Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

3M Paint Protection Kits are HERE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 11:33 AM
krinkov

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3M Paint Protection Kits are HERE!!!!

Hey Guys,

The 3M Paint Protection Film Kits just got finished and they turned out great! the bumper piece covers all the way out to the wheel openings and the hood piece covers nearly a full 2 feet of the hood! The kits will be ready to ship out Monday. we are taking orders starting today, These are the full coverage kits( hood, fenders, mirrors, bumper, and headlight kit) and are $275 shipped to you and we will put you in touch with an installer near you. I take payments through Paypal or I can COD if you prefer. For those of you in California, we are offering these kits installed for $495. Our shop is located in The San Francisco bay area and we also have a mobile unit that can meet you anywhere in the bay area for an install.

For those in So Cal, we are organizing an install day next weekend(Sat. 14th), please contact me or reply to this post if you are in So Cal and are interested. We will be doing the installs here:

The Tint Factory
2033 South La Cienega Blvd.
Los Angeles

This would also be a great chance to meet other members on the forum and get some 350s together for some pics.

Please contact me for orders or more information. Jeremy 707-328-5865 or at invisiguard@sbcglobal.net
Old 09-06-2002, 01:14 PM
ndriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont have my car yet, but when i do I'd like to get the 3M kit, do you know good installers in any of the following regions

o New Hampshire
o Massachusetts
o New Jersey
Old 09-06-2002, 02:40 PM
krinkov

look here http://www.xpel.com/forms/installform.html for an installer near you, if your interested I can still ship you a kit cheaper than anywhere else. Let me know!
Old 09-06-2002, 03:46 PM
Lee3Z

I don't have my car yet but it should be arriving in 3days. I am interested and wondered if you have any one who can do the install in Slidell/New Orleans area.
Old 09-06-2002, 06:26 PM
krinkov

look here http://www.xpel.com/forms/installform.html for an installer near you, if your interested I can still ship you a kit cheaper than anywhere else. Let me know!
Old 09-06-2002, 06:34 PM
Z PHAT Z

I'm pretty new to this stuff, but can you tell me after installing the kit, can you take it off without taking the paint off too ?
Thank you! I'm also very interested in it.
Old 09-06-2002, 07:22 PM
robf
Charter Member #70

Default krinkov

I will be contacting a couple of the local installers (northern virginia) tomorrow. Are the kits only available from you, i.e., will the installers be able to get the kits themselves from xpel, or are the kits only from you. Do you think I would get a better install price if if I bought the kit/install from the intaller or do you think it really matters?

Thanks... I am picking up my car on Monday and want to get the bra on as soon as possible.
Old 09-06-2002, 08:53 PM
krinkov

All dealers have seperate prices for kits and installs, I have installed quite a few kits before that I didnt sell, usually when someone buys them to install themselves then realizes they've gotten in over their head so it shouldnt be a problem. You can ask but We're selling these at a much lower price than any other dealer in the country right now so dont expect them to better. And yes, the film is completely removable at any time with no damage to the painted surface. Jeremy
Old 09-06-2002, 09:52 PM
analog

Good deal and, more importantly, great info you've been passing on along the way about proper paint care. Question: what should an owner do (or not do) to prep the surface for 3M install? I usually clean/polish/wax my new cars on Day 1, but the 3M system is new to me and want to do it right. Also, after install, is it OK to wax up to and/or over the 3M material, or will something like a white residue form at the edge or on the 3M surface? Is one type of wax more compatible than another with the 3m treatment? Thanks.
Old 09-06-2002, 10:27 PM
krinkov

Before installing a paint protection kit, we wash the area that will be installed and lift off all old wax and bug residue with adhesive remover, all wax has to be removed to insure proper adhesion so dont bother waxing it prior to installation. Then we go over it with a clay bar, they I hit it one last time with adhesive remover to make sure no clay residue remains. Clay bar'ing a new car is important since not many people realize that most new cars are still transported by rail and metalic rail dust becomes impregnated in the painted surface of the car as it is transported. You wouldnt think it would be alot, but Ive seen 3M kits on cars where you can see the contamination under the film if they werent clayed.

