Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Fat SUV disapproved of my speed

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 05:55 PM
zz-notop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't hate you and my comment was not personal. I have a lot of friends in Texas. I just think your driving attitudes are childish and selfish. You tend to irritate a lot of people who can't understand your need to be in the way and to act as a self appointed "public conscience". There are enough bad drivers out there contributing to "road rage" Don't be proud to be one of them. As for driving a "Z", if you're in the way-then you're in the way regardless of what you drive.
Old 12-12-2003, 06:43 PM
buzzdsm

Originally posted by jedoublery
xlacrosse
Sorry, it doesn't matter what is the speed limit, it's one of those unwritten rule.

YOU DON'T STAY IN THE LEFT LANE UNLESS YOU ARE PASSING OTHER CARS.
Move the **** over!
Agreed!
Old 12-12-2003, 07:51 PM
marhot

Default Mr. mofoz

I occasionally dislike people who are intellectually challenged, emotionally crippled, an automotive ignoramus, and financially stupid enough to buy a SUV. You are correct sir, I do not hate SUVs. A SUV is an inanimate object. I have no feelings toward inanimate objects. I do have opinions regarding and feelings toward people.

I do not HATE anyone or anything. I do have, on occasion, a negative emotional response to individuals who drive SUVs. These emotions are based on their actions while driving said vehicle, not because they merely own said vehicle. I try not to pre-judge people based on appearance, dress, or on the vehicle they drive.

That said, as stated in my prior post, my opinions are based on my observations. I mean no disrespect toward you or any SUV driver. I am sorry but, in my opinion, many (not all) people who drive SUVs have no “need” for them and don’t know how to drive them (or any vehicle for that matter). But this is a free country, you, everyone, and I have a right to buy whatever vehicle they want. (Thank God.) Manufactures have the right to build whatever they want.

To quote nigevellie
*shaking fist vigorously* “Stupid drivers! Arrggh. grrr”
Good one!

And finally, I apologize for being “childish”.

Peace to all, and goodnight.
Old 12-12-2003, 08:41 PM
Pit Bull

Not so fast. I think as Z owners we can all hate anyone that owns a Yugo Cause if they own a Yugo they got to be too dumb to live. Right guys
Old 12-13-2003, 09:16 AM
gooters

Originally posted by nigevellie
once again, there is no passing lane. on paper, maybe, but not in practical application. dude, i live here. i drive here. i should know. whatever. i've got no hate for anyone. so, anyone who doesn't agree with you is a troll? my bad. and zz-notop, i could care less what you and a bunch of people in colorado think of texans. i shared my opinion. you shared yours. i'm not gonna go around and attack anyone personally, that's stupid. let's just let it be. you have your opinions, i have mine. i'm not gonna try and change yours, please let this die already. this is waay offtopic now anyway. peace. no more hate. it's just a waste of everyone's time. we all drive Zs! yay for us!
Okay. Peace bud.
Old 12-13-2003, 10:18 AM
Jetpilot718

screw that. if i'm already going 20mph over the speed limit, you need to go around me, slow down, or f@#$ off. i'm not moving over. you can just suck it. this is not directed towards you personally, jedoublery, just to whoever starts riding up on me.

Wait, stop. Hold up a second. Dont look at it as "they are passing me/shaving seconds off their lap time/qualifying faster than me..."

ITS NOT A F**KIN RACE!! You wouldnt want to race side by side with 99 out of 100 people you meet on the road. Driving skills in America, sadly, are lax at best.

Think of it like this: Go ahead, pass me. You just became my runner - my reason for not getting pulled over if there is a cop waiting. Go ahead, have fun. And BTW, tell the officer to tell his wife I say "hi!" as I pass by your pulled-over !A lpha-S ierra-S ierra!
Old 12-13-2003, 12:32 PM
nigevellie

wow, that post sure upset a lot of people. on a slightly related thread, i was late for work today and followed an SUV who was going about 110mph on the freeway. and i feel you, jetpilot. having runners are fun. but we call them copbait here.
Old 12-13-2003, 03:12 PM
ZBaby

It's always interesting to hear someone who says the speed they are driving is fast enough and if you want to pass them you are going too fast. If you are driving 70 and come up behind someone running 65 I bet you think they should yield to you. If you are poking along at 70 in the high speed lane on some of the highways around here you will get run over. We have one of those "big" SUVs as well as the Z and we use the SUV for a lot of our travleing. I set the crusie and try to make as good as time as I can while trying to keep from running over the guys in the high speed lane who are trying to play traffic cop. Here in Ohio the law says yield to traffic who are traveling faster than you. You dont know why they are driving that fast and doesnt matter.. just get outta the way.
Old 12-13-2003, 06:39 PM
gooters

wow, that post sure upset a lot of people. on a slightly related thread, i was late for work today and followed an SUV who was going about 110mph on the freeway. and i feel you, jetpilot. having runners are fun. but we call them copbait here.
rabbits