Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Chrome Silver vs. Silverstone

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 02:32 PM
DruDragzOn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before I got my super black, I originally was planning on getting Silverstone. Silverstone and chrome silver are great though but if I had to pick between the two, I'd go with Silverstone. One downside is that so many people have opted for that color. It's the most popular.
Old 12-13-2003, 07:23 PM
Reb1281

I've always loved black, especially seeing it clean at night. The problem is that everyone who owns them complains about them and basically change their mind about buying another black car. This is scary to me, so it's always the first color I cross out when buying a car. Daytona Blue, Silverstone, and CS are the only colors that I have opted for the Z. Having owned a CS, I realized that it only looks good on a day with plenty of sunshine reflecting off of the metallic paint. SS is fascinating to me because, having seen it during a sunny day and at night, it has that shine like the CS but at night it looks very deep and is truly lovely(which the CS lacks). I guess I'll opt for a Silverstone Track w/ dealer-installed burnt orange seats. Now that we are on a different topic. How do you guys feel about a SS with burnt-orange, or do you think black would be a better option?? Pictures and opinions would be appreciated. Thanks for all the responses guys.
Old 12-13-2003, 08:43 PM
tiesto81

Reb1281, just curious, what made you go against having the DB? I am looking at probably getting the black when the time comes for me to get a Z. But i do love the daytona blue. Only reason I won't get it is because my civic si is a similar color -- want to try something new.

Also curious to know, did the dealers say they'd install the burnt orange seats in a track? The only reason i'm not getting tracks is because they don't have leather seats. The dealer said they could do aftermarket leather, but not actual touring seats leather seats which made me more cautious - I mean, i'd rather just get the one with the leather seats, and tack on the brembo brakepads/ray wheels later if i needed to :P
Old 12-13-2003, 10:51 PM
Reb1281

Originally posted by tiesto81
Reb1281, just curious, what made you go against having the DB? I am looking at probably getting the black when the time comes for me to get a Z. But i do love the daytona blue. Only reason I won't get it is because my civic si is a similar color -- want to try something new.

Also curious to know, did the dealers say they'd install the burnt orange seats in a track? The only reason i'm not getting tracks is because they don't have leather seats. The dealer said they could do aftermarket leather, but not actual touring seats leather seats which made me more cautious - I mean, i'd rather just get the one with the leather seats, and tack on the brembo brakepads/ray wheels later if i needed to :P

Financially speaking, it's wiser to buy the track model and get the katzkin burnt-orange leather. I'll let you know something, there's a reason that dealers always maintain a very high volume of touring vs. other models, and it's because they make a bundle on them. The track model model is, possibly, the best deal next to the enthusiast because you have to figure everything that you're getting with it. The touring has powered, and heated leather seats, with a crappy radio that they charge a bundle for. For an extra $900 dollars for the track model you get the great rays lightweight forged wheels, $2000+ brembo brakes, and the full aerodynamics package(with the underbody diffusers). With an extra $1500 you can get dealer-installed leather and a decent aftermarket stereo system(leagues better than the blose).

PS. I love the daytona blue, but I have to commit myself to such a visible color. I usually like to own status colors like silver and white(not black, for the reasons I mentioned before). If I went with a track DB, though, I'd definitely get the katzkin frost seats. Try to get this color vs. black as it's definitely beautiful and eye catching. Also, since it's metallic you won't have as much upkeep.
Old 12-13-2003, 11:32 PM
tiesto81

I hear about the katzkin leather stuff quite often. Is that just a brand of leather aftermarket seats that Nissan offers?

I'm assuming the aftermarket leather done is not the same as what is visible in the touring model? Any idea how much that goes for specifically (you mention 1500 but wasn't sure if you meant that for both the seats and the system)?

I definitely notice the benefit of all the features you mention. It's an awesome deal. I do wish they didn't include that rear spoiler on the Z track model though as I'm still not sold on it :P. But the rays and the brembo's are nice.

Choices choices...*sigh*

On a side note, what's everyone think of the le mans sunset color and the burnt orange interior? If those seats were tan as opposed to orange, they'd look a lot better IMO.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:29 AM
fairladyZ in Japan

Originally posted by Reb1281
I've always loved black, especially seeing it clean at night. The problem is that everyone who owns them complains about them and basically change their mind about buying another black car. This is scary to me, so it's always the first color I cross out when buying a car. Daytona Blue, Silverstone, and CS are the only colors that I have opted for the Z. Having owned a CS, I realized that it only looks good on a day with plenty of sunshine reflecting off of the metallic paint. SS is fascinating to me because, having seen it during a sunny day and at night, it has that shine like the CS but at night it looks very deep and is truly lovely(which the CS lacks). I guess I'll opt for a Silverstone Track w/ dealer-installed burnt orange seats. Now that we are on a different topic. How do you guys feel about a SS with burnt-orange, or do you think black would be a better option?? Pictures and opinions would be appreciated. Thanks for all the responses guys.

The SS with burnt orange seats look great. Took my 2nd test drive in that color combo... and my wife loved it.

However..... the stock Z seats are really bad, in my opinion -- terrible lumbar support.

My suggestion is to get the track model with the standard seats... and swap them out for Recaro or Sparco... or whatever you like.

MY Recaro is most pleasurable mod I have after the S-tune.