There can be a bit of residue in the edges after waxing, but this is a fact of life on any car you wax, you spend a bit of time later on wiping the excess residue out of cracks and edges in the car. Its not that bad and I find that a softened edge of a toothpic does the job just fine on the edges of the film. Other than that you can put any kind of wax over the film. 3M included a clear-coat top layer on their film so it acts just like any other painted surface of the car.
Old 09-07-2002, 01:51 AM
z461

Originally posted by krinkov
Before installing a paint protection kit, we wash the area that will be installed and lift off all old wax and bug residue with adhesive remover, all wax has to be removed to insure proper adhesion so dont bother waxing it prior to installation. Then we go over it with a clay bar, they I hit it one last time with adhesive remover to make sure no clay residue remains. Clay bar'ing a new car is important since not many people realize that most new cars are still transported by rail and metalic rail dust becomes impregnated in the painted surface of the car as it is transported. You wouldnt think it would be alot, but Ive seen 3M kits on cars where you can see the contamination under the film if they werent clayed.

There can be a bit of residue in the edges after waxing, but this is a fact of life on any car you wax, you spend a bit of time later on wiping the excess residue out of cracks and edges in the car. Its not that bad and I find that a softened edge of a toothpic does the job just fine on the edges of the film. Other than that you can put any kind of wax over the film. 3M included a clear-coat top layer on their film so it acts just like any other painted surface of the car.
That clay bar quote is very interesting... Now what if my car was delivered in LA..I assume it was trucked over from the port... should I still be clay-baring it? That would be quite a pain in the *** considering I just waxed and polished it twice and would have to strip all of it then start over.
Old 09-07-2002, 08:17 AM
krinkov

I think you'll be alright in LA. we just clay bar every car we do just to be thorough. But dont forget, trains arent the only way metal particles get into your paint, brake dust from everyday driving is the biggest long term culprit.
Old 09-10-2002, 08:01 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

krinkov,

There are several installers in Austin TX area. Can you recommend the most experience one that will install the kit if I buy from you.
Old 09-10-2002, 09:53 PM
krinkov

UPDATE!!!
Im sorry to have to say this, but effective immediatly
we can no longer sell uninstalled kits at the
promotional price of $275. Unfortunatly we had
estimated a discounted price to offer the kits to the
my350Z.com forum members before the kit was finished
and our cost had been calculated, and as it turns out
we are now selling these kits at a loss. At this time we are only filling the orders we have
recieved payments for up to this point. We will still be offering the installation price to our
California customers for the rest of this month. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone.
Jeremy
Old 09-10-2002, 10:10 PM
krinkov

UPDATE!!!

We are changing the date for our LA install meet to the first weekend in October(10/4) to be able to accomodate a more convenient day for those interested in an install. Please mail me if you are interested in an install on this day or please feel free to just stop by.
The installs will take place at the Tint Factory at the address posted above.
Thanks!
Jeremy
Old 09-10-2002, 10:14 PM
z461

Hey Krinkov, are you still coming down Saturday? Also, do you expect headlight kits to be out by then?
Old 09-10-2002, 11:05 PM
JMPoulin

Default 3 m kits

Hi

I contacted you before on these kits. I live in Toronto and would likr to buy one of these kits . I van give you my amex no. I am not familiar with pay-pal

How do we do this .

Mike
Old 09-11-2002, 08:39 AM
bighamz

Ghetto... not everyone gets their cars this month.
Old 09-11-2002, 09:18 AM
krinkov

Sorry but we wont be down this Sat, honestly I didnt get one reply to the posts I had put up about us heading down this weekend, so we decided to put it off till we had a date that we had confirmed people that wanted to come out. Hope to see you there!
Old 09-11-2002, 09:20 AM
krinkov

Mike, please reafd my prior post, we are no linger send out 3M kits at this time. Sorry, its just not practical for us to sell these at a loss.

Quick Reply: 3M Paint Protection Kits are HERE!!!!