Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Z

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 08:49 PM
Raybrant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah thanks for the videos.
It makes me thankful that I got HFCs instead of Test Pipes, they sound terrible in my opinion, haha.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:57 PM
m3a5g0

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by winchman
Thanks for posting the great videos. Gotta love the guy who sits calmly in front of a car doing 130+, even if it's tied down.

I could hardly afford gas when I was in school, and it was only 30 cents a gallon.
What time frame was this? I remember when it hit one whole dollar for a gallon (2000)....and I was pissed! hard to believe it's gone up so much since then...
Old 05-16-2011, 11:30 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

pics of the injen delete thingy
Old 05-17-2011, 02:55 AM
winchman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was in college in the mid-'60s. My car then was a '54 Ford business coupe with a 239ci OHV V8.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:28 AM
370zGatorman

Originally Posted by smirk
Where does one buy these emblems? They look sick
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...Q5fAccessories
Old 05-17-2011, 07:54 AM
AadosX

Thanks everyone for the comments! I do my best with her haha.. it isn't my first car to mod but I am still learning new stuff every day.

Originally Posted by kno
nice build thread op, and dont worry i have the same transmission issues however mine grinds on reverse and sometimes on seconds gear. try letting the car warm up a bit before moving it, ive noticed i rarely get grinds when its warm
Thanks! Yeah I do the same.. try to let her warm up for at least a sec and baby her for the first few miles.

Originally Posted by 350zGatorman
Hey, your Z's still looking good! I still have your LMGT4's and keep them looking MINT I ordered the JDM Z emblems for the front and back for my Z and they should arrive this week. I'm going to delete my 350z emblem as well. Did you have a "shadow" in the paint after removing your emblem and if so were you able to get rid of it? Oh, I deleted my rear wiper and sprayer as well after seeing your car in person EDIT: Just removed my 350z emblem and it left a red shadow from the letters. I applied and removed around 10 coats of Scratch-X and it went from easily visible to so light that you have to be in a certain light to barely see it! It looks great and I'm just waiting on the Z emblems now.
I appreciate it dude.. again it was good doing the trade with ya! I'm glad you're taking care of them! As far as the debadge.. yes I STILL have a tiny bit of residue where the "350Z" used to be.. even after Goof-Off (the orange kind) and claybar. The clay-bar did help though.. you can really only see it if you get right up to it and in a certain light.. so it doesn't bother me. From a foot away you would never notice. I may try ScratchX though after seeing your post. That stuff worked wonders on some scratches on my car.. I had my doubts but it is legit! I try to use it sparingly though.

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z
i must have sensitive ears. That sounds terrible. Great vid though.
Haha.. yeah I agree. Most of my friends like it but it is just too much for me personally.. I guess I am getting old. I am waiting for Tony to release his revised ART Pipes and I'll be giving those a shot.. hopefully they will quiet her down a good bit. If not, it's back to stock cats for me. IMO the car sounded just perfect with the cats, but I can't say no to almost 20 WHP!

Originally Posted by n8dog11914
Aados, your build thread is coming along nicely. Poor folk? I had to Co-op two semesters just to get a 2003 model with high miles... lol.

I take it you go to Auburn and probably a ME major?
Georgia Tech ME Class of 2011 here

Hopefully we will meet again at a future Atlanta autocross or even better, at Barber.
Well I'm kind of dumb and spend all of my money on my car haha.. it's sad really. My GF definitely doesn't like it. Awesome dude! I used to be ME actually but now I'm Economics haha.. go figure. I love econ though. ME is good stuff though for sure.

Originally Posted by miLes.
car looks good man. clean... yet simple, just my style. can't wait to see the "finale" of this build thread
Thanks a lot! But you know, it's never over..!

Originally Posted by Raybrant
Whoa... you said you're a BROKE college student?!
RPF1's and LMGT4's isn't what I consider cheap... Really jealous you can afford all that stuff in school to be honest.
Haha read above. I do what I can. The RPF1's were cheap though. And had to sell the LMGT4's for cash for school at the time. I try to do one decent mod per semester. And I buy everything used and hold-out for good deals.. it's amazing the deals you can find if you're really patient.

