Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Broken Gearbox, going to court =\

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 04:25 PM
LGSociety

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have assault on my record already, If I did that I would end up in jail. I'd rather stick a potato in his muffler or something hah.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:08 PM
winchman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe the computer is confused. You might try disconnecting the battery to see if it will reset.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:03 PM
henwhee

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wait, so why did you let him drive your car again?
was it your friend? or were you trying to sell it to him?
Old 04-10-2011, 05:26 AM
drivessidewayz

Yea, I would first try screwing around with the computer (another reason I don't own automatics). While I would let someone take my 240 for a test drive on their own (cuz it was a PoS) I would never, EVER let someone take my Z for a test drive without me in the passenger seat unless I had cash-in-hand in case **** goes south. If the parking lot has cameras and they got him on film getting out of the car, why are you here posting instead of at the security office getting those tapes? At the very least, you might be able to send them to local police and let them handle him for reckless ops(or if private parking lot, perhaps the owner?) I dunno...just a thought...have to check with a LEO on that one.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:27 AM
LGSociety

He let me drive his RX8 awhile ago, so he wanted to test drive my new Z, I didnt know he'd **** it up. Honestly its not that bad; he could have crashed it. The building is closed right now, i'll go monday.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Tanman1986
Banned

OP just got : NEVER EVER let someone drive your car unless u trust them 110% to do the right thing if something went south, but never the less, enough preaching to you, looks like you learned/are learning your lesson now, so remember this in the future if it ever happens to arise again and that little tingling feeling in the back of your head after a guy asked you to let him test drive your car, well thats your conscious slapping the **** out of the back of your head telling you "NO!"
Old 04-10-2011, 11:15 AM
MaelstrØm

Originally Posted by 350ZTheStandard
^ INsurance when driving an others vehicle with or without their permission (not if the vehicle is stolen, BUT what if your son or daughter takes the parents car for a joy ride, they are covered) by the owner of the vehicles insurance. If they have an accident it is your insurance that is primary & ONLY if the damages are greater than your coverage then his (the person who is driving someone else's vehicle) insurance would then pay any additional charges to the limits of his insurance. Then if necessary the owner of the vehicle would be sued if additional monies are owed, possibly from a wrongful death lawsuit, proven in a court of law.

I am a insurance agent, this law may slightly vary from state to state.
OP is fuKD. Sometimes you have to learn the hard way, this may cost you a friendship. I see this quite often among very close friends, I also see plenty of insurance fraud cases, as well.
You are viewing this from the law as the insurance company sees it, and you may be quite right about the insurance coverage law. However, you are ignoring the individual's right to bring tort claims, agency and minor laws. They change the picture significantly. There is no one-size-fits all answer, and ability to claim damages does not end with insurance, and I mentioned above.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:57 PM
gregom

Well all this isn't worth the effort. Since it's only going to cost you $775 (which I don't really believe) just have it fixed and never let anyone drive your car like that again. You'll spend more money fighting this.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Bober'z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sucks
Old 04-12-2011, 08:01 PM
350ZTheStandard

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gregom
Well all this isn't worth the effort. Since it's only going to cost you $775 (which I don't really believe) just have it fixed and never let anyone drive your car like that again. You'll spend more money fighting this.
Fact, & learn from your mistake.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:40 AM
winchman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I sure would like to know what the problem turned out to be and how it was fixed.