Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my Z - Tint done, Invisiguard installed-WHEW!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 12:48 PM
350zfreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Z - Tint done, Invisiguard installed-WHEW!

Just picked it up yesterday. I cant believe I was only able to put 45 miles on it so far as it has been in various shops ever since I picked it up! Its a Black Touring 6MT and I did the metalized tint. Invisiguard was kind enough to use my car for their Z template and they are finishing that project as I write. The reason for my post is if anyone wants to see pics of the car with tint/invisiguard done I'd be happy to take some, however I have nowhere to post them so if anyone has requests I'd be happy to take some digital pics and e-mail them to someone who can post them.

What a beautiful car, especially with the tint done-makes it look even more expensive! And as for the invisiguard - I had only put about 45 miles on it when I brought it to the shop and noticed there were already a bunch of dead bugs on the bumper/hood! I had never seen so many bugs from such short distance driving before, this car must be a bug MAGNET! I'm glad I'm getting this done right away, looks like amazing stuff. I would highly recommend it. All these damn trucks in Texas made my MR2 Spyder look like it got smoked with a shotgun, I wish I would have done it to that car. Don't think I'll ever own another car without the putting the invisiguard on it.

Time to put some MILES on this car!

Later
Old 09-05-2002, 01:34 PM
herkp

I'm in S.A. also. Who/where is Invisiguard, is that the same as the 3M product? I'm definitely wanting a clear hood protection whenever my car shows up.

herkp
Old 09-05-2002, 02:50 PM
JZC

How much did your tint job run you?
Old 09-05-2002, 02:59 PM
Todd

Cool Re: Got my Z - Tint done, Invisiguard installed-WHEW!

Originally posted by 350zfreak
I had never seen so many bugs from such short distance driving before, this car must be a bug MAGNET!
A BUG Magnet?? Damn, I thought it'd be a BABE Magnet! Oh well....

BTW, why don't you post some pics in this thread?
Old 09-05-2002, 03:20 PM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Originally posted by herkp
I'm in S.A. also. Who/where is Invisiguard, is that the same as the 3M product? I'm definitely wanting a clear hood protection whenever my car shows up.

herkp
Yep, not in SA, but even lower on the Texas food chain in Corpus Christi and will not allow these morons to touch my car. The where's and how much's answers will help out tremendously. Thanks.
Old 09-06-2002, 08:39 AM
350zfreak

My tint job ran $269 with a lifetime warranty against scratches (of any kind) & they'll replace it at the dealership during a service. Name of the company is Diamond. They are nationwide.

The invisiguard is made by 3M. They actually used my car for the template for the nationwide availability of the product. They told me it should be available for the public in 1-2 weeks. He said it was one of the more difficult cars he has done - in the same league as an S2000 (which makes sense as the front ends of these two cars are similar.) sounds like it will not be cheap but he really couldn't give me an idea of price. For anyone in the San Antonio area I would HIGHLY recommend the place that did mine. Reflex Enterprises, Rege (pronounced Reggie) Brunner is the CEO. Give him a call at 210.342.7114 and he can hook you up. This is the place that does all of the templates for cars for 3M invisiguard nationwide. They do all types of exotics, 360 Modena's, GT2's you name it (the CEO's M3 SMG is also done) he said call him for more info.

The way they did it was amazing. The invisiguard covers the entire front bumper and side mirrors and it goes about half way up the hood. They did a beautiful job! I feel much better knowing my car is now protected - no rock chips for me!

Later
Old 09-06-2002, 09:57 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

Originally posted by 350zfreak

The invisiguard is made by 3M. sounds like it will not be cheap but he really couldn't give me an idea of price.
So how much did you paid for the invisiguard?
Old 09-06-2002, 11:39 AM
krinkov

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Guys,

The 3M Paint Protection Film Kits just got finished and they turned out great! the bumper piece covers all the way out to the wheel openings and the hood piece covers nearly a full 2 feet of the hood! The kits will be ready to ship out Monday. we are taking orders starting today, These are the full coverage kits( hood, fenders, mirrors, bumper, and headlight kit) and are $275 shipped to you and we will put you in touch with an installer near you. I take payments through Paypal or I can COD if you prefer. For those of you in California, we are offering these kits installed for $495. Our shop is located in The San Francisco bay area and we also have a mobile unit that can meet you anywhere in the bay area for an install.

For those in So Cal, we are organizing an install day next weekend(Sat. 14th), please contact me or reply to this post if you are in So Cal and are interested. We will be doing the installs here:

The Tint Factory
2033 South La Cienega Blvd.
Los Angeles

This would also be a great chance to meet other members on the forum and get some 350s together for some pics.

Please contact me for orders or more information. Jeremy 707-328-5865 or at invisiguard@sbcglobal.net
Old 09-06-2002, 11:43 AM
krinkov

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey! Glad to hear everything turned out great. Yeah, if you can post some pics of the kit installed that would be great, thanks again for letting us use your 350!
Old 09-06-2002, 11:57 AM
ExtaZ
Charter Member #102

Is the metallic tint affecting the tire pressure sensors at all? I am looking to add tint to my windows, but am a slight bit concerned about interfering with the pressure sensors.
Old 09-06-2002, 12:21 PM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

Originally posted by ExtaZ
Is the metallic tint affecting the tire pressure sensors at all? I am looking to add tint to my windows, but am a slight bit concerned about interfering with the pressure sensors.
I just got the metallic film installed on my Z, I think it's called NICHROME. Tire pressure sensor works fine, no problem at all!
Old 09-06-2002, 12:23 PM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

How will it look with clear film up to 2feet of the hood? so it doesn't cover the whole hood? will you see/feel the cut off line?
Old 09-06-2002, 01:23 PM
350zfreak

My metalized film does not affect my tire pressure monitor at all either. Don't be worried about it at all-the 30 lbs. of gold I wear around my neck Mr.T style dosen't even affect it

krinkov, Thank you so much for the invisiguard! It was very generous of you and I am extremely happy with it!

In response to the question about seeing the film, yes you can see it (the line) if you look for it. Just like you will see all the rock chips and dents your bumper/hood will get if you don't get it. I am NOT a rep for this company - I am just a very impressed customer. I wasn't too excited about getting the kit on my car at first, worried I would see it too much, then I waxed my MR2 Spyder in preparation for selling it and realized this product is a necessity! I have rock chips ALL OVER my Spyder bumper and hood and it SUCKS! The small line is a no-brainer tradeoff to the way my Spyder looks. It made me even more comfortable to see all the high end cars they've done. If you want to see some pics go to the website at

www.xpel.com

or directly to the pics at

http://www.xpel.com/gallery.html

Just my $.02 worth.