Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

contacting intensepower.com

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 11:04 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TheCanuck
Perfz is just a troll, plain and simple. I had to muzzle him in another thread and he send me an apology. Winning, he was mad.
Um Junior, you might want to check my join date and number of posts before you make yourself look like a total idiot. Oops - a bit late for that. You can dream up all the apologies you want - you are really good at dreaming things up, aren't you? You should stay in the 17 years old with Z's thread - they allow drivel over there.
As far as this thread goes, still waiting for Dave to chime in and say he got that PM regarding the merchant services debacle. My guess is even if he did get something, it isn't worth mentioning. Or, being a mod, wants to stay out of vendor dispute threads, which I would not blame him for.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:08 AM
PerfZ

Originally Posted by saywat?
interesting intenses site appears to still be taking orders. nothing is mentioned on the site. also if a merchant has a problem with a business they will still continue to allow the company to make more cc transactions?
My point exactly. Of course their web site has more disclaimers ( and typos/fractured English) than any vendor site I have ever seen. They practically warn you right up front to expect nothing except that you will get your parts, eventually. And don't call them once they have your money - you are not worthy. If i waited 3 days to respond to a clients e-mail, I would not have clients.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:15 AM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^its almost as if they didnt learn or something.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:19 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Just read the past 65 posts or so...

VO(subbed)
Old 10-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Idaho_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

still waiting on parts.... 10 weeks now....
Old 10-13-2011, 09:34 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 414 Likes on 237 Posts

got lots of contact by Han over the last few days, which is a decent sign at least.

Should have my engine out of hock within a few days into next week... we can go from there. He is aware they can help speed the chargeback and return of my funds process, and my bank states they have a maximum of 90 days to get my cash back to me.. anything more, they handle w the parties involved.
So either way, we should be moving fwd soon with baby steps on the engine, and on the main charge, should be moving fwd as well, albeit looks like that will be quite the drawn out process as well.

I havent had a Z for so long its almost let me break my addiction to it.. kinda weird. Ive been living life w out it for so long, i have to ask myself.. was it ever worth it? Am I/are we all totally nuts? haha. Oh well.. whaddya do.

Just glad to be home again.. get back to normal.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:23 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bmccann101
got lots of contact by Han over the last few days, which is a decent sign at least.

Should have my engine out of hock within a few days into next week... we can go from there. He is aware they can help speed the chargeback and return of my funds process, and my bank states they have a maximum of 90 days to get my cash back to me.. anything more, they handle w the parties involved.
So either way, we should be moving fwd soon with baby steps on the engine, and on the main charge, should be moving fwd as well, albeit looks like that will be quite the drawn out process as well.

I havent had a Z for so long its almost let me break my addiction to it.. kinda weird. Ive been living life w out it for so long, i have to ask myself.. was it ever worth it? Am I/are we all totally nuts? haha. Oh well.. whaddya do.

Just glad to be home again.. get back to normal.
I totally understand the frustration and uncertainty. My build took 3 years; I switched shops to Intense when another shop couldn't pay to get my engine and transmission back from SGP, even though I paid a $25,000 deposit. I was burned by SGP which caused my transmission to completely blow up, while on the way to Las Vegas. I went through 2 transmission builds and lots of other issues due to some poor business from other vendors. Intense took excellent care of me and turned my build around completely. They treated my build like the highest priority and did a lot of favors for me.

In the end, I have won 1st place in 6 shows, including a national show; 2nd place in another show (Mazzoo was 1st); it holds several world records; and recently was featured in Redline Magazine. If I had to do it all over again, I would in a heart beat! My point is that if you hang in there and finish it out, the end result will be worth all of the challenges. This isn't a hobby for the feint of heart. Big builds will inevitably have delays, unexpected expenses, and bumps in the road. You are in the middle of the hard part. Hang in there so you can reap the rewards. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or need advice with regard to the CC chargeback.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:44 PM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^how long ago was this? maybe intense was good back in the day or when they first started but doesnt look very good now and to try and vouche for a business that no longer is doing a good job kinda doesnt make sense.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:05 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Thnx man. I gotta tell ya.. contact and updates go a VERY LONG WAY in mitigating customer emotions and actions. I get tripped out when im calling from a hotel bar across the country and get no answer etc. I think ( hope) this is in stages of being rectified. I know im not getting ripped off..never had.
Thing is just need movement. I spent a long time hearing stuff and just saying " well.. ok. Ill call u next week them". And suddenly it was october. Ha. I think since the day of web disclosure.. he's changing up his game.. realizing as owner.. he's the guy that's gna have to carry the ball n make the touchdown on on this one. His guys have too much on their plate otherwise.
I hope to get similar results as you.. only time will tell.

