New England wintertime, so I'm seriously considering picking one up.

--D.J.
Old 12-01-2003, 10:09 AM
jhchan

Z'd,
Thanks for the tip. I've heard similar from different threads. I plan on just driving it on those nice winter days. Unfortunately I don't have a garage, tools, or the money right now to get winter rims and tires so the RE040's will have to do. Also don't want the rotors rusting too badly from not driving it.

D.J.,
If you end up getting one of these please let me know how it is. I'll keep my eyes open but if I can't come up with anything else maybe I'll grab one too. Ever seen it at Walmart or other retail store?
Old 12-01-2003, 10:11 AM
Beamm

Do this.....

Go out and buy a polar fleece jacket and a pair of polar fleece gloves (with no grip stuff on the palms) and just do it by hand. Just use both your arms and hands to do it (i.e. throw whole arm across car and make one big sweep). Should work without any damage, just make sure there are no buttons/snaps/zippers on the parts that hit the car.
Old 12-01-2003, 10:21 AM
CelticPride2

Originally posted by jhchan
D.J.,
If you end up getting one of these please let me know how it is. I'll keep my eyes open but if I can't come up with anything else maybe I'll grab one too. Ever seen it at Walmart or other retail store? [/B]
The only other place I've seen it is in the Herrington catalog (www.herrington.com). It is possible they may sell it at Target, Wal-Mart, etc. Don't know for sure.