Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My god, pictures don't do it justice....

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 12:49 PM
vyb2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your definantly right. I got so lucky to see a 350z at courtesy nissan as I was picking some parts for my z32 a couple of weeks ago, what a shock! Before I actually saw the car in person I had a so so feeling about the car from pictures. Even when it was at the autoshow on that turn table, just didnt look the same at all. The car must be seen in person on the street to appreciate it! Pictures make the car look weak like miata-ish if you havent seen it yet. Only after that do you see that the car looks very well balanced and just hugs the ground. In pictures it appears much much smaller than in real life. The wheel arches are not even noticable in pictures, flows really nice with the car makes it look very muscular. Also lines in the back of the car come out in real life, I didnt like the back at all in the pictures, in real life everything flows and it doesnt appear to be completely round. Now I understand why so many compare it to a TT and say it looks like one, you cant see the cuts in the body and the lines in pictures, so it looks rounder than it really is. Once seen in real life, everybodys opinion will instantly change.

Honestly when I was looking at pictures I didnt like it very much, which didnt surprise me because I thought that the z32 was one of the best designs and could not really be improved upon. Boy was I wrong. It made my z32 look weak and outdated, the stance of the 350z just makes it look so aggressive, and very elegant at the same time.

Before I saw it I already had my mind set on the g35 coupe in a couple of years when I graduate college. Well just looking at the Z changed my mind. Even the little factors that I like, for instance a sunroof, t-tops or a back seats, were not even a factor anymore after seeing the Z, I didnt even car about them anymore.

And wow is that chrome silver nice! makes the whole car appear 20k more, cant speak for the other colors since I have only seen a chrome silver performance model in real life.

I bet once people start to see the car on the road they will appreciate it much more, and we wont get so much of the "its ugly, it looks like a beetle, it looks like a TT".
Old 09-06-2002, 01:13 PM
airgate

I'm hoping to have the same reaction! I have yet to see one in the flesh!
Old 09-06-2002, 01:18 PM
ColecatZ

Originally posted by airgate
I'm hoping to have the same reaction! I have yet to see one in the flesh!
Wow...I'm excited for you to see it. Vyb2, hits it on the head about the lines.....I kept telling ppl it looked better in person and nobody could understand, even all my Z32 friends I hang with. There was deffinatly much more appreciation for the car and for what Nissan had done after the were able to see it in person.

Can't wait till you see one.