I appreciate the support comments fully tho.. really do.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:07 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by saywat?
^how long ago was this? maybe intense was good back in the day or when they first started but doesnt look very good now and to try and vouche for a business that no longer is doing a good job kinda doesnt make sense.
Keep trolling and proving that you don't know WTF you're talking about... Intense has been in business over 10 years and has had multiple show winning cars during the past couple years that were featured on the covers of various import tuner magazines.

What's going on with the problems in the front sales office is not a reflection of the quality of work being done in the shop area with the project cars. I challenge you or the other trolls to name one botched or fubar'ed build or one customer who was unhappy with their Intense built car before you continue talking s**t.

Yes... Intense has customer service issues that NEED TO BE FIXED. Han (the owner) has gotten that message loud and clear. The ball is now in his court to resolve those issues. Continue beating on that drum and holding Intense accountable for that if you insist. But to paint with a broad brush and imply that Intense is also putting out subpar quality builds and installs out of their shop is absolutely BS. You have no factual basis to support that assumption or assertion.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 10-13-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:39 PM
PerfZ

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Keep trolling and proving that you don't know WTF you're talking about... Intense has been in business over 10 years and has had multiple show winning cars during the past couple years that were featured on the covers of various import tuner magazines.

What's going on with the problems in the front sales office is not a reflection of the quality of work being done in the shop area with the project cars. I challenge you or the other trolls to name one botched or fubar'ed build or one customer who was unhappy with their Intense built car before you continue talking s**t.

Yes... Intense has customer service issues that NEED TO BE FIXED. Han (the owner) has gotten that message loud and clear. The ball is now in his court to resolve those issues. Continue beating on that drum and holding Intense accountable for that if you insist. But to paint with a broad brush and also imply that Intense puts out subpar quality builds and installs out of their shop is absolutely BS. You have no factual basis to support that assumption or assertion.
I think what he was saying is what I said earlier - "What have you done for me lately?". He was not running down their past performance, in fact was complimenting it. As a business owner who handles a lot of peoples money that has to be directed to other places in order to complete my companies commitments to my clients, he is saying that they failed - and they did, like it or not. I see that you are relatively local, and I admire your defense of them. BUT, it looks to me, and a few others, that they blew it - and I still don't buy the reason they are giving. Continuing to take orders, and charging customers credit cards, simply makes no sense - even if their story is factual, it is only digging themselves into a deeper hole.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:09 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by PerfZ
I think what he was saying is what I said earlier - "What have you done for me lately?". He was not running down their past performance, in fact was complimenting it. As a business owner who handles a lot of peoples money that has to be directed to other places in order to complete my companies commitments to my clients, he is saying that they failed - and they did, like it or not. I see that you are relatively local, and I admire your defense of them. BUT, it looks to me, and a few others, that they blew it - and I still don't buy the reason they are giving. Continuing to take orders, and charging customers credit cards, simply makes no sense - even if their story is factual, it is only digging themselves into a deeper hole.
LOL You got all that out of his inaccurate dribble of a troll post? He responded to Marshall's post addressed to Brian about project cars and the end results at Intense being worth it. saywat's post was clearly a jab at that and his comments were off base in that regard.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 10-13-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:56 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate
Premier Member

Received 1,029 Likes on 786 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0

Yes... Intense has customer service issues that NEED TO BE FIXED. Han (the owner) has gotten that message loud and clear. The ball is now in his court to resolve those issues. Continue beating on that drum and holding Intense accountable for that if you insist. But to paint with a broad brush and imply that Intense is also putting out subpar quality builds and installs out of their shop is absolutely BS. You have no factual basis to support that assumption or assertion.
Bccanman isnt too happy with his build right now. Just saying.