Originally Posted by KingBaby
pics of the injen delete thingy
I don't have pics but it's very simple. Basically the Injen's make you ditch one resonator on the drivers side intake tube. Then there is the hose that goes from the drivers side intake tube to essentailly what is a T (a small box with 3 inlets). One of the hoses coming off that T goes into either the crank case or valve cover for ventilation, and then the other hose runs in front of the plenum, through a resonator box, and into the passenger side intake tube. I just replaced that resonator box with a tube essentially. I doubt it does anything other than maybe making the intakes 1 db louder lol.

Last edited by AadosX; 05-17-2011 at 07:58 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Kimosabe

Keep it clean .. i love it. I wish my Z was an HR.... I don't care what any DE owner says.. but NA + 270whp compared to the 230 DE has. Eff you Nissan for screwing us over!! Could you have at least waited till the 370 came out before you stuck it to the guys who bought the Z33 when they first came out!?!?
Old 05-17-2011, 08:35 AM
AadosX

Hahaha, yeah I feel you man. Actually I lucked out when I got my Z and somehow managed to get a great deal on my HR. I didn't really know all of the differences at the time and needless to say I'm happy I got lucky! All Z's are sick though! I'll never forget the first time I saw a Z on the road.. they've been one of my favorite cars since they came out. 8)
Old 05-17-2011, 12:33 PM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice build thread so far, making good power too
Old 05-22-2011, 01:42 PM
xilovelsdx

nice car dude definitely has been giving me some info on what i want to buy for mine.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:06 AM
AadosX

I appreciate it guys!

Well, I have some bad news. When driving on the interstate this weekend at night a truck tire tread came out of nowhere and I didn't have enough time to dodge it. It got the bottom of my bumper pretty bad so there is a small black scuff and it actually pulled down a little section of the undershroud some, but I was able to pop that back in. However the bad part is that it flexed the bumper so much that the paint has spiderweb cracks in it now around the area. Not sure what I'm going to do.. grrr! Luckily it's not hugely noticable but needless to say I'm pretty pissed. DAMN TRUCK TIRES!

I haven't even been able to get under the car yet but hopefully there is no other damage from it. It also literally cut into the sidewall of my front tire but I think it's still ok.

/rant
Old 05-25-2011, 07:41 AM
doshoru

Man, that sucks!!

I got my 07 in mint condition with 16k miles last fall. Within the first 2-3 days, I was exiting the highway, and saw a plastic underbody piece coming flying up from over the top of the car in front of me. It hit my front bumper, cartwheeled over the hood, hit the glass, cartwheeled over the roof, and hit the spoiler before it was all over.

It mostly buffed out, but man was I pissed!!!!
Old 06-03-2011, 09:10 AM
AadosX

Car is running not perfect (great, but not perfect) with the bolt-ons untuned, need a tune soon!

More info here:
https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-...powerband.html
Old 06-15-2011, 08:54 AM
Gonzo84

nice work...besides what happened.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:15 AM
tiffuhhkneex0

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im sorry about what happened to your car its gorgeous and put together very nicely, I love it!! im sure you'll get it looking perfect again!!
Old 06-16-2011, 08:19 AM
PrimeX

Very, very clean build. This is what I like! Great job.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:48 AM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

when making vids, please use the same spot, and angle for all the sounds. because i honestly have no idea what the "stock" cats sounded like compared to the closer sound of the TP's.

car does look clean, and i applaud you for that.

if that is your dive way as well, then sheeeeeeit i would not drop that Z.

( to who has them tacky a$$ emblems) nasty.....
Old 06-18-2011, 08:58 AM
AadosX

Thanks a lot for the comments guys!

Just a few updates..

I still haven't assessed the full extent of the damage from that truck tire. The other day I noticed some broken plastic pieces in the bumper area (they fell out when I pulled the under-tray off to do an oil change). I need to just take the bumper off and see what's up. Looks like the rest of the car is ok though.. and I didn't notice anything broken from the outside so I'm not sure where the plastic came from. It definitely pulled my fender liner back though some, so a few of the clips popped out.. need to replace those. Might even need a new fender liner grr.

Also, I've sold the RPF1's to my buddy so I'm back on stock wheels for the time being. It's not so bad though, I honestly like the stock wheels. I need to get some spacers though haha. Thinking of going with 30mm rear and 25mm front.

Lastly, I've been in the process of installing some ART Pipes. They're... interesting... they sound great but I'm having some fitment issues. More on that later once everything is said and done!
Old 10-30-2014, 11:41 AM
Z33KLF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice!