Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Anyone with a "W" order number?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 07:48 PM
KDsZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My order number is W179xx. I talked to my dealer (in Houston , TX) today and he said that based upon his previous orders that have come in, mine should be in the process of being built! He estimated a delivery of mid-late October. So, it would appear that that is consistent with what everyone is being told so far. Come on October!!!!

PPW, 5AT, Frost, all options except bags and nav.
Old 09-06-2002, 08:43 PM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a base Z on order with a W*** order number.

dealer says september production, and then (probably early) november delivery.

If it comes in october id be so stoked i'll to a backflip.
Old 09-06-2002, 10:18 PM
NittoZ
Charter Member #65

Z Crazy: NNA has confirmed my delivery date so December may just be a safety time from your dealer.

NittoZ
Old 09-06-2002, 10:39 PM
roberto350z

W1 here too...and an enthusiast! Hmmm, It may have something to do with base and enthusiast. Sure, there will be some tourings and such mixed in, but in general looks like it. Also, the cars delivered recently or before have generally been tourings. I know delivery has nothing to do with order date, cuz alot of us early orders are getting the shaft and alot of more recent buyers with tourings are getting theirs with only a 6 month wait.

Potential good news: maybe as they retool or reconfigure or whatever for our cars, they will iron out some bugs!

Mayber nissans most profitable is the touring so they are just simply looking for some faster revenue.
Old 09-07-2002, 05:28 AM
barnicleboy
Banned

Default Re: Order # ??????

Originally posted by zbest
I have asked for one several times...cant get an answer on it...and I gave the dealer my down paymt in MAY... I dont know what to do....Reigonal Manager said the production window was next week and if i wanted to make a change on the car, he needed to know today....but he couldnt give me a answer on when the dealer ordered it or the # it self...said his PC was down....and he was writting down the change from AT to MT on paper....Dealer told me earlier this week ETA was end of year or even after the first of year....did the lose my order and are afraid to admit it...
You should have info, I put my down payment early may, got a T tracking number, and already have a vin# and delivry..
Old 09-07-2002, 05:34 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

According to my dealer I have a Sept. production with delivery in late Oct. or early Nov.
Old 09-07-2002, 06:04 AM
LS350Z
Charter Member #56

I'll chime in on the Big 3 deal here, W, Enthusiast, & November. Wheeeee, the worst part of the waiting now is seeing other Zs on the road.

Saw this beautiful Super Black with Burnt Orange interior Touring the other day, WOW! Also have seen several Chrome with Frost interior, sweet. Still haven't seen a Lemans Sunset, Redline, or Brickyard yet.
Old 09-07-2002, 09:39 AM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LS350Z
Wheeeee, the worst part of the waiting now is seeing other Zs on the road.

I've had the luxury of not seeing any Z's on the road. I want mine to be the first one I see.....love at first sight....
Old 09-07-2002, 09:05 PM
Driven

One more to report: W180xxx for me. Mine's a performance however. I had originally been told Sept. but as of recent have been told Nov. 2nd! Don't want to wait, and if a dealer nearby gets a cancelled order I may just cheat on my baby!

Everyone with "W" tracking numbers please keep posting and let the rest of us know as soon as you see your vin.
Old 09-07-2002, 09:28 PM
Shogun
Charter Member #54

T-tracking number ordered 1-15-02 expected delivery date went on the monthly ride Aug., Sept., Oct. and now Nov. until it changes to Dec.

Yeah, I'm an Enthusiast, just biding my time.

Joe
Old 09-08-2002, 05:53 AM
LS350Z
Charter Member #56

I had a really long discussion with the owner of my dealership yesterday while drooling over a Silverstone/Burnt Orange Touring Z yesterday (the car is owned by the dealership and driven by him). Still no VIN yet but the recent order sheet still says Nov 2002. He explained to me how the order sheet works and how it will take 20-35 days from build (or from being loaded at the docks, he's not sure exactly which) till receiving the car based off of other imported vehicles (maximum is imported and I think he said Pathfinder as well). His best guess for me was to expect my VIN at the end of Sept with a delivery date no later then mid-Nov. Also according to him, Nissan likes to be consertative but for the sake of keeping my expectations low, I'm planning on delivery mid to late Nov. ABout the only think I can say about this ordeal is my dealership has been great.