BTW, how is your build coming along. Done yet? Quicksilver...same question.

Other than that I don't know anyone who is unhappy with intense's shop work. Then again I don't know of any other builds from intense on this forum.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:08 AM
PerfZ

It is not the work that is in question in this thread - it is the LACK of work. And other car forums are full of the same threads.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:56 AM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 2,609 Likes on 2,063 Posts

I have had my Z since May 2010. In that time I have bought just about everything one can buy. I asked Intense for pricing on just about everything I bought and got the parts elsewhere weeks before I got a quote.

After my second shop I asked Pete for a quote on finishing my NA build. I am still waiting for an answer and that request was made in July.

I posted on a local AZ forum I wanted a responsible shop due to all of the trouble I have had and Pete chimed in with all kinds of inaccuracies although out of respect for the site admin who is a friend of Pete's I tried not to bash them.

I have well over 20k into my car (after purchase) and not one cent went to Intense and as a result of my negative interactions with Pete not a cent ever will.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:41 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by Cux350z
Bccanman isnt too happy with his build right now. Just saying.

BTW, how is your build coming along. Done yet? Quicksilver...same question.

Other than that I don't know anyone who is unhappy with intense's shop work. Then again I don't know of any other builds from intense on this forum.
That is outside the context of the part of my post you highlighted reference completed builds. But yes... Brian is not happy at the moment. His money got tied up in the cc merchant company mess and his frustration is compounded by the fact that his Z is his ONLY driver.

Do you seriously want to know the answers to the questions in the 2nd part of your post? Or is that just a jab disguised with a smiley?

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 10-14-2011 at 08:45 AM.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:51 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Pete made good contact w me today by text and PM and wanted to go over the build specifics one more time, and is making me a full invoice in writing as we speak. To this point, ive had nothing in writing, and never thought it would be an issue, in hindsight, it truly is a necessity in any business transaction.. and i was silly for not making that happen earlier.

Good activity on this end tho. I report the facts as they roll thru.

Feels like a good sign, but again, im using kid gloves and moving fwd slowly and cautiously, with alot more hands on presence there at IMR to oversee what goes down.

I am told my travel aspect is over at work, so that will be far easier for me now.
Pete is a really good guy, hes just overworked. Pretty much end of story.
All these crazy changes happened when Darren left. Not to put any of the shop or phones guys there down, but he was a grown man w a history with these cars, ahd some big ones himself etc, and ran just as fast as Pete. Not sure what issues caused his departure, but the only guy left to juggle the face of IMR was Pete alone. I dont know how they all thought that was gna work haha. After this clears up, they need to get another full blown customer servce guy in there to calm down the ph lines. I see that personally as an instant fix for the biz.. they are bottlenecked beyond human belief. Its like having a restaurant where the host is also the waiter, the bartender, and the cook... aint gna happen. The ppl who do get a drink and thier food will wait forever, and 90 percent of everyone esle wont get jack. And believe that host/waiter/cook will be busting @ss working hard, even though its failing.

But in the end, it is what it is. If a guy feels he god bad service or no contact, then thats how he feels. Its a tuff world, most ppl have little time to think any other way. So even if thers a million good reasons like theones ive mentioned.. end result is still the end result.

Hopefully it will all improve. I liked my IMR. Really did. And Id like to again.. really do.

Last edited by bmccann101; 10-14-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:52 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate
Premier Member

Received 1,029 Likes on 786 Posts

Its a real question. You two are the only ones I can think of to have cars in their shop besides their big turbo build car.

It seems like intense was more of a vendor for parts, not builds.

Most of the builds I can recall from out west cam from VRT/Other scammer shop or GTM. Midwest is SP, MIDA is well...a cluster, and South you have Injected/Dynosty, Forged, CIN and if you head to FLA you have another cluster that probably rivals the MIDA. Texas has Jtran.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:01 AM
srsairbags

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

soo is intense assuming that all the Z parts orders came from forum memebers . . who happen to be in this thread . . . ( good assumption though) . . i still am receiving no communication from sales@intensepower.com
Old 10-14-2011, 09:32 AM
VQpwr03z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My case still under investigation, no resolution yet, but i did get a credit.

Quick Reply: contacting intensepower.com