Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Fat SUV disapproved of my speed

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 01:51 PM
wildone_106

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fat SUV disapproved of my speed

I had lane all to myself so I felt like laying a bit of throttle, I could see an SUV up ahead must have seen me coming and tried to speed up a bit to match me but could'nt, when I saw him about 200 feet behind me he's flashing his hi-beams like I just caused a jet wash on his vehicle or something?! what the heck does the lights thing mean!

On another note, Seattle women ARE so into cars yet utterly refuse to acknowledge the presence of a Z..its more than just co-incicende I really think they're stuck up here, just venting
Old 12-11-2003, 02:33 PM
MyZ4U2C

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a dude riding my *** the other day...he was in some BMW Sport Ute and when the traffic permitted, he just floored it to pass me....well we had just left a stop light and turned onto a four lane road.....i was just in second gear and when i saw him floor it, i nailed it as well. To make a long story short, he never smelled it....i could tell he was pissed. Why do folks thing their SUV's are fast? Even most of the "fast" ones are slow compared to our car....unless its like a Porsche Cayenne Turbo or something.
Old 12-11-2003, 02:40 PM
xlacrosse

i cant agree with with the whole SUV thing... there plenty of times im driving down the belt parkway around 70ish in the left lane, when some A$$ in a SUV starts tailing me.

Me being a person who cant STAND being tailgated with either
a) Tap the brake a lil... maybe scare em off.
b) downshift to 4 or even third and let the car slow to around 50ish. When they get to the point they wanna swing around, ill just gun it... This method has seemed to work wonders, these suv guys finally realize how slow there 5000 pound station wagon is
Old 12-11-2003, 02:44 PM
gooters

Originally posted by xlacrosse
i cant agree with with the whole SUV thing... there plenty of times im driving down the belt parkway around 70ish in the left lane, when some A$$ in a SUV starts tailing me.

b) downshift to 4 or even third and let the car slow to around 50ish. When they get to the point they wanna swing around, ill just gun it... This method has seemed to work wonders, these suv guys finally realize how slow there 5000 pound station wagon is
If you are in the fast lane, maybe you need to move the **** over.

Wildone, maybe it was a hot chick in the SUV and she wanted you to follow her to a resteraunt bar so she could meet you and fantasize about banging you in your car?
Old 12-11-2003, 02:47 PM
xlacrosse

dude its aa 50mph road... 70ish is def FAST for the fast lane. its just these dumb ***'s in the SUV's that cause the problems.
Old 12-11-2003, 02:53 PM
rummya87

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to jack the thread, but lacrosse is amazing
Old 12-11-2003, 03:02 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Fat SUV disapproved of my speed

A week or two ago, I was on my way to court driving down a street at about 35-40 mph. A big 'ol brown SUV was in a driveway to my right with the reverse lights on. Well, I just pass on through and wait at the next signal light.

The SUV pulls up next to me and this large woman starts screaming "you need to slow down on MY street! I've written down your license number and you will be in trouble!"

I look at this woman and stare in disbelief and then find myself saying back to her "you need to mind your own business you big fat *****." Geeze, I couldn't believe I said that, it's very out of character for me to be insulting an overweight person by calling them fat. Anyway, she caught me on the wrong day at the wrong moment complaining about the wrong thing.

After I said that, the light turned green and she squealed her tires peeling out. I think she needs to take her own advice and slow down
Old 12-11-2003, 03:04 PM
wildone_106

I seriously doubt it, it was a POS oldish one!

"Wildone, maybe it was a hot chick in the SUV and she wanted you to follow her to a resteraunt bar so she could meet you and fantasize about banging you in your car?"
Old 12-11-2003, 03:08 PM
jedoublery

xlacrosse
Sorry, it doesn't matter what is the speed limit, it's one of those unwritten rule.

YOU DON'T STAY IN THE LEFT LANE UNLESS YOU ARE PASSING OTHER CARS.
Move the **** over!
Old 12-11-2003, 03:08 PM
bixby

Hey! I drive an SUV. Maybe because I also have 3 Z's I don't fall into the "dumb a$$ SUV driver" category? Maybe? huh?
Old 12-11-2003, 03:23 PM
Dissident

Actually, it's even a written rule in some places. OH had signs saying "slower traffic keep right". I never drive on the left unless I am passing, and if every else did that, I wouldn't have to pass people on the right.
Old 12-11-2003, 03:23 PM
xlacrosse

Originally posted by jedoublery
xlacrosse
Sorry, it doesn't matter what is the speed limit, it's one of those unwritten rule.

YOU DON'T STAY IN THE LEFT LANE UNLESS YOU ARE PASSING OTHER CARS.
Move the **** over!
dude trust me , on a daily basis im ussauly passing all the traffic.
Old 12-11-2003, 05:56 PM
jedoublery

dude trust me , on a daily basis im ussauly passing all the traffic.
Yes, I believe you. Good for you!
So when you have someone on your @ss, move over.
Old 12-11-2003, 06:51 PM
doofy

Old 12-11-2003, 07:00 PM
Electro Z

We ahve signs here saying that if you are driving 65 stay out of the left lane.. not that most truckers read and adhear to it. Nothing is worse than a fool in a SUV trying to out drive you on the hi way.

EZ
Old 12-11-2003, 07:16 PM
MyZ4U2C

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Why are SUV drivers so dumb to think that "Tall, Heavy & Wide" equals fast? SUV's are dogs and folks are always trying to gun them driving down the road!
Old 12-11-2003, 07:23 PM
N74DV

in Arizona, if a vehicle in the fast lane is going slower than the flow of traffic, they MUST pull over into a slower lane upon being flashed or honked at by the car approaching from their rear.

here it is

--------------

A.R.S. 28-723

Except when overtaking and passing on the right is permitted, the driver of an overtaken vehicle shall give way to the right in favor of the overtaking vehicle on audible signal or blinking of head lamps at nighttime and shall not increase the speed of the overtaken vehicle until completely passed by the overtaking vehicle.
Old 12-11-2003, 07:32 PM
ml2316

Originally posted by xlacrosse

like someone else referred to... you are the one at fault (i'm talking etiquette, not law). get out of the fast lane if there's someone behind you. in fact, once you're done passing, get out of the fast lane. it took me like one drive on the freeway after i got my license to learn that obvious rule.

Last edited by ml2316; 12-11-2003 at 07:36 PM.
Old 12-11-2003, 07:34 PM
nigevellie

screw that. if i'm already going 20mph over the speed limit, you need to go around me, slow down, or f@#$ off. i'm not moving over. you can just suck it. this is not directed towards you personally, jedoublery, just to whoever starts riding up on me.
Old 12-11-2003, 07:37 PM
ml2316

Originally posted by nigevellie
screw that. if i'm already going 20mph over the speed limit, you need to go around me, slow down, or f@#$ off. i'm not moving over. you can just suck it. this is not directed towards you personally, jedoublery, just to whoever starts riding up on me.
it's a *passing* lane. if someone wants to pass you (if you have a right to break the speed limit, they do too), then they can't if the traffic on the right is slower.

Quick Reply: Fat SUV disapproved of my speed