2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Getting a 350Z? Mods? HELP PLEASE!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Kimosabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DesiKing
Yes I'm Indian but I'm not skinny

I am a car enthusiast, I might not know as much as everyone else here, but I absolutely love cars. And I don't look down upon anyone! How many times do I have to say that??

I would love to have ANY CAR. I don't have a car right now and if I have to do anything, I WALK there. So yea, I wouldn't mind getting a 95 Accord with 150,000 kms. However, if I have the money to get a nicer car, then why not? Hell I'd buy an accord and save the rest of my money, but it'd break down and cost too much for repairs than the car itself.

Just because everyone here is older than me and knows a **** load more than I do doesn't mean you should flame me. I came in respectful, and all I get is ****. And I'm still being respectful because being an *** is not something I do. All I asked is for some advice, constructive criticism works fine too, but no, you all had to flame me, and for what?? You are the ones that really need to grow up, because the path you all are walking right now is gonna give you all major problems in life.

So that's all I ask for. Some common courtesy.
Then my friend take heed to our advice. A Z is expensive to maintain. There is a difference between being able to buy one and afford one. Its a fantastic car, and definitely worth every penny spent on it. However, being that you are young, and you probably didn't save 10k over night, I will give the benefit of the doubt, and assume you worked hard for that money. That being said, don't buy one. Eventually the cost to maintain it will run you dry, and every cent you make will go into it. If I were you, save your money till you are done school and have a career. Then buy the next model Z brand new in cash.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:00 PM
dizenman

Maintenance really is a pain. tires are staggered so you can't rotate them, and they are going to run you 150-200 a tire. That gets expensive. Also, the wheel well liners like to get destroyed really easily, especially the undershroud. those are 70$+ each. It only uses premium gas, which around where i am is running about 4.50 a gallon, and if you decide to drive it hard you will probably get around 12mpg. There are so many other maintenance things I'm not even mentioning, but owning a Z is expensive.

Originally Posted by DesiKing
Yes I'm Indian but I'm not skinny

I am a car enthusiast, I might not know as much as everyone else here, but I absolutely love cars. And I don't look down upon anyone! How many times do I have to say that??

I would love to have ANY CAR. I don't have a car right now and if I have to do anything, I WALK there. So yea, I wouldn't mind getting a 95 Accord with 150,000 kms. However, if I have the money to get a nicer car, then why not? Hell I'd buy an accord and save the rest of my money, but it'd break down and cost too much for repairs than the car itself.

Just because everyone here is older than me and knows a **** load more than I do doesn't mean you should flame me. I came in respectful, and all I get is ****. And I'm still being respectful because being an *** is not something I do. All I asked is for some advice, constructive criticism works fine too, but no, you all had to flame me, and for what?? You are the ones that really need to grow up, because the path you all are walking right now is gonna give you all major problems in life.

So that's all I ask for. Some common courtesy.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:17 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Way to quote his first post yall!

Easy lesson in humility, Op I recommend a civic. Why? Cause power can be had from a Honda for cheap. If you treat it right and mod it tastefully. I see no problem is owning one. Plus it's very inexpensive compared to even the cheapest Z. Your research was just to get the Z but not drive an enjoy it. Also you can get your automotive applied knowledge up instead of using superstreet/magazines as a source of knowledge!

Do come back!

Last edited by KingBaby; 05-07-2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: I can spell!
Old 05-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Raybrant

I have to say, this was a very entertaining read.
Thanks OP for the thread.