Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nissan 350Z Hands Free Phone

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 09:14 AM
oscarmayer00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan 350Z Hands Free Phone

Is this true for US 350Z's or just 350Z's in the UK?

All Nissan 350Zs are pre-wired from the factory with one of the most advanced telephone operating systems available. And that’s not the only model in the range to have a phone kit fitted as standard. New Almeras, Almera Tinos, X-TRAILs and Primeras now come pre-wired, too. The owner simply has to purchase a ‘cradle’ (appropriate for Christmas) that fits their phone, plug it into the connector and full hands free capability is introduced. With the 350Z this includes voice activation.
The 350Z has controls located on the steering wheel allowing the driver to activate a voice command centre. By simply pushing one of the buttons and saying either a pre-recorded voice tag (person’s name etc.) or stating the actual phone number required, the vehicle will then automatically dial the number via the phone. The radio will be muted and the call is transmitted through the car’s audio system.

With legislation now in force making it illegal to hold a mobile phone whilst driving, Nissan has also introduced a pre-wired phone kit on Primera, Almera, Tino and X-TRAIL. The system on these models uses the highly praised N-FORM system which has a large monitor, placed high up in the centre console. The number being called, or the number calling you, is displayed on the screen where it can be either accepted or cancelled by pressing one button. If it is safe to do so, the N-FORM system can also be used to scroll through the phone’s address book, activate calls and read incoming SMS text messages*.

The pre-wired kit, which is standard (not an option), comprises an aerial, microphone and a control unit which are all discreetly hidden away, preventing the need for any loose wires, holes being drilled or sticky pads being stuck to the interior trim.

Phone cradles are available for the majority of mobiles currently on the market and are available to order from any Nissan Dealer. Prices start from £139 and are covered by the usual full manufacturer’s warranty running alongside the vehicle’s 3 years / 60,000 miles cover.

And don’t worry if you get a new mobile for Christmas. Just buy a new cradle to replace the old one and your Nissan dealer will swap them over in minutes. And there is no need to rip up your fine looking Nissan interior either.

* The amount of functions that are operational depends on the phone type / make being used.

http://www.carpages.co.uk/nissan/nis...echo=178843354
Old 12-03-2003, 01:14 PM
jhchan

I don't think any of the current US models have this. I just got my 2004 Track on 11/21/2003 and have no such features.

Instead I use this Speaker Phone . Then I use my belt clip to mount it to the visor. The main visor may be too thick for your clip so I pulled the extender out slightly and clip it to that. Instant in car speaker phone with voice dialing (Moto T720). No one has ever complained about road noise etc. Works great!
Old 12-03-2003, 08:03 PM
oscarmayer00

It would be nice if the Z was Bluetooth-enabled.

HandsFreeLink™ replaces the hassle of handling a mobile phone while driving. This system utilizes Bluetooth® technology, which transfers incoming call data to the Multi-Info Display (MID), where the driver can view incoming call details. Voice Recognition™ will dial stored numbers with voice command, and will even direct-dial locations stored in the navigation system. HandsFreeLink is available on Bluetooth-enabled phones that are equipped with the Hands Free Profile (HFP).